I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: Why are we paying full price($60 dollars) on Exclusive games?

Jun 10, 2013
A dog is not something that IW should be proud of. Who cares about the scars and crap that you're never going to notice during actual gameplay. The only useful thing about that dog is putting C4 on it and sending it running into a team of enemies.
My PSN
Message 11 of 23 (295 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 10, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Quality......... Its OK I mean its not like Sony is making these prices. The developers and publishers make the the price.

Um the price is something Sony, pubs and microsoft decided when the last gen started it was a mutual agreement. @the_ed_85  What a cruel thing to say I hope you never get your day or something like that. rofl.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 12 of 23 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Sure Sony has some say in prices but when a single game cost $60 for a few years then you knows its on the developers or publishers side. Still comes down to Quality, it the game is well put together then quality is worth the $60 price tag. It has nothing to do with 1st or 3rd party developers.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 13 of 23 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I almost never pay $60 game. I generally wait till it goes on  sale for $30-$40.  I only by $60 when its somethin I really really want but why pay that much when you can wait a mont and it will be $20-30 less?

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 14 of 23 (256 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 10, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
CoD, all of the annual sports games, any franchise that has a new edition every year should be dropped from the $60 price point. The games get stale very quickly when they come out that quickly. When a new CoD comes out, the one from 2 years ago is either still at $60 or just getting brought down to $40. The only current gen CoD games I've ever seen go down to $20 at a normal retailer are MW1 and World at War. Besides that, I've never seen them drop below $30.

Give the players a chance to actually play the game for a little bit and start asking for a new edition. Then, when you make the new edition, don't have it be the same thing as the last one with a very minor graphics update and a few new guns, or players switching teams. Bring something completely new to the franchise to the table.

Heh.  But that is simply not the model that EA or Activision follow.  Those companies don't care one little bit about what is "good" or what is "right".  They know that their followers (Madden/CoD) will buy any new iteration of the game and gloat about it being the best thing yet.  Therefore, they won't put any time or effort at all into making improvements when they know the masses will overpay for the same thing over and over and over again.

Message 15 of 23 (253 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 10, 2013
At least sony's exclusives go down substantially in price over time. Same can't be said about Nintendo.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 16 of 23 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
3336 posts

Jun 10, 2013

socom69 wrote:
At least sony's exclusives go down substantially in price over time. Same can't be said about Nintendo.

As much as I am a fan of Nintendo's games, that annoys me. Smiley Mad

Twitter: @Xeno_VII
Message 17 of 23 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8915 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Annual, exclusive, doesn't matter. Games just shouldn't be as pricey as $60. GI had a feature on this some years ago and gamers are to blame for pricing. Every time you drop top dollar on a collectors edition or dlc etc. you're basically telling the company "Charge what you want, I'll pay it". Nobody to blame but fellow gamers.

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 18 of 23 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Blastfurnace2k wrote:

Annual, exclusive, doesn't matter. Games just shouldn't be as pricey as $60. GI had a feature on this some years ago and gamers are to blame for pricing. Every time you drop top dollar on a collectors edition or dlc etc. you're basically telling the company "Charge what you want, I'll pay it". Nobody to blame but fellow gamers.

Game Informer is owned and published by GameStop, just to let you know.

They have a vested interest in making as much profit off of you as possible.... the more people that buy brand new games and expensive collectors editions, the less money gamestop sees. Especially when every store that sells a game at 59.99 is barely making $5-10 in profit due to wholesale prices from distributors.

Everybody seems to already forget this little piece of information...
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/22/tretton-ps4-game-prices-range-from-99-to-60/

You don't HAVE to pay full price for a game.... but you're going to have to do a few things....

1) SHOP AROUND
2) Purchase through affiliate programs. I usually buy my games with information from CheapAssGamer.com and TekSyndicates' affiliate marketing.... just from both of those sites, I can buy BRAND NEW games for $10-$20 less. But they stay at that price longer than say buying from Amazon 2-4 months after release.

3) wait 3-6 months after a game launches.... usually, someplace is going to be selling it at a reduced price. Target is pretty good about lowering game prices the longer they are on shelves, at least in my area....

Everyone wants to save a few bucks here and there and some don't believe every game deserves a $60 price point, I understand.
But when you don't bother yourself to shop around and search for discounted games or be patient enough to wait until a game you want is discounted, then you can't use that excuse. (not to apply to everyone, but those people know who they are)

I usually wait a month to buy my games, because thats when they show up at discounted prices on the places I normally buy them. 

Some games, I will pay full price the day it comes out. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 23 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8915 posts

Jun 13, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Blastfurnace2k wrote:

Game Informer is owned and published by GameStop, just to let you know.

They have a vested interest in making as much profit off of you as possible.... the more people that buy brand new games and expensive collectors editions, the less money gamestop sees. Especially when every store that sells a game at 59.99 is barely making $5-10 in profit due to wholesale prices from distributors.

Everybody seems to already forget this little piece of information...
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/22/tretton-ps4-game-prices-range-from-99-to-60/

You don't HAVE to pay full price for a game.... but you're going to have to do a few things....

1) SHOP AROUND
2) Purchase through affiliate programs. I usually buy my games with information from CheapAssGamer.com and TekSyndicates' affiliate marketing.... just from both of those sites, I can buy BRAND NEW games for $10-$20 less. But they stay at that price longer than say buying from Amazon 2-4 months after release.

3) wait 3-6 months after a game launches.... usually, someplace is going to be selling it at a reduced price. Target is pretty good about lowering game prices the longer they are on shelves, at least in my area....

Everyone wants to save a few bucks here and there and some don't believe every game deserves a $60 price point, I understand.
But when you don't bother yourself to shop around and search for discounted games or be patient enough to wait until a game you want is discounted, then you can't use that excuse. (not to apply to everyone, but those people know who they are)

I usually wait a month to buy my games, because thats when they show up at discounted prices on the places I normally buy them. 

Some games, I will pay full price the day it comes out. 

So you're saying GI had an unbiased feature in their mag and didn't care if it lost their owner some business? I like GI alot more now.

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 20 of 23 (109 Views)
0 Likes