Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Where's my free three months?

Jul 3, 2010

RGPS wrote:

People seem to think that this statement is a promise of three months absolutely free with no strings attached.  But that's not what was said.  The quote you provided was "For a limited time we will be offering a free three months."  Why would they use the phrase "offer" it if it was absolutely free?  

When you let consumers fill in the blanks it's usually never beneficial to the company, which is exactly what happened here.

Message 11 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 3, 2010

And even if they did give all of us 3 free months for nothing. What have you gained?

1. Discounts are very limited right now.

2. Wow, you get a few free avatars! (That they could give away any time)

3. Any free games they gave you, you would lose at the end of the three months unless you start paying for the service.

4.DLC at a discount, only a good deal if you have the game. Basically like a sale.

So, what would you really gain from 3 free months for nothing. NOTHING OR ATLEAST, VERY LITTLE! So what is the big deal?

And as far as any comments about the "other system" giving you a free month of gold. So what! That only covers playing most online games. They don't go giving you free games and such. You already get free online play with the PS3. It really does not make sense to compair their free month when trying to get free 3 months from Sony.

Of course this is just my opinion.

I know the voices are not real but they do have some good ideas!

42" Philips 1080p 120mhz LCD HDTV
Denon AVR-1508, Polk Audio speakers, Polk audio powered sub, Sony Pro-line powered sub
PS3,Vita, Xbox 360's (2) (Gears of War and Final Fantasy XIII Xbox)
Message 12 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 3, 2010

BBurgSteve wrote:

Bingo. 

And with PSN+ you get 3 free months with the purchase of 12.  Jack may have misspoke at one point in the press conference, but I remember clearly hearing him state a little later that anyone that purchases the one year subscription would receive 3 months free.

Taken out of context, you can make anything out of anything anyone says.  The FULL context of the press conference was that you buy 12 months, you get 3 free.  I was never confused by this fact.

Where does he say you get the 3 months free with 12 month purchase? I just watched it again and continued until he started talking about Medal of Honor, then EA...so where did you hear this at? If you google E3 articles, a lot of bloggers were under the same impression, too, of getting three months for free, since it was stated as so.

And I know that you get a month of Gold when you purchase certain titles for the Xbox. But, I also know that when you buy a new system, it comes with a month of Gold to get you started, since it's a "new" service to you. So, I definitely figured it was smart of Sony to offer a free month of Plus since it's a new service to us. Then when they stated three, I thought it was just a way to really rub Microsoft's noses in it.

I know there's not really a big benefit to a free 3 months of Plus since you'll lose the games after the subscription expires, anyway. But, it's the principle...

RGPS wrote:

I think it was mis-leading the way he said it and I don't entirely disagree with people who are bummed about it. But when hear the words "Limited offer" I ask for clarification and look for the fine print EVERY time!   

Yeah, I understand that...to an extent. I don't think it was misleading, he just mispoke. So, for me, it's just a matter of right and wrong. When a store posts up a wrong price, they still honor it. And I just think if a company states an incorrect price/offering, they should still honor it.

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Message 13 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 3, 2010

FairlyOddChelle wrote:

Yeah, I understand that...to an extent. I don't think it was misleading, he just mispoke. So, for me, it's just a matter of right and wrong. When a store posts up a wrong price, they still honor it. And I just think if a company states an incorrect price/offering, they should still honor it.

If they make a slight mistake or don't say the last few words ("with purchase of a years subscription")  I don't think the company should pay, they corrected themselves very soon after (same day I think) and before you coud buy it. I have an issues with the lack of communication on many of the PS+ features but I never once thought it would be "free" at the start. I think if a company fixes it before it goes on sale, then it's compleatly fair.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes