VP of Gaming
28525 posts

Re: Where do i go to tell sony my ideas to help improve the XMB?

Sep 4, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

"http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ Just remember, it's not a magic genie that can say "ALAKAZAM!!", and grant your wishes. They get countless "ideas", but that doesn't mean all of them are feasible, or even good". 

I went to blog.share and they haven't posted my ideas yet and I posted back in May. My ideas were just a few features like full installs like the 360 has and a web browser app, so they weren't that outlandish. I seriously doubt they even check that thing regularly as the blog.share says we're on firmware 4.11 when we're now at 4.21. 

We check Share at least once a day Monday through Friday. Something to keep in mind is that we don't publish duplicate ideas if we can help it. Meaning, if someone submits an idea that has already been submitted and approved we won't approve the newer submission. We do this because one of the most powerful aspects of Share is the vote up/down functionality. If we have multiple listings of the same idea, it spreads the votes for that idea too thinly.

We do have a group of folks who go through Share and build reports for the most popular ideas. If they get put into action or not depends on a wide range of variables, but I can personally confirm that the top ideas of each Share section do get consolidated and sent up the ladder on a fairly regular basis. So, keep submitting and keep voting. And when you submit if the site tells you that your idea is a duplicate, please consider canceling your submission and voting up the older idea. The more up votes it gets, the more likely it is that someone with the power to make it happen will know you want it done.

I have question.. If it ok to ask.   Not trying to confuse or anything.. But socom hd remake or socom legecy  has  over 10-11k vote the highest of any game on  ps blog share..

So my  direct question is...  do these remakes  fall on the devs or  do they fall on sony  finding a dev to do them under there umbrella. If  uou dont have  a answer that is fine/ Im trying to figure out how this game hasnt gotten made  when its the highest and this based the most popular by vote .. Thanks for any answer you may give.

If you ever listened to the Zipline Podcast, the development team said that the biggest problem is that they would have to completely rebuild the game from the ground up in order to get the online game to work. As it stands now, the online portion will not run on the Playstation Network. It would have taken as much time and money to completely remake a ten year old game as it would to make a brand new one. 

Message 11 of 24 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6823 posts

Sep 5, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

"http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ Just remember, it's not a magic genie that can say "ALAKAZAM!!", and grant your wishes. They get countless "ideas", but that doesn't mean all of them are feasible, or even good". 

I went to blog.share and they haven't posted my ideas yet and I posted back in May. My ideas were just a few features like full installs like the 360 has and a web browser app, so they weren't that outlandish. I seriously doubt they even check that thing regularly as the blog.share says we're on firmware 4.11 when we're now at 4.21. 

We check Share at least once a day Monday through Friday. Something to keep in mind is that we don't publish duplicate ideas if we can help it. Meaning, if someone submits an idea that has already been submitted and approved we won't approve the newer submission. We do this because one of the most powerful aspects of Share is the vote up/down functionality. If we have multiple listings of the same idea, it spreads the votes for that idea too thinly.

We do have a group of folks who go through Share and build reports for the most popular ideas. If they get put into action or not depends on a wide range of variables, but I can personally confirm that the top ideas of each Share section do get consolidated and sent up the ladder on a fairly regular basis. So, keep submitting and keep voting. And when you submit if the site tells you that your idea is a duplicate, please consider canceling your submission and voting up the older idea. The more up votes it gets, the more likely it is that someone with the power to make it happen will know you want it done.

I have question.. If it ok to ask.   Not trying to confuse or anything.. But socom hd remake or socom legecy  has  over 10-11k vote the highest of any game on  ps blog share..

So my  direct question is...  do these remakes  fall on the devs or  do they fall on sony  finding a dev to do them under there umbrella. If  uou dont have  a answer that is fine/ Im trying to figure out how this game hasnt gotten made  when its the highest and this based the most popular by vote .. Thanks for any answer you may give.

If you ever listened to the Zipline Podcast, the development team said that the biggest problem is that they would have to completely rebuild the game from the ground up in order to get the online game to work. As it stands now, the online portion will not run on the Playstation Network. It would have taken as much time and money to completely remake a ten year old game as it would to make a brand new one. 

Thats not  100% true  becuase alot of games have  gottn made by outside sources and costed less then  the original game.

I highly  doubt it costed  naughty  dog   over 50- 100 mill to  put 3 games on  the racket and clank  hd  collection on psn..  each one costed about 16 mill or more to make the 1st time.   So its no truth in the it wouldve costed more to make, rockstar game has hd  gta  which costed 50 mill to make the 1st time. i  doubt it costed them that much to hd. from  knowingit only  cosy 250-350K to  remake a  game  or remaster.

Also it found outlatley  that  any  ps2 game with online can  work and can be rematerd to play on  psn.. since zipper is not around. sony  become the dev.. Which  the logical point i assessed when 1st asked.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 12 of 24 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6823 posts

Sep 5, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366281/onus-is-on-namco-for-xenosaga-re-release-says-sony/

Is been up to the publisher/developer all along and the link I gave proves it.
A Socom re-release will not happen because Zipper no longer exists 

it can happen  sony  owns the ip and alot  devs games that got remasted are not around anymore..Sony found some one to make those games. which is the question im askinghim.. Since zipper is not around  does fall on sony and it unbrella of devs..

since it the most  wanted by vote how comes it not being made.

I dont want to say to much about  the link.. i know whats up with that lol.. all im going to say is  stay  alert.

Mcbuttz78

Message 13 of 24 (321 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28525 posts

Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

Thats not  100% true  becuase alot of games have  gottn made by outside sources and costed less then  the original game.

I highly  doubt it costed  naughty  dog   over 50- 100 mill to  put 3 games on  the racket and clank  hd  collection on psn..  each one costed about 16 mill or more to make the 1st time.   So its no truth in the it wouldve costed more to make, rockstar game has hd  gta  which costed 50 mill to make the 1st time. i  doubt it costed them that much to hd. from  knowingit only  cosy 250-350K to  remake a  game  or remaster.

Also it found outlatley  that  any  ps2 game with online can  work and can be rematerd to play on  psn.. since zipper is not around. sony  become the dev.. Which  the logical point i assessed when 1st asked.

You didn't really read what I wrote just then. Zipper themselves had stated on their podcast that in order to get the online portion of the game to work on the Playstation Network, the entire game would have to be re-written from the ground up. If you've ever noticed just about all games that have been released as HD Remasters do not include online play. Splinter Cell is the best example. Now if you say "but Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker has online play", you're correct. It was released AFTER the launch of the Playstation Network. This is straight form the horse's mouth. Furthermore, with SOCOM being such an online intensive game, I doubt anyone would be happy with a release of just the single player. 

There's a misconception now that these games are "remade". They're not. They are "remastered". Meaning that the existing game's graphics are bosltered to hi defintion, which is a simpler, less expensive process than creating a new game, because you're taking an existing engine and a finished game, and upping the resolution. If you're thinking that these games are "remakes", then you're mistaken. 

Also as far as "Sony become the dev", I don't know where everyone got this idea that if a developer folds then somehow Sony becomes the developer by default, but that's not entirely true. While Sony owns the SOCOM property, "Sony" doesn't become the developer. Eventually what would happen is if SCEA were to decide that the time is right for a new SOCOM game, they would assign the project to a new development team. What you're saying is akin that because SAAB went bankrupt because it's Swedish, then the Swedish government would automatically take it over. We all know that didn't happen. 

Message 14 of 24 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6823 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

^^ i read the post , thats  why i replied to it. in the dfashion i did,.  racket and clank  has online  so  does syphon filter. those are just 2 examples,  its it possible.

As far as sony being the dev . it belong to sony now they own the ip..  they are the developer as in the publishers.  sorry to confuse  you with that. I thought you knew they where the publisher aka  the developers of the games.. they  make these games possbile..

The question  is why havent this happen if its  the most popular and most voted. since zipper is out as  dev and sony has the right to the ip. why havent they made this happen. other folded devs or  current devs have other studios bringing there  old games back with lesser votes& some  none at all.

As far  as remaster and etc  there are 2 ways  ; A port   and doing the  master copy over  thus a remaster..  a remake  can be a port, or a  remaster of the  masters copy . it will not cost more to  make, So  the excuse they used was  not  100% true.. They where thinking about a whole  new game from the ground up on  ps3 hardware.. Its  honestly true that would cost alot, but  that is not whar  the  blog share was asking. A psn remake would not cost a million  to  make.. no psn game has costed  over 500K to make.. they are budget'd games.

Mcbuttz78

Message 15 of 24 (315 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28525 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

^^ i read the post , thats  why i replied to it. in the dfashion i did,.  racket and clank  has online  so  does syphon filter. those are just 2 examples,  its it possible.

As far as sony being the dev . it belong to sony now they own the ip..  they are the developer as in the publishers.  sorry to confuse  you with that. I thought you knew they where the publisher aka  the developers of the games.. they  make these games possbile..

The question  is why havent this happen if its  the most popular and most voted. since zipper is out as  dev and sony has the right to the ip. why havent they made this happen. other folded devs or  current devs have other studios bringing there  old games back with lesser votes& some  none at all.

As far  as remaster and etc  there are 2 ways  ; A port   and doing the  master copy over  thus a remaster..  a remake  can be a port, or a  remaster of the  masters copy . it will not cost more to  make, So  the excuse they used was  not  100% true.. They where thinking about a whole  new game from the ground up on  ps3 hardware.. Its  honestly true that would cost alot, but  that is not whar  the  blog share was asking. A psn remake would not cost a million  to  make.. no psn game has costed  over 500K to make.. they are budget'd games.

Yes, Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal has online play. However Syphon Filter The Omega Strain does not. As far as Ratchet and Clank is concerned, I admit I'm not sure if this is the original mode, or a tacked on mode. 

Secondly, I believe you are the one who is confused to what a developer and a publisher actually do. They are not one in the same. A "developer" actually does all the work to MAKE a game. Meaning the coding, testing, modeling, motion capture, etc. A "publisher" does all the work to get it into your hands, and handles all of the budegetary and legal wranglings involved. Sony is NOT the "developer" of SOCOM. They are the PUBLISHER. Much the way Electronic Arts doesn't make games, they publish them. Zipper Interactive was the developer. Now that Zipper is no more, it would be up to SCEA to assign the game to a new development team. Sony has always owned the SOCOM intelectual property. It's common practice in a business such as this where if you work for a company, the "company" gets ownership of your work. Until that happens, the series will remain in limbo. As far as what other developers that have gone under and as you claim, Sony is bringing back their games, which ones are they bringing back exactly? Cite some examples. 

As to why it didn't happen, again if you had listened to the Zipline Podcast and if you had followed the discussion on the SOCOM forum, you would have known that despite everyone's insistence of "they could totally like do totally like it if totally they like totally wanted to totally to... totally", they would have to completely rebuild the game from the ground up in order to get the online portion to run on the Playstation Network. This is exaclty what they said, despite your insistence that it's not true. If they had rereleased these games wtihout the online portion, something tells me nobody would be pleased in the least. As far as it "not costing" anything to make, I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are actual PEOPLE involved in the process. Yes, games just don't appear out of thin air. Real live human beings actually do the work involved in getting the game into your hands. So it's not as easy as "they can totally like totally do it... totally", and then ALAKAZAM!! The game appears in stores. People need to be paid, and all of the things that go with it need to be paid for. 

Your insistance and saying "No it's not true" doesn't change anything. If it were as easy as you WANT to believe it is,  we would have already seen a SOCOM HD Collection. But we haven't. And something tells me that if a SOCOM HD Collection didn't include the online portion, you'd be the first to scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!". Yes, I know it's a popular idea, however as I always say the Blog Share is not a magic genie that grants wishes. This might be one of those that simply can't be done, despite insisting that they could do it if they wanted to. 

Message 16 of 24 (310 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6823 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yes, Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal has online play. However Syphon Filter The Omega Strain does not. As far as Ratchet and Clank is concerned, I admit I'm not sure if this is the original mode, or a tacked on mode. 

Secondly, I believe you are the one who is confused to what a developer and a publisher actually do. They are not one in the same. A "developer" actually does all the work to MAKE a game. Meaning the coding, testing, modeling, motion capture, etc. A "publisher" does all the work to get it into your hands, and handles all of the budegetary and legal wranglings involved. Sony is NOT the "developer" of SOCOM. They are the PUBLISHER. Much the way Electronic Arts doesn't make games, they publish them. Zipper Interactive was the developer. Now that Zipper is no more, it would be up to SCEA to assign the game to a new development team. Sony has always owned the SOCOM intelectual property. It's common practice in a business such as this where if you work for a company, the "company" gets ownership of your work. Until that happens, the series will remain in limbo. As far as what other developers that have gone under and as you claim, Sony is bringing back their games, which ones are they bringing back exactly? Cite some examples. 

As to why it didn't happen, again if you had listened to the Zipline Podcast and if you had followed the discussion on the SOCOM forum, you would have known that despite everyone's insistence of "they could totally like do totally like it if totally they like totally wanted to totally to... totally", they would have to completely rebuild the game from the ground up in order to get the online portion to run on the Playstation Network. This is exaclty what they said, despite your insistence that it's not true. If they had rereleased these games wtihout the online portion, something tells me nobody would be pleased in the least. As far as it "not costing" anything to make, I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are actual PEOPLE involved in the process. Yes, games just don't appear out of thin air. Real live human beings actually do the work involved in getting the game into your hands. So it's not as easy as "they can totally like totally do it... totally", and then ALAKAZAM!! The game appears in stores. People need to be paid, and all of the things that go with it need to be paid for. 

Your insistance and saying "No it's not true" doesn't change anything. If it were as easy as you WANT to believe it is,  we would have already seen a SOCOM HD Collection. But we haven't. And something tells me that if a SOCOM HD Collection didn't include the online portion, you'd be the first to scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!". Yes, I know it's a popular idea, however as I always say the Blog Share is not a magic genie that grants wishes. This might be one of those that simply can't be done, despite insisting that they could do it if they wanted to. 

who own the ip..  sony.. who  put the money up to make it...  sony..   who markets it... sony   so  show me how they are not the developer of the game??. They can  find a designer team to do the  work and cut them a  slice of the   profit. ..  But  who make sit   possible ..sony .  they develop the  games... Is that understandstandle??

yes  online was part of racket and clank up your arsenal.. it wasnt apart they made out of the blue..  the game is made with a online.   uhm  syphon filter does on it  has  co -op. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/20/the-drop-week-of-may-21st-2012-new-releases/

To my knowledge it does it states right there  that it does. I dont play the game to know  if that is true. but they say it does.   in blk and white.. If doesnt then the  psn staff has alot explaing to do

Man   the devs on psn are small  time pc or cell phone or  rookie devs.. to sit here and  explian the  obvious, people need to be paid & blah  blah  blah, yak yak..  ,,, blah blah..  it  obvious  they have  lives and dont work free. last time I check psn wasnt activision and fired folks with out being  paid!!! No  game  cost over 350k$ none,, thats a fact go   ask somebody if dont want to hear it from me,  Most psn games are already made so its only  50K$  to break even  for the said  dev or designer of that game.

Agn  alot companies   talk pr  bolaney to  chill the masses off a topic.. Im not going to run with it neither should you. when i know the  truth  that be in some aspect . Or a small truth that be. They could  have made a psn  socom game  for 350K$ or less. becuase  psn are cheaply  made and are high quality. they couldve release dlc and made a great profit. But then agn. they already had a new game called socom 4.. they wanted folks to buy that..

Now zipper could have been telling the truth about  this. but a harder game got made called ico... So again  what not possible today  in playstaion will be possible  tommarrow in playstaion gaming. Thats how  playstation works making thing possible for the gamer..

Not one time did i  say its easy. becuase agn i respect the hard work  the  devs put out  and effort they do  every day ..Again   I  nver said it was easy . I Said their ambition that it was not possible to do was false. Becuase others    game designer have gotten it done as of late..  Again patience is the key. and a every thing is possible to  do today.., they say said  that  cannt  be done,

how long does  it take to make a psn game 3-6 mths sometimes 1 yr, at a low  cost, no  game cost  a  million dollars.. show  me 1, as far  you asking what games they bring back  you must blind  my  friend  you havenmt seen a few ps1 classic a or ps2 classics. Som eof those devs are not around any more  man..  The sony  president  H yoseada or  how ever you spell it said himsefl( sorry for the mispelling of  the name).. Said himself that "sony doesnt kill any ip, they bring them  back  after sometime"..

Those are his exact words.. 

Mcbuttz78

Message 17 of 24 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

I'd like to believe that Sony is still looking at Share, but I've already submitted 3 ideas to Share. None of them have appeared. Everytime I go there-and I've looked at least 10 times over the past 3 months-it says there are 94 ideas in action. Every. Time. Even more discouraging is the fact that when I go to Most Recent Ideas, it's the same idea that was submitted on 10/15. I'm starting to think Share is no longer being looked at. My most desired ideas was to have Megaman Legends 1 & 2 put on the Playstation Store. This is comparable to the "put the Simpsons Arcade Game on PSN" idea that was submitted in 2011. I didn't see similar ideas to mine, and yet it wasn't posted for all to see. I'd say don't bother submitting anymore ideas. Waste of time, waste of effort.

Message 18 of 24 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 6, 2013

um this has nothing to do about this subject but how do u get ranked up on this website from unique snowflake to whatever is next

Message 19 of 24 (250 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38787 posts

Jan 7, 2013

xHBRxMADGAMERzZ wrote:

um this has nothing to do about this subject but how do u get ranked up on this website from unique snowflake to whatever is next

You rank change is dependant on how active you are on these Forums, the current ranks are Christmas themed ones & they will be disappearing VERY soon & we will revert back to the Shields we had before.

Basically the more active (read as posts made, questions asked/answered & Kudos given & received etc) you are on here the faster you will "rank-up".

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 20 of 24 (244 Views)
0 Likes