Sep 26 2011
By: xnervex1 Survivor 2624 posts

Why Can't I play online? [Please help]

7 replies 18 views Edited Sep 26, 2011

Netflix, websites, everything else works fine except for games online.

I was paired w/ friends on Uncharted online, and it never got us to a match. Once I left their group, they got connected right away, so I know there's no problem w/ PSN . I tried several times to connect on my own for over 30 minutes w/ no luck.

I'd HIGHLY appreciate any help to resolve my problem.

PS I use a wireless connection.

Message 1 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Re: Why Can't I play online? [Please help]

Sep 26, 2011

I'm curious, you say 'except for games online' but only mention Uncharted, is this happening only with Uncharted or all online games you try to play?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2624 posts

Sep 26, 2011

@ BRIT-KO Good question. I tested out Warhawk online & it works perfectly. Turns out that the only game I can't play online is Uncharted. I find that really bizarre.

I tried again today and still get the same results.

Message 3 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Sep 26, 2011

xnervex1 wrote:

@ BRIT-KO Good question. I tested out Warhawk online & it works perfectly. Turns out that the only game I can't play online is Uncharted. I find that really bizarre.

Hmmm, that is odd, very odd actually, I suppose its possible that Naughty Dog / Sony are having an issue with their servers, I'm not aware of any maintenance either, have you managed to rule those two options out of the equation, have you had a look at the Uncharted Forums / Blogs, & if you have accounts with them a look at their Facebook/Twitter pages to see if there are any issues today?

Sorry to keep coming back with questions, I just want to rule out the 'obvious' before anything else.

P.S. Have you tried the online since you first posted?

Message 4 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2624 posts

Sep 27, 2011

I checked Naughty Dog's website and didn't see any posts suggesting that it's a wide spread problem right now. While I was on ND's website, I asked the same question there to see if I get any answers (none yet). If I do I'll change the thread to answered.

Do you think that making it a wired connection will help or is it irrelevant? I'm considering buying this ethernet cable since my ripped when I moved several months back:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107421

Message 5 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Sep 27, 2011

xnervex1 wrote:

I checked Naughty Dog's website and didn't see any posts suggesting that it's a wide spread problem right now. While I was on ND's website, I asked the same question there to see if I get any answers (none yet). If I do I'll change the thread to answered.

Do you think that making it a wired connection will help or is it irrelevant? I'm considering buying this ethernet cable since my ripped when I moved several months back:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107421

Still a bit odd then huh!

I have a wireless connection & apart form the odd reboot of the router I have experienced no problems, having said that some will say wired is the way to go, you'll always get split opinions on that if you were to ask lol, but could going wired solve your issue, I doubt it personally because your wireless connection is actually working fine, its just that it appears only UC has the online play issue!

I have some errands to tun but if I get time later I'll throw Uncharted into my PS3 & see what thr online is like & report back to you ok.

Message 6 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2624 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Ok. You should really get a medal for being awesome Brit-ko. Friendliest person I've ever met online.

Message 7 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Sep 28, 2011

xnervex1 wrote:

Ok. You should really get a medal for being awesome Brit-ko. Friendliest person I've ever met online.

friendliest - oh come on whatthe hell you thinking im friendlier oh wait i guess with that intro im not. lmao

to be honest after 3 years of playing my ps3 wireless without a single issue. in the lat month i have had to go wired. for some reason games i always played online started giveing me issues. checked all my internet settings and nothing chnaged. hell black ops told me i was on a moderate nat type so couldnt host a zombie game. checked my settings and was reading nat 2 - with upnp enabled -what is moderate about that? well wired it up and now back to normal. so i would suggest that

Message 8 of 8 (18 Views)
0 Likes