Apr 08 2013
By: Ghostwize Fender Bender 3278 posts

Who here has been playing Defiance? Show starts next Monday!

8 replies 175 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

Not sure if anyone cares about the show but it actually seems pretty awesome. A wealth of sci fi veterans at the helm. The game is pretty amazing as far as a console MMO goes. Tons ahead of DCUniverse that's for sure. Maybe it's just because I like shooting things alot. Story is pretty great so far as well. Graphics could be better but I really like it. Anyone else been going at it? 

The game has locked my ps3 up twice so far though so that is definately not good lol.

Message 1 of 9 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Re: Who here has been playing Defiance? Show starts next Monday!

Apr 8, 2013
It's lame. You can barely customize chars. You can only customiZe their face not outfits. It's as repetitive with quests as WoW. In my opinion, it was a waste of time and drive space. Almost all console mmos suck huge ones. Nobody role plays on there which is the point of those games. Dcuo was garbage too for the same reasons. Just a bunch of people shouting and flooding item sales nobody can afford. Consoles are horrible for mmos. Nobody has any real idea how to play them
Message 2 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I played it for maybe 3 hours before I almost nodded off from boredom
Message 3 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3278 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Ah that's kind of sad lol.

You can cutomize the look of your character via outfits and headgear you unlock as you progress in the game. The weapon modding system is pretty intricate and the Arkfalls are pretty epic affairs. Story is a good scifi romp as well. I think the TV show actually looks amazing. Creative minds from Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, and others. IDK game is pretty fun. Not your typical MMO fair with all the gunplay and vehicular homicide occuring. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9 (143 Views)
MVP Support
9174 posts

Apr 9, 2013
The beta was pretty bad, very buggy and nearly unplayable. Not sure how the final game is right now.
Message 5 of 9 (130 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Bought the game to see if maybe I was wrong its the same as the beta exactly from beginning to end
Message 6 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Apr 19, 2013
But I will agree the show is epic
Message 7 of 9 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I played for a bit on my friend's 360 and it seemed fun. He showed me the patch notes and it was MASSIVE. I've never seen anything like it. As for the show I won't be watching it and probably won't buy the game at least for the meantime.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 8 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4572 posts

Apr 19, 2013

It's nowhere near the best game out there, but for what it is I'm enjoying it. For the most part I've been sticking with Arkfalls and Episode Quests that tie the show and game together.

I'm going to stick with it for a while and give it a shot.

Message 9 of 9 (72 Views)
0 Likes