Jan 27 2013
By: Boris2247 First Son 7 posts

Which one of these games would you choose?

16 replies 165 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

This month i need to tighten my finances, so I was going to buy one of these available games. I need something to keep me entertained for a month, with fun trophies and good challenge. So, here is the list:

Resident Evil 6

God of War 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Dead Island

Skyrim

Message 1 of 17 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Which one of these games would you choose?

Jan 27, 2013

Boris2247 wrote:

This month i need to tighten my finances, so I was going to buy one of these available games. I need something to keep me entertained for a month, with fun trophies and good challenge. So, here is the list:

Resident Evil 6

God of War 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Dead Island

Skyrim

Dead Island or GOW III

Personal prefereences.

Moble

Message 2 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Jan 27, 2013

While I would say the very best of your selections are also the shortest in length, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a game that will most likely take a month or more out of your time to complete. It's with challenge and longness that the game will keep going on and on. Though, if you don't mind being done with a game in a faster heartbeat, then either God of War III or Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots should be the discs you'll want to spin at least once or twice.

Message 3 of 17 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Jan 27, 2013

God of War 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Message 4 of 17 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Skyrim and then Dead Island if you want bang for your buck. God of War 3 was alright, RE6 I have not played but it probably isn't very long and MGS4 depending on your playstyle could be 25-30 hours on your first playthrough. I think my first run (of many) was just under 29 hours, but I'm a pure stealth guy who plays like his life depends on it so I'm quite calculated and slow.

MGS4 or Skyrim.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 5 of 17 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jan 27, 2013

RE6 is the longest RE game ever created.

It clocks in over 10 hours. It has 4 campaigns which all tie in together, and it's vastly superior to the other titles listed IMO. Then again I absolutely deteste Dead Island and God of War, don't like Skyrim either.

That said I'm not going to make out like RE6 is awesome, it's not, it's lacking a soul if that makes any sense. The gameplay is fine, yet something just feels so wrong about it.

MGS4 has a major issue. It used to have a selling point known as multiplayer once you had finished the game, but they disabled the servers and thus severely damaged the lifespan of the game. Nothing to do with Sony, this is Konami's doing. Sheer stupidity. Luckily MGS4 wasn't great anyway. It's just hours of cutscenes and very little gameplay.

RE6 is the best one on that list and RE6 isn't even good. Just wait for Tomb Raider, GTA5, The Last of Us (Maybe), Beyond, Watch Dogs, Remember Me and loads of other stuff coming this year... Theres too much coming this year which will be high quality compared to anything on that list.

Message 6 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Dead Island or Skyrim more so skyrim it will last you quite some time.  RE6 was mediocre compared to 5 God of war 3 was a great game but far shorter then Skyrim or Dead Island IMO.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 7 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I'd say dead island.  Skyrim felt kind of "meh" to me.  I know I'm in the minority here but I wasn't all that impressed with it.  never played RE6 but ammased close to 80 hours on the PC version of RE5, almost finished professional mode, loved it.  If its anything like RE5, you need to play it.

doc shady signature
Message 8 of 17 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Sadly it's Nothing like RE5....and i mean NOTHING....i also loved RE5 really did.  RE6 feels like they tried to Mesh Call of duty with RE with cheesy action button sequences and such...it's not even the same game Smiley Sad

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 9 of 17 (122 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28984 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

RE6 is the longest RE game ever created.

It clocks in over 10 hours. It has 4 campaigns which all tie in together, and it's vastly superior to the other titles listed IMO. Then again I absolutely deteste Dead Island and God of War, don't like Skyrim either.

That said I'm not going to make out like RE6 is awesome, it's not, it's lacking a soul if that makes any sense. The gameplay is fine, yet something just feels so wrong about it.

MGS4 has a major issue. It used to have a selling point known as multiplayer once you had finished the game, but they disabled the servers and thus severely damaged the lifespan of the game. Nothing to do with Sony, this is Konami's doing. Sheer stupidity. Luckily MGS4 wasn't great anyway. It's just hours of cutscenes and very little gameplay.

RE6 is the best one on that list and RE6 isn't even good. Just wait for Tomb Raider, GTA5, The Last of Us (Maybe), Beyond, Watch Dogs, Remember Me and loads of other stuff coming this year... Theres too much coming this year which will be high quality compared to anything on that list.

An "issue" is not merely something you dislike. Furthermore, anyone who buys Metal Gear Solid 4 is not buying it solely for the multiplayer, and has an attention span long enough to appreciate the story. Furthermore, length is not an indicator of "quality", despite what McDonaldization leads one to believe. If it were, then at 12,000 pages the United States Tax Code would be the greatest literary work every written.

God of War III, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Dead Island are all older games, and should run you about $20 each .

Message 10 of 17 (113 Views)
0 Likes