Jul 09 2012
By: RabidGiant First Son 19 posts

Why Sony? You are ruining the Vita for me!!!

7 replies 338 views Edited Jul 9, 2012

I have no problem with the rate at which games are coming out for the Vita.   It is matching my expectations and frankly I don't have the funds to buy games any faster anyway.  The one thing that is killing the experience for me is the content I am NOT getting from games / ports. 

Metal Gear for example.  Bought the Vita version anyway, but can't express how dissappointed I am at the exclusion of Peace Walker.   Why would you do this?  Because Vita games cost less?  I went on Amazon today to order the HD collection and the PS3 version actually costs less.   So you want me to pay the same price for 2/3 the game?  How does that make sense?   Why would anyone buy a Vita to do that?  

How about Lego Batman.   I don't mind ports if they come from the PS3, but from the 3DS is not acceptable.   I paid an extra $150 for high definition.  If I didn't mind ok graphics I woulda saved all that money buying a 3DS.  And why exclude the open world?  Again, you want me to pay the same money for less game on the Vita?  

As for COD I am very skeptical.  Why won't you show any game footage only months from release nor tell us who is making it.  Please tell me it's not the same idiots who ruined Burning Skies.  I have a bad feeling there are good reasons we have seen nothing yet.  And even if you don't totally eff it up by making a subpar game, PLEASE do not exclude the best content like zombies.  You won't get $50 from me for less game, when I can pay $10 more and play on a big screen with more content.  If it has everything, you will get my money.  

I rarely post but I do so with a purpose here.   I hope someone from Sony reads this along with all the others posting similarly.  I am ok with you pacing game releases and porting from the PS3.   Just don't expect premium dollar from me for games with less content.  Rant complete.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (338 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Why Sony? You are ruining the Vita for me!!!

Jul 9, 2012

Once again, your problem (like many others) is with 3rd party publishers/developers. Konami is the one who pulled Peace Walker from the Metal Gear HD Collection. No idea what their reasoning was for that. Maybe because you can already purchase the PSP version? Who knows. WB Games/TT Games gimped the port of Lego Batman 2. Their excuse was because of technical limitations (not really buying that one though). Finally, Activision is the one holding back on showing off their COD title or releasing any official info on it. Maybe they're holding off until Gamescon? Again, who knows. 

When you look at games that are actually being ported to the Vita by Sony, you'll find that they are actually porting the full game over (PAS: Battle Royale, Sly Cooper 4, etc) and offering things like crossplay. It's the 3rd party publishers that are dropping the ball on that one. Not much Sony can do aside from urging them to not treat their handheld ports like second rate titles. For the most part, they seem to be leading by example on this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jul 9, 2012
i agree with you mostly, publishers are on the hook here too. that said, i think sony is just as bad. let's look at psone support. it went from a launch feature to a "launch window" feature and now, via Sony Japan we know firmware 1.8 will enable it... yet we have heard JACK SQUAT from sony america. it would be awesome just to hear something like "we have it worked out 98% except for kink x, so we are working on y". i also think they drop the ball with remote play. as far as games go, why couldn't sony give the devs/pubs a little push? the games and system are gonna be DoA without the hype machine behind them. the two go hand in hand (obviously). and there are plenty of games announced for the fall/holidays - i'm not upset with the pace of releases either. although it does seem foolish to not give us psone support during this lull in releases. i'm sure i'm not the only bored vita owner who'd buy a handful of games right off the bat.

off topic, i have a feeling neversoft is working on CoD vita; they were recently chosen to work on as-of-yet undisclosed CoD title.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (290 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jul 13, 2012
I agree
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

IMP_ervious wrote:

Once again, your problem (like many others) is with 3rd party publishers/developers. 

^This. Sony has little jurisdiction on what other companies can do with their games. 

With Metal Gear HD Vita, if I were you I'd be displeased with Konami instead of Sony.  I'm sure Sony had nothing to do with the exclusion of Peace Walker (it would have been nice to get a voucher for MGS1 though, but that's probably still Konami's decision). Wasn't the PS3 version out before the Vita version anyway? That's probably why the price was lower for the PS3.

As for CoD...I tend to agree with you. If this game is supposed to come out around the time of Black Ops 2, there should at least be some info about it. All we know right now is the name. Still not Sony's fault though. Just have to wait and see if anything is released. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Alright well I was cOnsidering getting this but I realized that it a stupid scam designed by Sony to get more money for Past purshased psP games. If I were Sony I would drop the having to pay fOr umd to vita cause if I payed 30$ for my game I'm not giving u another 31. I'm pretty sure the "intelligent" minds at Sony who developed a high end portable device can surely incorporate a program that reads the unique umd and instead of copy pasting it onto the vita it cut pastes it as in the data can be switched between the umd and vita but leaves the umd empty until u decide to put it back on the umd and if you were to sell the blank umd, is that not what we have police for? If u scam someone and sell them a blank disk confront them and if they refuse, involve the police. Alternatively all this can be avoided by lowering transfer prices to 10$ a game none of that 31$ depending on the game crap that is the worst scam I've ever seen drop it to 10$ fOr every game and I'll pick one up right away cause if not I'm just gonna buy another psp btw mine is broken it won't play umds only downloadable games I don't know where to get repairs in canada
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6890 posts

Jul 18, 2012

ironstormx wrote:
Alright well I was cOnsidering getting this but I realized that it a stupid scam designed by Sony to get more money for Past purshased psP games. If I were Sony I would drop the having to pay fOr umd to vita cause if I payed 30$ for my game I'm not giving u another 31. I'm pretty sure the "intelligent" minds at Sony who developed a high end portable device can surely incorporate a program that reads the unique umd and instead of copy pasting it onto the vita it cut pastes it as in the data can be switched between the umd and vita but leaves the umd empty until u decide to put it back on the umd and if you were to sell the blank umd, is that not what we have police for? If u scam someone and sell them a blank disk confront them and if they refuse, involve the police. Alternatively all this can be avoided by lowering transfer prices to 10$ a game none of that 31$ depending on the game crap that is the worst scam I've ever seen drop it to 10$ fOr every game and I'll pick one up right away cause if not I'm just gonna buy another psp btw mine is broken it won't play umds only downloadable games I don't know where to get repairs in canada

Problem with your idea is that the UMD is not a re-writable/eraseable format (and the PSP's UMD drive wasn't a UMD writer, anyway).

As for a UMD reader on the PSVita: Where would they put it?  The back of the device is a touch panel.  The inside of the Vita is jam-packed with circuit boards and diodes.  I'm not even sure it's possible for Sony to release a 'slim' version of the Vita without sacrificing even more battery life.

What are you talking about a transfer from UMD to Vita?  That program (UMD Passport) only exists in Japan.  If you know of a company that is offering that service, they are doing so through international means, which is to say, it is probably costing them AT LEAST $31 to do it for you.

Here in the US (and Canada), we are stuck having to re-purchase our UMD games digitally, at full price, to play the games we already own on PSP/UMD.  Get over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I did not think they would go through with a transfer program to start with.Even the first time I heard about it.But I was hoping they would at lest do a trade in value with them.Put the games that are on psn on download cards at the stores full psn price and get mabe 10$ off with umd trade in of same game.But we got what we got.It would have been nice though.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (135 Views)
0 Likes