Nov 14 2012
By: JMB626 Hekseville Citizen 303 posts

Why I don't like the Playstation Store

7 replies 299 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

As many others have mentioned, they do not like the New Playstation Store because it is more complicated to use. I myself have found it to be too much of a hassle to use now. here are a few things I have experienced that dissappoint me..

-The Organization of Content: The first moment i downloaded the new playstation store, i immediately had gone to the avatar section only to find that the organization of the avatars were granted no attention whatsoever. You are able to categorize by ESRB rating and Price, but how is this a proper filter for avatars? every avatar is $0.49 so it categorizes over 2000 avatars in the same grouping. On the previous store the avatars were categorized by the games they originated from.

-The Search Engine: The new search engine is rather slow in responsiveness, and I personally feel as if though the results of the search are useless in comparison to the last to say the least. The current search engine would find 2 or 3 games of the item you searching, on the previous store, when you searched an item, it would list everything found from the original content you intended to find to all similar titles, compatible dlc, related content first hand.

-The Download List: This may not be a problem to others but it is certainly a problem to me. I have approximately 1700 Downloads, on the previous list I could scroll through like 600 items in about a minute, on the current in store download list it takes about a minute to scroll through maybe 100. Luckily i found to previous PS store Download list under Account Management to use, to save myself time.

-Lack of Features (Least Important): the previous update had Reccommendation features that allowed your friends to help you find content on the PS Store. There is also the absense of  the Facebook features, as they aren't compatible with the new store, (This also does not matter; secretly i just enjoyed spamming facebook with my purchases)

Honestly I prefer the old store better than the new one, but I have no doubt that if organized, and updated properly the new store could possibly be just as good, but in its current condition its not ready to satisfy us

Message 1 of 8 (299 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Why I don't like the Playstation Store

Nov 14, 2012

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!  Smiley Mad

Whew, I feel better now.  Oh the Store.  Um, yeah, the new Store, it is AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, that keeps happening everytime I try to make comments about the new store on each thread that is created.  So, the New Store, AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Oh, forget it.  Smiley Sad

Moble

Message 2 of 8 (295 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Wow, I blew out the screen.

I don't know my own power! LOL Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 3 of 8 (284 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 14, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

You need to make a "Nobody cares how you feel about the store" thread that we can lionk to all these useless and redundant posts.

Message 4 of 8 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 14, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

You need to make a "Nobody cares how you feel about the store" thread that we can lionk to all these useless and redundant posts.

Nah, there are actually some legitimate criticisms about the new Store look.  There remains NO LEGITIMACY to those who just want to say they are going to XBox.

I only think the Store grippers should figure out how to consolidate and group their beefs.

Moble

Message 5 of 8 (266 Views)
MVP Support
40615 posts

Nov 14, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Nah, there are actually some legitimate criticisms about the new Store look.  There remains NO LEGITIMACY to those who just want to say they are going to XBox.

I only think the Store grippers should figure out how to consolidate and group their beefs.

Moble

If only huh!

P.S  What are grippers, do you mean gripers lol Smiley Tongue.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 8 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 15, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Moble

If only huh!

P.S  What are grippers, do you mean gripers lol Smiley Tongue.

Good catch. LOL Smiley LOL

That is why he is Poster of the Week, Ladies and Gentlemen! Smiley Tongue

Either that, or I was insinuating they have issues with keeping their hands to themselves.

Still, it is a lot better than being a bunch of gropers.  Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 7 of 8 (241 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Nov 16, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Moble

I agree, there should be a unified thread, I stated in another thread that I didn't like certain things as a response to something BRIT-KO said, but that was just in a response to him saying that the complaining was coming from those who only liked the status quo. I haven't really commented in any of the other threads b/c I know it will just be buried in 2 days.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 8 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes