Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: kingjohn_cd Lombax Warrior 214 posts

Why all HD ports need to be on Vita.

21 replies 289 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

So I bought the Metal Gear Solid HD collection for my Vita, and I realized something. This game is perfect for the Vita. 

And not just this game, but this type of game.

Imagine how much better HD Ports would be if you could play them all from your Vita. They still retain that fantasticly sharp resolution, but dont show off the game's lack of polygons and textures. Side by side, this is why Vita HD Ports are better than PS3 (in my opinion).

Sure the living room HD TV is great for these games, but who can deny the fact that they don't all belong standing side by side (visually) with their PS3 brothers & sisters. Sure Devil May Cry is one of the best games of all time, in my opinion, but it looks nothing like Devil May Cry 4 or DMC. However on the Vita there would be less screen space to have to notice these flaws. Just the silky framerate, iconic gameplay, and sharp ol' Dante.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2602 posts

Re: Why all HD ports need to be on Vita.

Dec 16, 2012

I'm still waiting for the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Dec 16, 2012

We need a Spyro HD Collection

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

+1. Where the **bleep** is that.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 16, 2012

harley2947 wrote:

We need a Spyro HD Collection

That would be awesome. I've never really given any thought of replaying the old Spyro games, but a Spyro HD collection would definitely get me back in and playing them. I just went from not having this in my mind at all to wanting this the most. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2462 posts

Dec 16, 2012
We need new games; ports aren't going to win anyone over and right now the PSV is in desperate need of becoming appealing to people who have yet to buy one. The notion about the PSV is already that it is a port machine, probably not a good idea to feed that perception~.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 16, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
We need new games; ports aren't going to win anyone over and right now the PSV is in desperate need of becoming appealing to people who have yet to buy one. The notion about the PSV is already that it is a port machine, probably not a good idea to feed that perception~.

Desprate need?
The only people who moan about the vita are the folks who can't throw down the 250+ dollars it costs to own one.  Plus it hasn't even had it's first birthday no console is really that special until a little later in its life and to be perfectly honest considering how new it is it's my favorite console. 

I'll take a bunch more HD remakes while we wait for developers to learn how to make quality games for the vita. (Though it seems it was no problem for some developers.) 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Ports will win me over lol. I'd take a watered down Battlefield 3 on the Vita. I'd love for NCAA 13, NBA 2K13, Spec tops The Line, and SOCOM Confrontation to be on my Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2462 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Sky_The_Assassin wrote:

Desprate need?
The only people who moan about the vita are the folks who can't throw down the 250+ dollars it costs to own one.  Plus it hasn't even had it's first birthday no console is really that special until a little later in its life and to be perfectly honest considering how new it is it's my favorite console. 

And unfortunately for you, me and anyone else with a PSV, that means most everybody in the World. The PSV is nearly at the bottom of Worldwide sale numbers, even below the original DS. Guess what? You can chalk it down to people being cheap or whatever but at the end of the day the reality is that people are still not buying it~.

Poor sale numbers equal poor third party support. Poor party suppor equals an endangered system. And right now, one of the many stigmas the PSV has to face, whether you like it or not, is that it's only good for ports. People aren't going to dish out 300$ for a handheld to play games they already played in their home consoles. Sure, some ports are good; keyword here being some but ultimately if all the PSV has is ports it'll lack an identity to craft itself a place in the market~.

So yeah, the PSV is in desperate need of becoming appealing to the hundred of thousands of people who pick a DS or 3DS over the PSV~.

Edit: And for the records, the PSV will be a year old tomorrow; so at this point, the system's appearance in the market is no longer an excuse for its poor sale numbers~.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31936 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

oh man, i cant wait to see the amount of lag 2nd Runner will have on the Vita. even on the PS3 there was serious lag, sometimes dropping to 10FPS.

not sure why Konami didnt just get the same dev who did the MGS HD Collection to do the ZOE Collection. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (180 Views)
0 Likes