Reply
First Son
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

Oct 26, 2012

yeah I agree - the online suxx!  If you find a match that's local then it's not too bad but still laggy as anything.  I'm in canada and if I vs. anyone in the US it's pretty much unplayable the lag is that bad - so hard to pull off even basic moves.  I'm only on wifi but I imagine the 3g would be even worse.

 

It's a shame though because apart from that the game is great.  I still highly recommend buying it, the single player modes in it are great and although UMVC3 is still a better game I prefer SFxTK just because I'm a massive street fighter fan and the characters are better.

 

Knowing the track record for capcom and these types of games I can't imagine it'll be long before they release a fix for the network play problem.

 

 

Message 21 of 27 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/12/2012
Offline
1041 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

Oct 26, 2012

BOOMshakalak-- wrote:

yeah I agree - the online suxx!  If you find a match that's local then it's not too bad but still laggy as anything.  I'm in canada and if I vs. anyone in the US it's pretty much unplayable the lag is that bad - so hard to pull off even basic moves.  I'm only on wifi but I imagine the 3g would be even worse.

 

It's a shame though because apart from that the game is great.  I still highly recommend buying it, the single player modes in it are great and although UMVC3 is still a better game I prefer SFxTK just because I'm a massive street fighter fan and the characters are better.

 

Knowing the track record for capcom and these types of games I can't imagine it'll be long before they release a fix for the network play problem.

 

 


Dang that sucks, I figured it would be crap on 3G anyway but on WiFi that ain't good. I am sure they will fix it soon, gives me more reason to hold out on spending money I suppose.

 

Cause I was actually thinking about buying it today.

 


Message 22 of 27 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

Oct 26, 2012

yeah if you're after it for multiplayer only I'd hold off until a patch comes out... save your pennies for the slew of other games coming out!

 

like I said though, the single player is great and I do prefer it over MK & UMVC3 so if you'd play it solo it's definitely worth it.  I also think it's the best one yet for control system on the vita. They've implemented the touch screen with the buttons and it (surprisingly) works really well!

Message 23 of 27 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/12/2012
Offline
1041 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

BOOMshakalak-- wrote:

yeah if you're after it for multiplayer only I'd hold off until a patch comes out... save your pennies for the slew of other games coming out!

 

like I said though, the single player is great and I do prefer it over MK & UMVC3 so if you'd play it solo it's definitely worth it.  I also think it's the best one yet for control system on the vita. They've implemented the touch screen with the buttons and it (surprisingly) works really well!


Ah yea I'll hold out then pretty much what I am doing is saving my money for all the games that have good multiplayer online coming out soon. Cause yea I pretty much like be online with people the most.

 

I get bored of AI in fighting games mostly.. not to say it isn't fun just saying I get bored easily of it.

 


Message 24 of 27 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/01/2012
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

Oct 27, 2012
Get mortal kombat instead. Really hard, but im 250 hours in and im not finished yet!
Message 25 of 27 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/11/2012
Offline
252 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

Oct 27, 2012
Im crappy at mk my bro had t on ps3
Message 26 of 27 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/30/2011
Offline
215 posts
 

Re: Who has bought street fighter vs tekken

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:


Ah yea I'll hold out then pretty much what I am doing is saving my money for all the games that have good multiplayer online coming out soon. Cause yea I pretty much like be online with people the most.

 

I get bored of AI in fighting games mostly.. not to say it isn't fun just saying I get bored easily of it.


Dude... online/multiplayer is okay. You just have to look at your opponent's connection in the "ready" screen before you accept their challenge. No bars, decline. Easy as that. But you will need to play single mode and practice mode because what a lot of people who don't usually play fighters fail to realize is unlike other games like shooters or sports or rpgs, YOU NEED TO PRACTICE TO BE GOOD AT FIGHTERS. Fighting games are like martial arts: you have to learn and practice. You can't just jump in and NOT expect to be put on your a$$.  If you don't practice, you'll just be an angry scrub who can't win a match (becausse everybody else was practicing combos, mind games, and juggles into supers, while all you know how to do is mash buttons when you get close to the other guy in the hopes of somehow winning), and you'll proclaim this game sucks, or the other players somehow cheat. As for the people complaining about the online connections, they obviously don't know you can DECLINE matches against people with bad connections. They fight the players with bad connections and think that's how the game's online speed is by default. This game is good.

 

Message 27 of 27 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes