First Son
3 posts

Re: Where have the ps1 games gone?

Dec 5, 2012

Still waiting on some Playstation Content for my "Playstation Certified" Xperia Tablet S. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 13 (897 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I am an owner of the rarer dual screen screen Sony Tablet P with Xperia. I recently purchased this tablet because of its unique design. However, when I decided to look into the market for Android Tablets, the only reason I considered Sony other than the clamshell design was because of the ability to purchase psone games and play them via xperia. Sony, I am speaking directly to you, your decision to remove psone titles from your tablet line has lost you a customer in the android market. Im not a fan of mini mobile games. If im going to buy an android tablet, from now on I will purchase Samsung. Lets Face it, they are the best in the android business and you Sony have removed the only thing that made your tablet worth buying. Ik am also the owner of the PSVita, PSP, and PS3. So if you thought this decision would increase sales of other devices, you were wrong. Hard core playstation fans will buy everything playstation, until you remove what made it a playstation-like device. I will no longer buy anything from sony outside of dedicated playstation products!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 13 (762 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I am sorely disappointed by this news.  I have just spent the last few days (the network was down for maintenance for 2 of them) hoping to get my playtation titles working on my Sony Xperia S.  I am not a child, I have no use of a Vita but to be able to play PS1 games on my 40" Sony Bravia tv with one of my ps3 controllers whilst on short stys at my parents house would have been amazing. I was even going to purchase the live dock to make this happen. Now I am scratching the livedock off my list of possible birthday presents and will be using an emulator on my Xperia S to play all the PS1 games I own. I will not be buying a Vita however I was never going to purchase a vita until they were within my price range.

I have owned every playstion up to the ps3 60gb fat as well as owning countless sony TVs, DVD players, video players, walkmans, discmans, mini discmans, car stereos, hifi units and radios. I am disappointed by this move as it is another prime example of sony's great hardware being let down by poor decisions or supporting software. The worst thing about all this is that as a brand-loyal Sony customer I will continue to get shafted in the hope that you come to your senses in the future and increase the connectivity options between my TV, PS3, Sony Xperia S and (when I have kids - Sony Tablet P).

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 13 (679 Views)
0 Likes