Dec 31 2013
By: nice3792 First Son 3 posts

Why I haven't bought playstation 3 because there isn't a dark cloud game

6 replies 234 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

The reason I haven't bought a PS3 is because there isn't a dark cloud game for it if there was a dark cloud game or even a game close to what dark cloud is I would buy a PS3 even if it was 1000$ just to play another dark cloud game but sadly no one has a game like dark cloud wish they would make another one and I would go out and buy a PS3 just to play it you never know I might buy other games for PS3 if there was a dark cloud game.

By the way playstation has one thing xbox 360 doesn't and that is dark cloud for playstation 2 so hoping everyone in playstation community reads this and agrees that they should make anything dark cloud or and game like it 

and i do want a PS3 but i haven't found a game that i would buy just so i could buy a PS3 

Message 1 of 7 (234 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Why I haven't bought playstation 3 because there isn't a dark cloud game

Dec 31, 2012

you havent found any games good enough, because you don't have a PS3 to even try them out.

Ignorace is bliss.

You're missing out on a lot of great games, especially in the last 2 years and the coming years.

There is Dark Cloud 2 which was released in 2002, one year after the original games' 2001 launch.

DC1 sold just under 1million copies globally, and DC2 was around 500k. By no stretch of the imagination, and from a business standpoint, it was mediocre success coming from a slew of other great games that eclipsed it. For the developer, it was a home run. for a PS2 exclusive, not so much.

The game was developed by Level-5. If you want them to make a new one for PS3, contact them and see what they have to say about PS3 or PS4 development of a new Dark Cloud game

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 7 (224 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Dec 31, 2012
You wont buy a console bcause they don't have one game that hasn't been developed yet? Sure that makes sense.
Message 3 of 7 (196 Views)
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I'm still waiting on a Medeivel game, but you don't hear me complaining. Despite what the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic tell you, this is not an "all or nothing" proposition. You CAN enjoy more than one game on a console. It's not unheard of.

Message 4 of 7 (179 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Yeah and im the head of cabbage!!!!!

well i do get you to buy a system for a exclusive you wont find else were buutt you be better of not buying a PS3 really

Message 5 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Level-5, the development team, has actually moved onto other projects besides the Dark Clouds over the years. Where they've triumphed during the Dark Cloud development, they've brought fun and joy elsewhere too. Have you ever played Jeanne D'Arc, a 2007-published strategy-RPG developed by Level-5? How about White Knight Chronicles, a fantasy RPG from the same team in early 2010?

Coming very soon, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will introduce a Studio Ghibli-inspired universe into the video game medium. From Level-5, who's well versed in role-playing, and the anime minds who've brought us such sensations as Princess Mononoke... this game looks worth buying. It might not be Dark Cloud, but it doesn't have to be. If it's a quality RPG, and I'm willing to bet money that it will be one, then the game should be able to please your RPG appetite when it's released at January's end.

Message 6 of 7 (165 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 1, 2013

FreeInformation wrote:

Yeah and im the head of cabbage!!!!!

well i do get you to buy a system for a exclusive you wont find else were buutt you be better of not buying a PS3 really

No, thats called willfull ignorance if you refuse to get something ONLY because it doesn't have ONE THING that you like, and you don't have an open enough mind to try other games out.

The reason I ever became a PS fan is because my parents bought me a PS1 for christmas nearly 15 years ago. I wasn't worried about video games as much as I cared about other hobbies. But when I played my PS1 with the 3 games they bought to go with it, I was hooked.
Even the demo discs were planty of fun... the demo disc my PS1 came with was with Bushido Blade, FF7 and some videos of other games. 
When FF7 finally released, I thought I would only play RPG's for the rest of my life.... nope.... along the way I was graced with Armored Core, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Road Rash, Resident Evil... etc etc.... If I tied myself to just playing the FF series with buying the Anthology re-release I would only have FF13 to play on my PS3 and not Uncharted, Infamous, Assassins Creed etc etc...

People who only buy a game console FOR ONE GAME is just wasting money, and makes no sense. 

Thats like someone spending $1000+ on a gaming PC only to play Crysis and nothing else, maybe run Word as well.

Its plain stupid. Theres no rationale for it and goes against common sense.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes