Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Why People on Ps3 Hate and Bash Gay fellow Gaymers.

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

It's the pure bigotry they embrace that makes them have a negative view of gay people. Even if a lot of years pass by, there is going to be people who will bash another person who don't agree with their opinions and/or beliefs.

Are you calling the Bible a bigot?

There are passages in the Bible that call homosexuality an abomination, especially in the book of Leviticus. Chapters 18-20 in the book of Leviticus damns homosexuality, and calls homosexuality an abomination.

The Bible also says this: "Do to others as they would do to you", "Love your neighbor as yourself", and last but certainly not least ", "Don't judge, or else you'll be judged. Don't condemn, or else you'll be condemned."  You know who said that? Jesus said that. So just now you've been judgemental and have condemned something. That means you'll be judged and condemned by the man upstairs.  It's 2014. Times have changed. Deal with it.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 61 of 63 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Why People on PS3 Hate and Bash Gay fellow Gaymers.

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Haku_Legacy wrote:

This guy periodically posts things like this. I thought it would be contained to the home forums but it seems he's back. I have many straight and gay friends on XBL and PSN and none of them go on crusades to find out why certain people hate online.

If you're gay then just be happy with  yourself and do what you want to do, getting upset and making posts on the internet that some people bashed you over your orientation is just pointless. No one really cares or will sympathize with you because it's mainly your fault for not being discreet with such information.

Gamers, be them straight or gay do not concern themselves with your personal matters. It's all about the games, if you're cool then they will be cool and everything will be fine. But you have this crazy notion of trying to get boyfriends online and all that jazz so CLEARLY you push these people to the point of bashing you.

Try discretion and tact online when it comes to your personal matters. As online is not the place for people to get personal or involved with each other.

That person has a right to bring this up because bigotry, including (but not limited to) hatred towards the GLBT community, is an issue largely ignored by gamers these days. You have gamers online using slurs against other gamers all of the time and I think it's important that this issue be brought to our attention. I stay away from online gaming because of crap like this. I find it absurd and quite hilarious that you would even suggest that this person, whoever he may be, is only bringing this up for the intention of getting  a boyfriend and coercing people to bash him. That's ridiculous . He makes a valid argument here. Get off of your high horse and show some respect for goodness' sake. SMH...

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 62 of 63 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
55437 posts

Re: Why People on Ps3 Hate and Bash Gay fellow Gaymers.

Apr 1, 2014

Skruffpunk wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

It's the pure bigotry they embrace that makes them have a negative view of gay people. Even if a lot of years pass by, there is going to be people who will bash another person who don't agree with their opinions and/or beliefs.

Are you calling the Bible a bigot?

There are passages in the Bible that call homosexuality an abomination, especially in the book of Leviticus. Chapters 18-20 in the book of Leviticus damns homosexuality, and calls homosexuality an abomination.

The Bible also says this: "Do to others as they would do to you", "Love your neighbor as yourself", and last but certainly not least ", "Don't judge, or else you'll be judged. Don't condemn, or else you'll be condemned."  You know who said that? Jesus said that. So just now you've been judgemental and have condemned something. That means you'll be judged and condemned by the man upstairs.  It's 2014. Times have changed. Deal with it.

The bible is not against gay people.  It IS agains the act of homosexual sex but it doesn't say you can't be gay.  

Let me word that another way.  The bible says its ok to be gay its just not ok to act on it sexually.  

You said do unto others, love your neighbor....take that advice when speaking to people who are of faiths like Islam and Christianity where the act of gay sex is consider a sin.   If you want them to treat you in this way you also have to give them the same respect of disagreeing without being disrespectful to their faiths.  If someone of faith does not extend you that curtosey that is their problem, don't drag yourself (and all people of a certain inclination) down to the ignorant person's level by acting just like them.

Message 63 of 63 (114 Views)
0 Likes