Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2013
Offline
1465 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

single clap

 

thats all you get

 photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 74 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/08/2007
Online
4561 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Xbox says 3GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> sony fanboys trash the X1

 There's reasons why buddy - DDR3, etc.

Sony says 3.5GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> "don't see the big deal it's 10x more than PS3"

GDDR5, faster than DDR3... Enough said.


Check out this thread BTW, it's pretty great! All about the PS4 so far dontcha know :smileywink:!

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 74 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Why all the Concern over the OS RAM?

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

da1writer wrote:

viking_land1 wrote:

It takes a lot of power to do the things the PS4 is going to do like play games while downloading and youtube vids and cross game chat. Plus it's to make it last for 10 years so they can add features in the future . So no big deal to me.


Agreed but people are totally glossing over this because they are focused on a number. Are we honestly going to gloss over these games:

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

 

And I plan on adding more to the list today, are we really that naive over this to bring justice on something the majority seems to not understand...


Yeah, I have to say the video's I've been watching look pretty incredible. I personally can't wait to get my hands on these games. For me there are too many games that I want. Watchdogs, The Division, Destiny, The Crew, AC4, KZ: SF, I: SS, Knack, Diablo 3 (couch coop baby), BF4, TES: Online, Warframe, Planetside 2, and the list goes on and these are in the first years window.

 

I've been playing games far too long to not understand what RAM does for us. And when I'm hearing things from developers like CD Project (The Witcher 3) saying how much larger their world is and that there won't be load screens, and the same from Ubisoft about Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I have to say I'm excited, not worried.

 

Anyone remember this game? The main character had so much detail. lol. Talk about letting the gamer use their imagination.

 

 

Same with the handhelds and using your imagination. HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY!!!

 

 

I guess I've been around too long and still remember the early years of gaming, and just can't let this stuff bother me. Look at the games, not the specs. There are a lot of talented people out there working to make the best possible experience for us.

 

Here's a little about me in the XBox community. Just to show I'm not some Sony fanboy.

 

As far as why I'm going PS4 this time around. I have a Vita that will benefit from it. Also looking at exclusives I see that with the exception of Dead Rising 3, I can play the rest of MS's on my PC. I can't do that with the ones that I've seen of Sony's.

 

Will I miss my XBL friends list? Sure, I've played with some of them for the last 10 years. Alot of late nights playing Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mech Assault, Splinter Cell, BF, Halo, Halo, Halo (lol), Gears, Rainbow Six, etc, etc... But I had to make an informed decision and this is where it led me. I'll catch MS's exclusives on PC and I'm sure the rest will be timed exclusives like Mass Effect was.

 

Anyway, sorry so long. Just some things I was thinking about before I went to sleep last night.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 74 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
569 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

That's not what I trashed about the XBox1.

 

Don't worry though, nobody cares either way. If you say these things to an actual human being in the flesh they'll probably look at you **bleep**-eyed, assume you're on bath salts and bid you a good day.


sig by Grindhead_Jim
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 74 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
9651 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Again, it's a RUMOR until proven true

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 74 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Xbox says 3GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> sony fanboys trash the X1

 

Sony says 3.5GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> "don't see the big deal it's 10x more than PS3"


So? Sony leaving less ram for developers at least makes up for having no mandatory pervert camera. 

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 74 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
126 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Again, it's a RUMOR until proven not

My favorite argument people make is "Sony didn't immediately shoot this down! It must be true!!!". People speculated and said that the PS4 was gonna require online at all times and block used games because "Microsoft did it! Sony must have done it too!" and they didn't say anything for weeks.

 

How did all that turn out again?

 

In this case I personally don't care. The games look great. I'm sure they'll play great, the developers seem happy, the console is at a great price. Outside of those things I don't care whats inside the box.

PS2>PS3, what had the superior specs again?

PS Vita Games in 2014: The Ultimate List -
http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/ps-vita-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list.615/
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 74 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/17/2008
Offline
4292 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

Yeah I thought this was just a rumor, but everyone is talking like it's a fact. Is there something I missed?

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 74 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/20/2009
Online
1396 posts
 

Re: If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

DNG-PaasDieJonco wrote:

Yeah I thought this was just a rumor, but everyone is talking like it's a fact. Is there something I missed?


You get good sources saying things i think we can assume they are true to at least some degree.  Sony not defending this is completely normal but as was said before leading up to the August announcement more and more things will slip out and i am going to assume this is one of them.  Not a definite by no means but i would say more likely then not at this point.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 74 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/20/2013
Offline
105 posts
 

Re: Why all the Concern over the OS RAM?

Jul 28, 2013
Brian Provinciano, Retro City Rampage creator and PlayStation 4 developer has described Digital Foundry’s PS4 RAM rumours suggesting that the system will take up to 3.5GB for the OS, leaving only 4.5GB for games as “absolutely false” on twitter.
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 74 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes