May 06 2012
By: Krrmit First Son 1 posts

When will we see more PSP games for PS Vita?

15 replies 51 views Edited May 6, 2012

It's been 3 months now since the launch of the PS Vita, and Sony did not add any new PSP compatible games to the PS Vita since then, and there is no news or rumors whether there will be more of them soon.

Fortunately for me, I own a PS3.  So most of the PSP games that I had bought through PSN were "available" for the Vita, through the PS3.  A lot of them were not, and are still not available through the PS Store.  But I still can't play some of my favorite, such as Hot Shot Tennis Get a Grip, or Mod Nation (that Sony gave me after their piracy affair last year).  PS One classics are still not available. 

Some may argue that Sony does not want to impact the sale of new PS Vita games, but if that was true, why make Hot Shots Golf PSP available for the Vita when there is a version of Hot Shots Golf for the Vita... makes no sense.  If at least, Sony was giving some kind of hint as to what PSP games will be coming to Vita, I would not complain, but for 3 months, there was only silent...

Do we have to say goodbye to all those PSP Games that was bought on PS Store when we buy a Vita? 

Message 1 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Re: When will we see more PSP games for PS Vita?

May 6, 2012

A big problem is that there are SO many games that ARE compatible, but nobody knows yet because Sony hasn't tested thm for compatibility...like kof orochi saga...even though we have gamers checking out which games are compatible, they can't check them all. I'd hate to be out the 20 bucks it would cost only to find i couldn' play Kof 97 and 98 on vita as well as psp (I have a psp 3000 and a vita, LOVE fighters, so I bring both to work to have matches in psp fighters during lunch).

Message 2 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

The reality for those of us with PSP digital titles is simple:  Sony's inability to either deliver or communicate eventual delivery means 90% of what we've already purchase is blocked to the Vita and we have no idea when or if they'll ever be available.

Sony's complete silence on the matter is not only an insult to its consumers, but confounding in its inconsistency and stupidity.  Some games can't be downloaded directly and have to be transferred from a PS3, while others even depend on what region you're in.  Couple that idiocy with Sony's published statements of "updated regularly here", and "coming soon", but never updated, and with the months that have already gone by, definitely not soon.  And I won't go over the outright lies of their commercials...

Sony's the most abhorrent and anti-customer company I've ever seen, they just happen to have some of the coolest technology.  At some point, though, the hardware isn't going to be able to overcome their crappy customer support and immature product rollouts.

I have a PS3 and an underused Vita.  But at least I still have Nintendo to entertain me while Sony tries to get their crap together...

Message 3 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

May 7, 2012

acorliss wrote:

The reality for those of us with PSP digital titles is simple:  Sony's inability to either deliver or communicate eventual delivery means 90% of what we've already purchase is blocked to the Vita and we have no idea when or if they'll ever be available.

Sony's complete silence on the matter is not only an insult to its consumers, but confounding in its inconsistency and stupidity.  Some games can't be downloaded directly and have to be transferred from a PS3, while others even depend on what region you're in.  Couple that idiocy with Sony's published statements of "updated regularly here", and "coming soon", but never updated, and with the months that have already gone by, definitely not soon.  And I won't go over the outright lies of their commercials...

Sony's the most abhorrent and anti-customer company I've ever seen, they just happen to have some of the coolest technology.  At some point, though, the hardware isn't going to be able to overcome their crappy customer support and immature product rollouts.

I have a PS3 and an underused Vita.  But at least I still have Nintendo to entertain me while Sony tries to get their crap together...

Just because of that sentence, I can't take this post seriously. Just another Nintendo Troll

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 7, 2012

acorliss wrote:

at least post this line at the top of the paragraph so I dont have to read the whole thing jsut to find out your an obvious troll.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

May 7, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

acorliss wrote:

at least post this line at the top of the paragraph so I dont have to read the whole thing jsut to find out your an obvious troll.

Awol_Wolf Trophy Card

Since when were trolls supposed to be courteous?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 7, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

acorliss wrote:

Awol_Wolf Trophy Card

Since when were trolls supposed to be courteous?

haha good point +1

Photobucket

Message 7 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

Yep, just a troll who's happened to have spent more on Sony hardware than Nintendo's.  Right.

I'm platform agnostic, I'll go where the games are, and unfortunately most of what i want to play on the Vita I can't.  But, I'm sure the fanboys here think that's all my fault.

Message 8 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

Riiiight.  So, rather than actually refute any points the Church of Sony adherents trot out troll slander.  That, my friend, is old fashioned bigotry and lunacy, and doesn't support your argument... Oh, that's right, you didn't have an argument...

Message 9 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 7, 2012

acorliss wrote:

Yep, just a troll who's happened to have spent more on Sony hardware than Nintendo's.  Right.

I'm platform agnostic, I'll go where the games are, and unfortunately most of what i want to play on the Vita I can't.  But, I'm sure the fanboys here think that's all my fault.

a TROLL. not FANBOY there is a difference, just because you buy more Sony stuff doesn't make you any less of a troll then what your nonsense paragraph you wrote up there makes you out to be.

What is even worse is that the reason PSP games are coming out slowly are due to F.A.G. hackers taking advantage of the Vita playing them.. so now its sony's fault.. when really you should be pissed at the hackers not downing Sony for something they are trying to fix and so that the Vita doesn't follow the PSP's downfall and low sells.....

contradicting?

Photobucket

Message 10 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes