Highlighted
Aug 25 2012
By: McDEATH-8 First Son 7 posts

Why are'nt all games for PS3 in 1080HD?????????

6 replies 113 views Edited Aug 25, 2012

I am so sick and tired of seeing games only have 720HD, when the same game for Xbox is in 1080HD. Don't tell me you don't have enough space on discs cuz everyone knows playstation discs hold more data than xbox. For anyone who says theres no real difference you need to have your eyes checked, its like night and day. Take Battlefield 3 for example, on playstation the words in the game menus are blurry, on xbox they are crystal clear and the game itself is much sharper on xbox. I for one will be buying most of my games from now on for xbox. I really like my PS3 but not having ALL GAMES IN 1080HD and no CROSS GAME CHAT CAPABILITY are GAMEKILLERS  for me. Wake up sony get with the times and tell companies to make their games with 1080hd capability.

Message 1 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Why are'nt all games for PS3 in 1080HD?????????

Aug 25, 2012

McDEATH-8 wrote:

I am so sick and tired of seeing games only have 720HD, when the same game for Xbox is in 1080HD. Don't tell me you don't have enough space on discs cuz everyone knows playstation discs hold more data than xbox. For anyone who says theres no real difference you need to have your eyes checked, its like night and day. Take Battlefield 3 for example, on playstation the words in the game menus are blurry, on xbox they are crystal clear and the game itself is much sharper on xbox. I for one will be buying most of my games from now on for xbox. I really like my PS3 but not having ALL GAMES IN 1080HD and no CROSS GAME CHAT CAPABILITY are GAMEKILLERS  for me. Wake up sony get with the times and tell companies to make their games with 1080hd capability.

X360 games are UPSCALED automatically to 1080p when connected to a compatible display. A majority of  games (somewhere in the 80-90 percentile) run a native 720p resolution and some even lower than that as its been known that a few games run in 540p or 620p.

The PS3 displayes the native resolution on all games, and if the games supports a higher resolution provided you have a 1080p display, then you will get 1080p.

AND you can force the PS3 to upscale all games to run in 1080p, but its not recommended as not every game supports that resolution, as you'll just get a blank screen.

I had BF3 on the X360 and PS3, got rid of the X360 version because the last time I actually turned it on was When BF3 released..... It runs the same. I can see text clearly on both, the game plays the same on both.

As for not having 'Cross game Chat'.......  the majority of us dont care to have it, and theres already a valid reason why its never going to be implemented on the PS3.

You should have done your research before making ANY post on ANY forum about this subject as it has already been talked about.

BTW, 1080p and 720p resolutions make ZERO difference when you play on your average sized HDTV between 27-46", especially when you sit a reasonable distance away so the Poltergeist don't pull you in.
Doing some homework on that would also help on your lack of understanding on the differences in resolutions. 

If you prefer to play on the X360 then thats fine, but to call a miniscule difference in graphical quality and lack of some feature and your lack of understanding or inability to the research yourself aka willfull ignorance, a Game Breaker, then you're sorely mistaken.

Simply making a post of your frustration and mentioning that you are leaving the PS community, doesn't really hurt our feelings any and you wont' be missed.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 7 (110 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Cross Game Chat that's what texting with your cell phone was inveted for
Message 3 of 7 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Don't feed this troll he's obviously is looking to get into a tech fight for fun.

Message 4 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 26, 2012

While that may be true, giving a FACTUAL rebuttal deters them almost immediately

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 7 (86 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Aug 26, 2012
Seriously like your eye can tell a diffirence between 720p and 1080p unless youre a real geak
Message 6 of 7 (78 Views)
VP of Gaming
28987 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

fairytailced wrote:
Seriously like your eye can tell a diffirence between 720p and 1080p unless youre a real geak

Oh, it's not that they actually can tell the difference, it's that they BELIEVE they can tell the difference. I've had geeks, or as I call them "enthusiasts", tell me that the practice of filming at 24 frames per second, what's been the defacto standard for motion picture film for nearly 80 years, and what they use for movies and television, and has been proven by science that the human brain can not process anything above that as demonstrated by the process of film time coding, and has been documented in countless scienfitifc and photographic and film journals, is essentially in no uncertain terms wrong. I guess for them that if  something wasn't developed using video games, then it's not relevant.

Message 7 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes