Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 24 2012
By: HaZe_DoG First Son 2 posts

Which headsets should I go for?

7 replies 8 views Edited Jan 24, 2012

Hello! I would like tu buy some headsets in the range of 60-110$ but I really don't have any idea of which one. I can order via online, so fell free to suggest me headsets that aren't selling in stores like BestBuy. I thought of the PX21 but my friends told me that those are really low quality (they break easily). Also I don't want any wireless headsets, so forget about the Sony official headsets. The headsets have to work with a PC too. I think it would be even better if I say I want a Gaming PC headsets that works with the PS3. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4514 posts

Re: Which headsets should I go for?

Jan 24, 2012

Just curious, why don't you want a wireless headset?  Sony's stereo headset works with the PC.  It's the only one in that price range I've used, and I would recommend it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2012

PS3 headsets are all wireless and bluetooth. If it has to work with the PC as well, you're just about out of luck. I have the Sony PS3 headset, bluetooth and works with my iPhone - not for surround sound hearing but for chatting. Because the PS3 is all wireless and bluetooth setup there isn't much to choose from at all from your point. Sorry.

"Beckham.. Into Sheringham.. AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!! Manchester United have reached the promised land!" - Clive Tyldesley, 1999
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Dude Get the p11 headset. They work both for ps3 and pc. I have this headset with the dolby surrond processor.http://www.amazon.com/Force-Amplified-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-Pc/dp/B002I0J5CO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 25, 2012

The headsets dont have to be from Sony. And there are plenty of headsets that work with the PC and the ps3 no? The p11 sounds good, but my budget can afford a better pair of headsets I think. Thanks for your replies. I'm still confused however about which headsets should I buy

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Jan 25, 2012

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gaming+headset

Amazon is a good site..you don't have to buy it from there, but I like to check out what they have and read the reviews.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Diggy Dogg any wireless will give you in NO way the experience a cabled headset will. The PS3 exclusive headset is a rip off and coming from and gamer who has used a headset for quite some time now, for 60-110 dollaz the Earforce PX21's are your best bet. In no way whatsoever are they low quality and mine have gotten there share of abuse and haven't missed a beat.  I had the exact same spending range as you and these were by far the best deal. I say your friends are wrong ( sorry ) and go buy the PX21's.

I gots me uh sandwhich
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Everybody is going to have their preference. Me personally, while I guess wired headsets might have a little better audio, it's just not worth the hassle of having a cable stringing across my living room.

I'll tell you what I have and recommend and why. I have a Plantronics 925. Forget gaming for a sec, and if you research, Plantronics is as close to the gold standard for wired/wireless headsets as there is. They design many of the business class headsets etc, etc. Of course they have a line up from cheap to expensive, but even the cheaper models, in my experience are very high quality headsets. I bought this one I think two years ago.

Things I like about the 925 is that it is so small, it just plugs in your ear and doesn't fall out like other headsets I've used. It is so light, it doesn't need the over the ear hook either. It fits so well, I forget it's in my ear as I walk around. I use it with my cell phone and for gaming. It also has a battery charger/holder...very nice. It gets three full charges off the holder, and since the holder is rechargeable, all you do is plug it in every few days. It has a DSP built in, so the audio is very good. When I look at headsets, having a DSP is minimum required. I'll take a wireless with DSP any day over wired without DSP (unless it's a simple headphone jack).

The only two negatives with this headset is that the charge doesn't last as long as bulkier models. I easily get several hours out of it on a full charge, and this is still at two years old, so rarely does it run out on me while I'm using it. But sometimes it does. The other negative is that moving it from phone to PS3 requires me to manually re-connect it. Oh also, the fact that it is so small and light and easy to forget is in your ear has a negative side to it as well. It's easy to lose. However, this only happened to me once, and not because it "just falls out". It actually won't fall out. I was shooting a shotgun and the recoil knocked it out. But I didn't notice until later that day that it was missing. I did find it the next day by triangulating where it paired up with my phone.

Plantronics has a bulky over the ear model that people rave about, but I've never personally used it. I like my 925.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes