Aug 29 2012
By: curt_ex First Son 3 posts

Where do i go to tell sony my ideas to help improve the XMB?

23 replies 240 views Edited Aug 29, 2012
I have some ideas but i would just like them to be heard
Message 1 of 24 (240 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28537 posts

Re: Where do i go to tell sony my ideas to help improve the XMB?

Aug 29, 2012

Submit it to the Blog Share. 

Message 2 of 24 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Ok now where do i find that? Haha this is my first post(s) on these forums
Message 3 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28537 posts

Aug 29, 2012

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Just remember, it's not a magic genie that can say "ALAKAZAM!!", and grant your wishes. They get countless "ideas", but that doesn't mean all of them are feasible, or even good. 

Message 4 of 24 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Thank you good sir! Im sure thats whats going to happen. But i just want to get it out there haha
Message 5 of 24 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

"http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ Just remember, it's not a magic genie that can say "ALAKAZAM!!", and grant your wishes. They get countless "ideas", but that doesn't mean all of them are feasible, or even good". 

I went to blog.share and they haven't posted my ideas yet and I posted back in May. My ideas were just a few features like full installs like the 360 has and a web browser app, so they weren't that outlandish. I seriously doubt they even check that thing regularly as the blog.share says we're on firmware 4.11 when we're now at 4.21. 

Message 6 of 24 (217 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

WithDreday wrote:

"http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ Just remember, it's not a magic genie that can say "ALAKAZAM!!", and grant your wishes. They get countless "ideas", but that doesn't mean all of them are feasible, or even good". 

I went to blog.share and they haven't posted my ideas yet and I posted back in May. My ideas were just a few features like full installs like the 360 has and a web browser app, so they weren't that outlandish. I seriously doubt they even check that thing regularly as the blog.share says we're on firmware 4.11 when we're now at 4.21. 

We check Share at least once a day Monday through Friday. Something to keep in mind is that we don't publish duplicate ideas if we can help it. Meaning, if someone submits an idea that has already been submitted and approved we won't approve the newer submission. We do this because one of the most powerful aspects of Share is the vote up/down functionality. If we have multiple listings of the same idea, it spreads the votes for that idea too thinly.

We do have a group of folks who go through Share and build reports for the most popular ideas. If they get put into action or not depends on a wide range of variables, but I can personally confirm that the top ideas of each Share section do get consolidated and sent up the ladder on a fairly regular basis. So, keep submitting and keep voting. And when you submit if the site tells you that your idea is a duplicate, please consider canceling your submission and voting up the older idea. The more up votes it gets, the more likely it is that someone with the power to make it happen will know you want it done.
Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 7 of 24 (204 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Thank you. That's good to know.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6827 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

We check Share at least once a day Monday through Friday. Something to keep in mind is that we don't publish duplicate ideas if we can help it. Meaning, if someone submits an idea that has already been submitted and approved we won't approve the newer submission. We do this because one of the most powerful aspects of Share is the vote up/down functionality. If we have multiple listings of the same idea, it spreads the votes for that idea too thinly.

We do have a group of folks who go through Share and build reports for the most popular ideas. If they get put into action or not depends on a wide range of variables, but I can personally confirm that the top ideas of each Share section do get consolidated and sent up the ladder on a fairly regular basis. So, keep submitting and keep voting. And when you submit if the site tells you that your idea is a duplicate, please consider canceling your submission and voting up the older idea. The more up votes it gets, the more likely it is that someone with the power to make it happen will know you want it done.

I have question.. If it ok to ask.   Not trying to confuse or anything.. But socom hd remake or socom legecy  has  over 10-11k vote the highest of any game on  ps blog share..

So my  direct question is...  do these remakes  fall on the devs or  do they fall on sony  finding a dev to do them under there umbrella. If  uou dont have  a answer that is fine/ Im trying to figure out how this game hasnt gotten made  when its the highest and this based the most popular by vote .. Thanks for any answer you may give.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 9 of 24 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Sep 4, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

I have question.. If it ok to ask.   Not trying to confuse or anything.. But socom hd remake or socom legecy  has  over 10-11k vote the highest of any game on  ps blog share..

So my  direct question is...  do these remakes  fall on the devs or  do they fall on sony  finding a dev to do them under there umbrella. If  uou dont have  a answer that is fine/ Im trying to figure out how this game hasnt gotten made  when its the highest and this based the most popular by vote .. Thanks for any answer you may give.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366281/onus-is-on-namco-for-xenosaga-re-release-says-sony/

Is been up to the publisher/developer all along and the link I gave proves it.
A Socom re-release will not happen because Zipper no longer exists 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 24 (172 Views)