Jan 22 2014
By: PRINCEPROPHECY First Son 4 posts

Why Can't I Find a PS4?

[ Edited ]
27 replies 538 views Edited Jan 22, 2014

I would love to get my ps4 but one little problem they are no where to be found......This is bull**** step your game up Sony

<<Community Manager edit: Updated title to be more descriptive to your feedback; thanks>>

Message 1 of 28 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1493 posts

Re: Why are ps4 not available in any stores but xbox one is in almost all stores?

Jan 22, 2014

PRINCEPROPHECY wrote:

I would love to get my ps4 but one little problem they are no where to be found......This is bull**** step your game up Sony

Really

Message 2 of 28 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Re: Why are ps4 not available in any stores but xbox one is in almost all stores?

Jan 22, 2014
Sony makes a product with very high demand. Millions of people have already purchased said product. You can't find one. Who needs to step their game up?
Message 3 of 28 (526 Views)
MVP Support
10901 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Simple answer:  PS4 sells out quickly.  XB1 does not.

If you want a PS4, you need to do the legwork to find one.  Find out what day a particular store gets their trucks in and how often there are PS4s among the merchandise being delivered.  Go to that store when it opens in the morning and check with the department that sells electronics to see if they have any PS4s in stock.

When a store recieves stock is not up to Sony.  It is up to that particular store's supply chain.

Message 4 of 28 (521 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 22, 2014
I will sell you mine. First playstation product I have bought since ps1 and I am very dissapointed
Message 5 of 28 (513 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Well the truth is, there are gamers out there that have swayed over to the ps4 because of "reasons" (cost/hardware/ps+....pick one)

But because they are now 2 months in, and still cant get one will get an xboxOne instead. They just want to play current gen games.

Sony is loosing sales to this....there is no way they cant be.

People who are indifferent
People who favor ps4 but like xboxOne as well
People who plan on getting both within the next 5 years that would have started on ps4

Cant be denied, Sony is giving sales to microsoft by not having enough stock.

Is it from lack of trying? probably not, but that doesnt change the outcome.
Message 6 of 28 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jan 22, 2014

People keep saying lack of stock, but all I ever hear about is that no matter how large the shipment, stores are out of PS4s by noon the day they put them on shelves. Instead of complaining about a lack of stock, you guys need to start being a little more proactive. Call around to the stores, check social media for updates on when stores will have stock, etc. 

Message 7 of 28 (497 Views)
Sackboy
542 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

People keep saying lack of stock, but all I ever hear about is that no matter how large the shipment, stores are out of PS4s by noon the day they put them on shelves. Instead of complaining about a lack of stock, you guys need to start being a little more proactive. Call around to the stores, check social media for updates on when stores will have stock, etc. 

I haven't exactly tried to buy one yet, but I work from 5 am to 3-5 pm Monday through Friday. What do you propose I do? "Hey boss, can't come to work today. Tuesday is the only day that Wal-mart's getting PS4's in, and I gotta go wait at the door for them to open so I can be first in line."

Message 8 of 28 (493 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 22, 2014

OK first Microsoft and Sony sales are basically close so for Sony not to be in stock that's on Sony part what else am I suppose to do stand outside at 1am until the trucks deliver more no thanks so as I said Sony needs to step their game up

Evan297 wrote:
Sony makes a product with very high demand. Millions of people have already purchased said product. You can't find one. Who needs to step their game up?

Message 9 of 28 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 22, 2014

PRINCEPROPHECY wrote:

I could be wrong as I am not an expert, but here would be my personal explanation:

1) I feel that Sony did a pretty good job attempting to meet demand as they were able to supply enough consoles to break the record for launch systems sold.

2) It may actually be difficult for Sony to have produced anymore early launch systems as they probably make little/no profit on the hardware itself (if it is like most system launches). It can be a huge gamble to produce millions of extra units that retail at $400 each if the forcasted demand is not 100% accurate.

3) I thought they did a pretty early pre-order system with huge retailers ahead of time (ex. GameStop, Walmart, Target, etc). But I could be wrong on that since I did not pre-order. I had to drive out of town to secure a PS4 on launch day.

4) I would guess that the consumer demand is far greater than what they expected. The console has had a pretty good launch and seems to receive praise from many gamers and companies in the industry. I would assume they are attempting to meet demand, but there are far too many consumers demanding the product at the current price.

To even have a chance at meeting demand and eliminating shortages, they would have to drive up prices of consoles, other hardware (controllers, cameras,etc), and potentially raise PS+ and game costs. This would lower demand, but keep revenue in the same ballpark.

You may just have to wait until supply catches demand, or attempt to pre-order/pre-pay at a participating retailer. I know that is not the most helpful answer, but it is probably reality.

~PS4~PS3~PSVita~

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 28 (490 Views)