Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2012
By: Andy10003 PlayStation MVP 379 posts

Who else wants the Monthly Post to return?

10 replies 219 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Seriously, it gets annoying always being led to think that we'll get something super great the next week only to be disapointed :\ Plus this way we don't buy games that turn out to be free later in that month.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (219 Views)
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Re: Who else wants the Monthly Post to return?

Nov 29, 2012

Thats one reason we dont have monthly posts, they dont want people to compare the awesome stuff europe gets and the poop north america gets.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 29, 2012

d_razaq wrote:

Thats one reason we dont have monthly posts, they dont want people to compare the awesome stuff europe gets and the poop north america gets.

That is not the reason Morgan gave. First he said that customer feedback actually requested weekly posts, believe it or not. Also a weekly post would prevent any last minute changes that might happen if they were to do only monthly updates.

From what I understand, they are working towards doing both weekly and monthly updates (probably with disclaimers)... 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Nov 29, 2012

lol im kidding, but it is a fair estimate to why they might do that considering the quality difference in the content the two continenents recieve.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 29, 2012

They did a poll with an option for weekly update, monthly update or have both weekly and a monthly one at the same time, and both won by over 50%. But he said that doesn’t mean they will change the way they do things, which is just stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
379 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Hopefully they return it. Europe has it, why can't we? :\
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Dec 2, 2012

It doesn't make any difference to me.  I can't access the content until it's week of release, anyway.

A weekly release results in more complaints (regarding EU vs NA) than a monthly release because people will complain as soon as new content is released.  If that were to be monthly, there would be a few days at the beginning of the month for the mass complaints, and then much fewer complaints whent the content is released each week.  Weekly releases result in mass complaints every week that content is revealed.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5046 posts

Dec 2, 2012

they dont tell morgan a month in advance :smileytongue: so how could he tell us?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

they dont tell morgan a month in advance :smileytongue: so how could he tell us?

I think he does know (for the most part) what is coming a month in advance. IMO now that current version of PS+ is getting more content that before, there is the possiblity of something falling through, so it is safer to announce it just days in advance...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 2, 2012

I doubt sony gives Morgan a lot of information, just look at what happend with RE 5.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (75 Views)
0 Likes