Oct 08 2011
By: mrk1976 Splicer 74 posts

Who wants to see the Batman Arkham games on Vita?

11 replies 2787 views Edited Oct 8, 2011

I would absolutely love to see both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City on the Vita. Since the Vita supports Unreal Engine 3, I imagine the game would run okay on it, and Sony has been touting the Vita as an easy platform to port/develop for. Maybe Sony could convince Rocksteady/WBIE to bring these incredible games to the Vita.

If you would like to see these games on Vita, say so here! Hopefully, the appropriate parties will take notice.

Message 2 of 12 (2,787 Views)
MVP Support
13654 posts

Re: Who wants to see the Batman Arkham games on Vita?

Oct 8, 2011

This will most likely happen, but you probably won't see a direct port: You'd probably see a Vita-specific Batman game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 12 (2,787 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Oct 8, 2011

I guess that would be cool to see (as long as it's Rocksteady developing). Still, if they could somehow get the games on Vita, it would be incredible.

Message 3 of 12 (2,788 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Well there's always remote play. You could just play them that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (2,788 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Who wants to see the Batman Arkham games on Vita?

Me.

While the PS Vita does have the Unreal Engine 3 and, the SCE IPA (international product assessment) portable game guidelines have improved, it is still up to the IP owner (be it the developer, publisher or, independent software vendor) to choose to create and publish that title.

There could certainly stand to be more "out spoken" communities surrounding PS Vita titles. Personally, I do not mind seeing topics about certain games people wish to see on PS Vita (although, the website owners/moderators might disagree). I do not mind this going on right now certainly; because it shows interest in the games people would want to see on the Vita and then they hopefully have a good discussion or argument. (Later on, it might get annoying but, I think it is good right now.)

There should be more people who are articulate towards the type of games they wish to see on the PS Vita but, that audience will likely increase once the device releases (and is in the presense of a large enough consumer base) anyway. If there peronality and time fits that kind of thing, it is logical for them to want to get the most out of something they bought by making these kinds of topics.

So, yes. Batman Arkham City and Batman Arkham Asylum are quality titles and it would be good to see the same quality games made specially for the PS Vita. I support this topic!

Message 5 of 12 (2,788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Ok. Shut up and take my money. It my dream comming truth.
Message 6 of 12 (2,534 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Wow! that would be awesome, however can the Vita handle it?

Message 7 of 12 (2,520 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I sure as heck won't mind even if it looked like PS1 graphics as long as every game mechanic is the same level that of the bigger consoles. xD

Message 8 of 12 (2,502 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Dec 21, 2012

This is obviously going to happen sooner or later. I and some of my friends have already been tweeting on Twitter about the need for Rocksteady and PlayStation to do a Batman Arkham PS Vita game.

We already know that the PS Vita is capable of handling a game like Batman Arkham City. The PS Vita's graphics are on the same level of those of the PS3 as the PS Vita is in reality a handheld PS3. Games like Assassin's Creed Liberation and Uncharted Golden Abyss have already shown us what the PS Vita is capable of and it's amazing.

Message 9 of 12 (2,453 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 25, 2012
I would love to see the arkham games come out on vita because it would make the vita more like a PORTABLE playstation, I would be quite disappointed if sony or readysteady didn't make it for the vita because one I will have to sit in our cold conservatory to play it instead of using the vita's PORTABILITY to play one of my favourite games in my well heated bedroom. and secondly I wouldent be able to play it when we go camping (because we go camping a lot) so I would be the happiest boy alive to be able to buy or download the arkham games to my vita. so sony could you please take this into context and try and make this possible. thanks.
Message 10 of 12 (2,325 Views)
0 Likes