I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: Why all the Concern over the OS RAM?

Jul 27, 2013

I can tell some people here don't know about the Ps4's OS. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 51 of 74 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Jul 27, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Make sure you watch the whole thing. Love it, ha ha. Reminds me of the media. Not saying to not discuss things, but the last line rings so true.

PERFECT POST! 10/10 Nailed it!

Message 52 of 74 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Jul 27, 2013

You all do realize... The PS3 is practically falling apart with the way it's working now... 

If Sony wants to use more for RAM on the PS4, or even less RAM, maybe it has 

something to do with, People paying more to get a change around here... 

If their using less for Games, & more for the O/S, then maybe it'll mean 

Smoother, more Stable PS Network over the PS4 this time around, Vs. 

the PS3, that is... 

You all are complaining over nothing... 

8GB & whatever Sony is using it for, is a whole lot more then what were currently getting 

already, so stop causing issues, @_@ 

It could also have something to do with Game Recordings, & Rewind Features, & the whole New 

Social Gamming stuff, too... 

You all were so happy with all the New Features, you were willing to sacrifice your Games for it, 

& now your not happy, @_@ 

Why do you think I didn't want to Pre-Order... 

Because they weren't even Focusing on Games anymore, too buisy with Socializing things, 

that they were going to Sacrifice their Games, & stuff... 

Sony & Microsoft are now Focusing on everything, but Games, plus they still have 

the Gekai Service to worry about, which is still Pre-Gen related, again, not focusing 

on PS4 Games, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 53 of 74 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11619 posts

Jul 27, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Why is it so hard to understand the point im making i dont care if you are worried about it or not this isnt rocket science, I am just saying they are using more space then necessary for the OS if the estimates are correct and more space for developers cant be a bad thing even if 95 percent of the developers dont use all the space. 

I understand your point. They are allegedly using 1.5 GB for the OS, 1 GB reserve for future updates, 4.5 GB for devs, and 1 GB reserved in case the devs need it. 

If developers are maxing out 5.5 GB in 6 years, it should be possible for Sony to reallocate the remaining space to the devs.

and its even possible that sony could one day release an update for the ps4 that better optimizes the use of memory when it comes to the os allowing it to use less memory to run and giving more for games

>

Message 54 of 74 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 27, 2013
So 4.5 gigs of DDR5 , down the road could be 5.2 - 7 gigs of ram.Why is this bad again , when most companies have been praising Sony.The superior console ports will be on the PS4 , the only thing better is of course pc ports.
Message 55 of 74 (209 Views)
MVP Support
5978 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

ConvertXbot_3017 wrote:
So 4.5 gigs of DDR5 , down the road could be 5.2 - 7 gigs of ram.Why is this bad again , when most companies have been praising Sony.The superior console ports will be on the PS4 , the only thing better is of course pc ports.

For a new guy, I agree with you. That's all I've heard too, nothing but good thing from devs about how Sony is, how powerful the PS4 is, and that the backing of the console from everyone is tremendous. I have no clue why people are getting upset over this when great games are still going to come out for the PS4... People are acting like this is the worst thing that happened for PlayStation owners ever... It's disturbing and the info provided over the team isn't even set in stone...

Message 56 of 74 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 27, 2013

It takes alot of power to do the things the PS4 is going to do like play games while downloading and youtube vids and cross game chat. Plus it's to make it last for 10 years so they can add features in the future . So no big deal to me.

Message 57 of 74 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5978 posts

Jul 27, 2013

viking_land1 wrote:

It takes alot of power to do the things the PS4 is going to do like play games while downloading and youtube vids and cross game chat. Plus it's to make it last for 10 years so they can add features in the future . So no big deal to me.

Agreed but people are totally glossing over this because they are focused on a number. Are we honestly going to gloss over these games:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

And I plan on adding more to the list today, are we really that naive over this to bring justice on something the majority seems to not understand...

Message 58 of 74 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Also possible that the PS4 team came up with a new feature that they'd like to reserve an extra 2gigs for.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 59 of 74 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

If you bashed the XBox One then it's fair to bash the PS4

Jul 27, 2013

Xbox says 3GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> sony fanboys trash the X1

Sony says 3.5GB of RAM reserved to run OS -> "don't see the big deal it's 10x more than PS3"

Message 60 of 74 (182 Views)
0 Likes