Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re: Why Is The Metallic Gold DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller So Rare Now?

Mar 26, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Doesn't make much sense not to Re-Stock them as many ppl really want them.

Do you not get the concept of LIMITED EDITION?

They're not selling these to meet demand, like any other product.

They were sold promotionally for a limited time, to give them value.

If they sold them just as regularly as the normal ones, then it'd be like "oh, well now everyone has one" and it loses part of its appeal.

The whole point is to reward those who were lucky enough to buy one when they were on sale.

Just look at the Pikachu 3DS XL that went on sale a few days ago. It went on sale at Target for $160 (which is actually $39 cheaper than retail of the normal 3DS XL), and now it's sold out EVERYWHERE (now people are selling on eBay for around $250)

And more likely than not, Nintendo won't restock them. Because then those that have it will feel less "special".

Besides, they don't need to bring a CONTROLLER back, because if someone really needs a new controller, they'll buy one, regardless of color.

Yeah I get that obviously i'm just saying it'd be kewl if they produced more of them. The concept of Limited Edition is kinda dumb tho if you think about it. All they're doing is cheating themselves out of more sales to make the ppl who bought the limited amounts produced feel special lol. But watever it seems to be working.

Message 11 of 16 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17479 posts

Mar 26, 2013

having special conatrollers are cool and all...but you dont look at them while you play, and if you arent playing with them, you're looking at something else.

Give me a solid $60 black DS3 anyday.

Message 12 of 16 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

having special conatrollers are cool and all...but you dont look at them while you play, and if you arent playing with them, you're looking at something else.

Give me a solid $60 black DS3 anyday.

I already have a Silver PS3 Controller so the idea of having a Gold PS3 Controller seems kinda kewl. Especially while in 2 player splitscreen. Only the winner gets to use the gold while the loser holds the silver lol.

Message 13 of 16 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17479 posts

Mar 26, 2013

haha, I could see that being kinda fun I suppose.

Message 14 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

I'd be willing to buy sumone's Gold PS3 Controller if anyone wants to sell theirs.

Message 15 of 16 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2484 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Ive had the black one, the blue one and now a red one. They all worked exactly the same lol.

Message 16 of 16 (66 Views)
0 Likes