First Son
12 posts

Re: Why Can't We Change Our PSN Names.

Aug 4, 2008
it's a tricky situation for sure... annoying even... but I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one in favor of having the names un-changeble...
Message 11 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Aug 4, 2008

iZerrickTheDon wrote:
I was just wondering why can't we change our psn names. We might have a better name to think of and we have no way of changing it. It just seems **bleep** to me. (No Offense To **bleep**s)

1) Just create another account. It isnt like you are charged for it. 

2) To avoid having to work again to get your online stats up, or re-purchase your downloaded content (which is not entirely necessary anyway) just choose a name that you like and stick with it. 

3) I have changed my PSN ID about 6 times, 5 times, repurchasing over $100 worth of PSN content each time, and I am not complaining. No sympathy here. 

Edit: I counted again and this is only my 5th username. I got bored of the other 4. 

Message Edited by Ninja_9tails on 08-04-2008 11:40 AM
Message 12 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Ninja_9tails wrote:

iZerrickTheDon wrote:
I was just wondering why can't we change our psn names. We might have a better name to think of and we have no way of changing it. It just seems **bleep** to me. (No Offense To **bleep**s)

2) To avoid having to work again to get your online stats up, or re-purchase your downloaded content (which is not entirely necessary anyway) just choose a name that you like and stick with it. 

3) I have changed my PSN ID about 6 times, 5 times, repurchasing over $100 worth of PSN content each time, and I am not complaining. No sympathy here. 

Edit: I counted again and this is only my 5th username. I got bored of the other 4. 

One quick question, why didn't you just keep the name you were using so you could keep the games and stuff?  It wouldn't have been hard to have just used another email address.

Message 13 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3233 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Because then we wouldn't know whos who. People would be changing their names 24/7 just to piss people off.

Message 14 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Makaveli8891 wrote:

Ninja_9tails wrote:

iZerrickTheDon wrote:

One quick question, why didn't you just keep the name you were using so you could keep the games and stuff?  It wouldn't have been hard to have just used another email address.

A touch of OCD. I absolutely hate the thought of having two accounts on my PS3, so I repurchase all the downloadable content. I am intent on keeping this name, simply because I am now tired of repurchasing all those games. 

Message 15 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Ninja_9tails wrote:

Makaveli8891 wrote:

Ninja_9tails wrote:

iZerrickTheDon wrote:

A touch of OCD. I absolutely hate the thought of having two accounts on my PS3, so I repurchase all the downloadable content. I am intent on keeping this name, simply because I am now tired of repurchasing all those games. 

ha... well Sony is glad to have you as a supporter.

Message 16 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2491 posts

Aug 4, 2008

iZerrickTheDon wrote:

awwwww, poor R2D2. You offended him in his own language

i like not being able to change names. It makes it much easier to keep track of friends when they aren't changing their names every other day.

Message 17 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Makaveli8891 wrote:

Ninja_9tails wrote:

Makaveli8891 wrote:

Ninja_9tails wrote:

iZerrickTheDon wrote:

ha... well Sony is glad to have you as a supporter.

Well I am glad to be a supporter.

Message 18 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 11, 2012

people keep saying " ugh, just make a new one, its free" but what about all our trophies. For most thats why we dont change it cuz of our trophies. I made my account when i was 14 when i made my account, now i've come to dislike it. They should just limit our changes to once a year. That way total mayhem doesnt occur.

Message 19 of 24 (119 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1472 posts

Jun 11, 2012

The way it works would be everyone would be assigned a unique identifier in their database ("Name" would not be the unique identifier).  If a friend changes his name they would tell you (otherwise how good a friend were they?).   It would be fairly easy for them to message all of the people on their PSN account with a batch messasge from the XMB or even update their comment. 

I play Xbox as well and they let you change your gamer tag for $10.  I have a friend that changed his and we're still friends, so it's not only possible, it's fairly easy to do. 

Message 20 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes