Sackboy
621 posts

Re: When will we see more PSP games for PS Vita?

May 7, 2012

acorliss wrote:

Riiiight.  So, rather than actually refute any points the Church of Sony adherents trot out troll slander.  That, my friend, is old fashioned bigotry and lunacy, and doesn't support your argument... Oh, that's right, you didn't have an argument...

don't need an argument.. i stated facts, your stating opinions

Photobucket

Message 11 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

What facts did you state?  Your supposition that hackers are slowing things down?  Really?  That's a fact?  How, then, does that explain the incredibly piss-poor combatibility they had out of the gate?  How do you explain hackers as being responsible for why the UK can play PSP Modnation but the US can't?  How does that explain some of the titles on Sony's original compatibility list being compatible *only* if you have a PS3 to transfer it to?  All of these problems pre-date the first reported exploit on the Vita.

Now, *that* is a fact.  You would be wise to note the differences.

Message 12 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 7, 2012

acorliss wrote:

What facts did you state?  Your supposition that hackers are slowing things down?  Really?  That's a fact?  How, then, does that explain the incredibly ****-poor combatibility they had out of the gate? 

Read ANYTHING related to PSP games on the VIta, and come back, Im not goign to go hunt down and do the research for you, its a known fact that there are psp games that exploit the Vita to be hacked, and hackers are using it to do so.. so now sony has to check EVERY single psp game to make sure it doesnt happen... so SLOW start for psp games, thank the hackers (http://psvita.dashhacks.com/2012/03/19/another-psp-exploit-another-one-vita). I also wouldnt considering this http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/09/how-to-download-psp-titles-to-ps-vita/ a "poor compaitlibty" thats an OPINION on your side not FACT. There are many more that are not on that list as well that play just fine.

How do you explain hackers as being responsible for why the UK can play PSP Modnation but the US can't?   I could honestly care less about Modnation on PSP.. So no argument from me.

How does that explain some of the titles on Sony's original compatibility list being compatible *only* if you have a PS3 to transfer it to? All of these problems pre-date the first reported exploit ofn the Vita.

Not sure why that would matter? you say you have bought "a bunch of sony" products, why would it matter if you have to use a ps3 to transfer some psp games to your VIta? where is your displeasure in this..I don't get your thought process on this one.. You want Sony's apologies from it? You want sony to concentrate everything on bringing PSP games to the store on your Vita, and since they don't your mad? really? instead they can just have the customers transfer via PS3 in the mean time to concentrate on MORE PRESSING MATTERS.

Now, *that* is a fact.  You would be wise to note the differences.

actually you stated no facts except, that Modnations Racers can't be played.. everythign is either an Opinion or your crappy thought process and obviously backwards priorties for your Vita (which is ok because alot of people on here have backwards priorties when it ceoms to their Vita.. I mean look at all the pissed off peopel wanting youtube.. instead of PSP games (like you) (or PS1 classics)

From the looks of it your pissed because your Vita can't play PSP games.. in which case, I cant help your skewed thoughts. I don't buy a HDTV to watch VHS tapes on it... Just like I or many others didn't just buy a Vita for the PSP games. Matter of fact, most people are pissed because of no YOUTUBE..

Photobucket

Message 13 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

Methinks you're missing the point.  The launch list was poor before the exploit, before they had to pull games for those exploits.  Now, if they were actually doing any work in the months since the launch one would think that at least a few additional games would have been cleared, even for the exploit they obviously didn't know about.  But how many updates have we gotten?  Zero.  Fact.  When the vast majority of the digital download titles were not, and are still not, available, that's called poor compatibiltiy.  Let's not pretend it's not.

When part of the minority of titles you support require additional equipment just to get access to (read: PS3), that's not really compatibile, is it?  Shouldn't they all be accessible via the PSN store, *especially* if they're on Sony's official list?  I am fortunate enough to have a PS3, but someone new to Sony's platform would be right feel snookered.

That, BTW, should hopefully clear up why I think the PS3 requirement for certain games is crap.  Not only for non-PS3 owners, but why do I have to take an extra step to get that game?  What if I'm nowhere near home and I want to download & play it?  It's a perfectly legitimate gripe.

Finally, yes, you are correct that I'm peeved that I can't play PSP games... or 99% of the minis I have.  You almost would have a point if the Vita had an expansive library to choose from, but it doesn't, so you don't.  Not to mention the obvious marketable advantage the Vita would have if everyone could still play their favorite older games without having to carry around multiple machines.  Backwards compatibility matters.  Not all of us have cleared the backlog of games they want to play from the previous generation(s).  I have and like some of the new Vita titles, but they run out rather quickly.

As for youtube, I couldn't care less about that myself.  Unlike you, however, I'm not about to start insulting them and calling them trolls just because I don't care about it.  They have a right to be annoyed that any modern device with a web client should be able to access their favorite web sites.  It's been noted that most (older) smart phones have better browsers than the Vita.  Valid point.

Now, you may not agree or care about my concerns, that's your right.  But if I'm wrong about my assertions you need to be able to actually prove it, not just scream "Troll!".

Message 14 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 8, 2012

You strike me as someone that will argue until blue in the face no matter what, so there is no point in going back in forth..

Apparently your mad about the "lack" of psp games on your Vita (as you admitted) and that it cant play them all.. fine your opinion.. just like its your opinion that the Vita doesn't have a "vast library". It is a few months old and games come out each month along with E3 in June. So we will see. Not only that the launch was deemed one of the better ones (game wise) vs lets say... 3ds... Took Nintendo 6 months to come out with a port of a game that was actually worth while to play. (my opinion)

As for the Troll comment.... What do you expect when you come on a Sony Forum and spew what you did, then end it with "ill go enjoy my nintendo" seriously it was a Troll post on your part.. as for you being a Troll all together.. I am not sure you don't have many posts (not a bad thing) and I don't know you. but the comment itself had no intellectual points.. it was just spewing hate IN MY OPINION.. I didn't call you a Troll because I don't care about PSP games or MINIS or whatever on my Vita.. The fact is, that i would LOVE for the Vita to play ALL PSP , PS1 and PS2 games right off the back, but just because it doesn't, doesn't mean I am about to throw a company through mud because it doesn't have what I want.. that's just me though.

I have no beef with you just like I have no beef with anyone on this forum. I don't know you so how could I anyway. What you think of me is up to you I could care less.

anything else you put up , was basically all opinions by you and there's no reason for me to go through each one saying its "wrong' as no opinion is wrong.

Photobucket

Message 15 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 8, 2012

What I am is someone who's not going to back down to people who don't offer substantive arguments to counter my own.  I enjoy a good debate, but I will not go away quietly when someone attempts to shout me down as a troll.  That said, your last post is definitely the most civil you've made so far, which is something I can appreciate.

Everyone here seemed to focus myopically on the Nintendo gibe.  But that's what it was, although it was perhaps too subtle.  Nintendo right now has barely a better library than the Vita, but they did one thing correct out of the gate, and that one thing was the point of the gibe.  It had immediate access to the entire DS back catalog.  Sony would be taking a lot less heat on all sides if they had at least had access to the entire digital PSP catalog.  But they didn't, and from my perspective that makes their management of this new platform open to criticism.  We have a very fancy piece of hardware with a very limited set of software to run on it.  A gorgeous display that has very little to show.

Now, that doesn't make me a hater.  A hater is the little fanboys on the gaming sites taking shots at a rival platform that they don't own.  I own both.  I play on both.  I *want* to play more on the Sony platform, but they're not making it easy to do so.  I have a decent investment in digital PSP and psOne titles that the previous "weaker" platform was able to do just fine.  Titles I still want to play, and titles that Sony promised me I would be able to play when they introduced the Vita.  Come on, you have to give me some points for not bitching about the lack of a US UMD passport program.  I had a hell of a lot more of those than digital titles.

I also have to point out one little thing that's been lost in the debate:  I pointed out in my first post that if Sony would simply *tell* us what's going on, and when we could expect something, that would go a long way.  *That* is the basis of why I think Sony is a horrible company from a customer perspective.  They won't divulge squat.  They took far too long to tell us PSN had been hacked -- I had a CC # on file, did you? -- and now they won't give us a freaking clue when they're going to fill in any of the promised features of the Vita.  Their communication is among the worst I've ever seen.  That bit is perhaps the only real "opinion" I've offered.  Everything else is factual, their actions are a matter of public record at this point.

Those facts may not tip the scales much in your eyes, and that's fair enough.  Your priorities aren't mine, and vice versa.  But that doesn't change reality.  They've made promises about what this new device is capable of.  I will be dissatisfied with my purchase until they either deliver them or at least start communicating what the roadmap is for delivery.  I can understand delays as new issues are discovered, but I don't like being kept in the dark.  As a owner of their products and a shareholder in their company, I think we're all entitled to a bit more.

Message 16 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes