Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Re: Who would want Bushido Blade for PS3?

Mar 24, 2009

I liked it a lot back in the day.  If a next-gen version is made, I'd hope they develop a precise and intuitive parry/counter/movement system, to better simulate a real-life sword duel.  But the concept of a 1-2 hit kill is very rare and pretty cool, if it's handled properly.

All roads lead to 623+FP
Message 11 of 29 (405 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Mar 24, 2009

"Wah wah wah! This game is teh sux cuz u die in 1 hitz!"

Bushido Blade 2 does have a parry system when you're not randomly swinging your weapon around like an idiot, and it wasn't always 1 hit deaths. Sometimes your arm would get broken, which would prevent you from using one of your stances.

This game was a blast to play with a friend. It would be awesome if they revived the series somehow.  If you ever saw the intro to Bushido Blade 2, you can see the characters fighting multiple ninjas at once. I'm sure that's what they were going for, but the PS1 probably couldn't handle more than 2 characters on the screen at once.

Message 12 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Mar 24, 2009

the only way I could see it working is as a full scale blu-ray version.

go big or go home

Message 13 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

Mar 26, 2009
Bushido Blade was awesome, bring it back!!!!!!! too bad they don't have the previous versions available on the PS store
johnvardon
Message 14 of 29 (405 Views)
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Mar 28, 2009

PilgrimPud wrote:

Have you played that game recently? It's terrible. Take away the blood and you're nostalgia goggles and the game wasn't any good. :/

Do you really wanna run around one hit killing random ninjas? I'm sorry I've already played that game a few times.

i see you must have died alot.u never attempted the 100 killing spree. i love BB!!!the first one was out cold.the 2nd was as good but i loved it too.if lightweight miraculously got back together,re draw it for the ps3,mmmm nice.
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 15 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Mar 28, 2009

PilgrimPud wrote:

Have you played that game recently? It's terrible. Take away the blood and you're nostalgia goggles and the game wasn't any good. :/

Do you really wanna run around one hit killing random ninjas? I'm sorry I've already played that game a few times.

i also am willing to bet your not a big headshot fan either?
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 16 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 28, 2009

I kept dieing around #73.

Second point, I don't play shootan gaems. I don't have the twitch reflexes needed to play one these days. The last on I played was Quake2. So I've never played on with headshots. Haha

I just don't get the love for remakes, the continuation of series for continuation's sake or a taking a long dead series and trying to reboot it. It reeks of no creativity. 

http://thebadloserswallofshame.blogspot.com/
Message 17 of 29 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Mar 29, 2009

PilgrimPud wrote:

I kept dieing around #73.

Second point, I don't play shootan gaems. I don't have the twitch reflexes needed to play one these days. The last on I played was Quake2. So I've never played on with headshots. Haha

I just don't get the love for remakes, the continuation of series for continuation's sake or a taking a long dead series and trying to reboot it. It reeks of no creativity. 

i see that point,but again taking BB's concept and adapting it,would be great.im not asking for remake,i want another game.There's not much to creativity nowadays anyway.Most(not all) are all remakes basically.I mean some devs are truly trying(thank God),but i dont see nothing wrong with putting some "new headers,engine, and transmission" in an already built idea!!
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 18 of 29 (405 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I love the idea of bringing back bushido blade. The realism added by the aspect of potential of one hit kills is a plus in my opinon. Real sword contests were almost always determined by a single stroke.  Obviously there would have to be a very well done parry/blocking/dodging system added. Possibly the option of unlocking or upgrading armor and shields could be used to cater to players of a defensive mindset.  Don't get me wrong, games like mortal kombat where players can be impaled, lit on fire, and upercutted through multiple walls of concrete and still win the match are fun in thier own way, players should have the optinion for a title with a greater level of realism. Either way.. the story and realistim of Bushido Blade is something that i crave from a modern fighting game.

Message 19 of 29 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Bushido Blade 2 was one of the first PSOne titles I played. Ended up buying it when I got my own PSOne. In a weird twist, when I moved down here to FL, at our first house, we had some people working on it (tiling if I remember) and one of the guys found some games in one of the other houses he had worked on that the people had moved out of and brought them over for me and a copy of Bushido Blade 1 was one of the games.

I would love to see a new installment with some new features but last I recall looking into the studio/relationship, something went south between them and Square =\:smileysad:

Message 20 of 29 (364 Views)
0 Likes