Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2014
By: JohnKarnes Gaming Beast 2146 posts

Who is picking up Spiderman 2?

[ Edited ]
25 replies 273 views Edited Apr 25, 2014

150030b.jpg

Ok Spiderman 2 will hit 4/29/2014, I have been thinking of sliping in a preorder for this at gamestop and get the outfits bonus with perorder. I have not seen much on this game. How do you feel about Spiderman 2?

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Member: Geezers In Arms
Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Who is picking up Spiderman 2?

Apr 25, 2014

Not sure how I feel about it. I'd love to get it, but it still feels like a poor man's Arkham. Plus the combat still looks unpolished and overall really meh.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 25, 2014

i feel it's a game to promote the movie and not worth you time and money, i'm gonna ignore it, you should too.

if you have money laying around and don't know what to do with it donate it to a charity or something.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

Junguler wrote:

i feel it's a game to promote the movie and not worth you time and money, i'm gonna ignore it, you should too.

if you have money laying around and don't know what to do with it donate it to a charity or something.

You're literally everything that's wrong with the modern gaming commnunity.

You're cancer, kill yourself, etc etc, come back when you don't have the mindset of a five year old.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Apr 25, 2014
amazing Spiderman 1 on ps3 was awesome, was only missing the random crimes after you completed the story.

thankfully amazing spiderman 2 has remedied that.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11414 posts

Apr 25, 2014

I'm tempted to get either this or the new Yu Gi Oh game this Tuesday. I've seen interesting stuff from this game, which claims to be more "spiderman" than the last game.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

Apr 25, 2014

Junguler wrote:

That's a Little over the top strong. It's how you feel and I understand that. But do you know something about the game that makes it bad? That would be a more helpful reason to buy or not to buy. But a movie money grab is a valid point and has happened many times before. I like to go by real facts thats what im looking for.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8123 posts

Apr 25, 2014

I feel video games based on movies about the same way literarians feel about movies based on books.

The former generally doesn't do the latter much justice.  Like most games based on movies, superhero or not, I'll pass.  At least for the release window.  I may pick it up later on down the road when it gets a price drop or two.

There is one thing Rocksteady did with their Batman Arkham series that most makers of superhero games don't do...  they stayed pretty true to the Batman (and related) comics, rather than basing the game on any particular Batman movie.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (195 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 25, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

Junguler wrote:

That's a Little over the top strong. It's how you feel and I understand that. But do you know something about the game that makes it bad? That would be a more helpful reason to buy or not to buy. But a movie money grab is a valid point and has happened many times before. I like to go by real facts thats what im looking for.

well i watched a 10 minute gameplay video of this game and it felt cheap and boring and i didn't think to myself i should be getting this game day1, it's a not a bad game by any means but it doesn't deserve day1 purchase (for me atleast),  last year 2 games deserved day1 for me and they were the last of us and gta v, other games i waited for sales. i only pay for quality games with high replay value, i don't find any of those 2 in this game and the price is not helping, if it were 20 bucks i would have bought it and finished it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

Apr 25, 2014

Junguler wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

Junguler wrote:

well i watched a 10 minute gameplay video of this game and it felt cheap and boring and i didn't think to myself i should be getting this game day1, it's a not a bad game by any means but it doesn't deserve day1 purchase (for me atleast),  last year 2 games deserved day1 for me and they were the last of us and gta v, other games i waited for sales. i only pay for quality games with high replay value, i don't find any of those 2 in this game and the price is not helping, if it were 20 bucks i would have bought it and finished it.

WOW!! that's 110% better Thank you! I to feel sometime many games are a much better value at a lower price point. I still dont know and am going to look for more reviews but waiting on a $49-$39-or less is a option. I pre ordered Tomb Raider DE  the day before release. This one might go down to the wire also before i decide.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (155 Views)