Highlighted
Oct 19 2012
By: TriforceZombieXx First Son 1 posts

Which PS3 System to buy?

7 replies 165 views Edited Oct 19, 2012

Hi my first time on these forums and I need some help because I can't decide which PS3 system I should buy.  My Old PS3 80GB Fat system recently got the YLOD.  I opened it up and applied some new thermal compound put it all back together and Walla it started right up.  However the blu ray drive doesn't work.  I've taken it apart about 5 times just to make sure everything is hooked up right and it is.  So all I can really do with it at this point is stream media.  It also wont load games I have downloaded from the PS store it just freezes.  So I'm in the market for a new PS3 and the New Super Slim 500GB Assassins Creed Bundle sounds appealing to me but I keep reading all these reviews saying how cheaply made it is.  So what I'm asking is do you guys think I should spend my money on the new super slim bundle or should I save about 30 bucks and just get a slim.  I don't really care what it looks like I'm just looking for reliability.  Opinions?

Message 1 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Which PS3 System to buy?

Oct 19, 2012

TriforceZombieXx wrote:

So I'm in the market for a new PS3 and the New Super Slim 500GB Assassins Creed Bundle sounds appealing to me but I keep reading all these reviews saying how cheaply made it is. 

Its not "cheaply made" in the sense that it is of a poor quality. It made using less expensive parts. Theres a difference that would behoove you to learn.

So what I'm asking is do you guys think I should spend my money on the new super slim bundle or should I save about 30 bucks and just get a slim.  I don't really care what it looks like I'm just looking for reliability.  Opinions?

Just wait until November for Black Friday and see what deals come up and make your decision based on the price. I am. I'm going to buy the Super Slim but wanting to see if any good deals happen for Black Friday to maximize my value. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I chose the Assassins Creed bundle because it is the best value for a new system. Payed it off last night as a matter of fact.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 19, 2012

TUNNELRAT-1972 wrote:
I chose the Assassins Creed bundle because it is the best value for a new system. Payed it off last night as a matter of fact.

I would have to agree.  Anytime you can get a game "free" with a system, you are already ahead of the game.

Moble

Message 4 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 19, 2012
I had considered the Uncharted 3 goty bundle but the 250 extra Gb swayed me plus I already beat Uncharted 3. So it was an easy decision for $30 more bucks. The only reservation I had about the new slim was a sliding tray and overheating issues but if problems develope there remains to be seen.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I belive untill SONY puts out a better bundle, ( TLike the ones XBOX do)  THEY WILL NOT DO VERY WELL AT ALL. Xbox puts out cool bundles by customizing the system and the controller ( Halo, Gear of war , Star Wars EXT) they look very cool and i have a ps3 slim 120 GB.  If Playstaion made a bundle with say The Last Of Us that customized it like the way Halo's system is i would so upgrade my ps3 with that bundle.   As of right now untill Playstaion makes a bundle that's cool i will not upgrade my system, I feel no desire to.  I Must say they dropped the ball on AC3, that System would've been very cool customized.

Message 6 of 8 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012
Message 7 of 8 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Bought the AC3 bundle the day it came out and couldn't be happier! Don't let people scare you. The system is smaller but is still a well put together console. It's quiet and runs cool. Getting AC3 on top of 500gb is a way better value than a slim with nothing.

PS4 launch 500gb
60gb b/c upgraded to 500gb
Pulse Elite headset
500gb AC3 super slim
Vita wifi and PS plus member
PS+ member
Message 8 of 8 (57 Views)
0 Likes