Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: When will loading times be ultra fast?

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

B3GV5M63 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

When you buy an SSD.

the PS4 is SATA II. SSD won't change much.

Actually, the PS4 has a SATA 3 controller. And uses a SATA 2 hdd. 

People who have the 1TB SATA 3 Hybrid drives are seeing very fast load times already. 

And people who have SATA 3 SSDs in their PS4's have near instant load times. Particularly if the game only requires 1 long load screen, such as Watch Dogs. 

Otherwise, most games on PS4 don't actually have load times because for those with the physical copy of the game, the console is reading data from both the disc and the hdd. 

I have yet to come across any game that I own, that has a load time aside from the initial startup of the game. 

well then you might want to check this out. the difference is MINUUUUTE

Message 11 of 18 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
855 posts

Aug 19, 2014

Diablo 3 haslike zero load time. Its amazing.

Blackspeak12.jpg

Bil-At Kir-Zal Za-A-Kam Ki-Aga-Du

Message 12 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Aug 19, 2014
All i know is mlb the show 14 for ps4 have the longest loading times ever. That game is terrible and the online play forget it just as bad.
Message 13 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Aug 19, 2014

There are already a great deal of games with very few load times,the type of game will decide the loading time,sounds like you are posting this but you're playing games from 2000.

Message 14 of 18 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15662 posts

Aug 19, 2014
@B3GV5M63

That's because the PS4 is already caching the game on the hdd and reading any other info off the disc to.improve load times.

For most games you're not going to see an advantage with the using SSD as far as load times are concerned due to optimization from a physical game install.

Better load times will be seen on SSD with digital games where the entire game is streamed from the hdd.

And the ssds advantage comes from being able to stream assets a lot faster, like say in an open world game like GTA5 or Watch Dogs where there is constant loading of assets as you move throughout the game world.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 15 of 18 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 19, 2014

Probably never on a console, but I've played games on PC where load times were practically non existent. 

Message 16 of 18 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

X1 has good load times for games you continue to play..instantly start off where I left off the night before..it just sits there and waits on me in the background while in standby mode.  Pretty neat, hope Sony can do this sometime.

Message 17 of 18 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Aug 20, 2014

I actually felt like the loading times in Last of Us Remastered was my first taste of "next gen."  When you die in the game, you are back in in seconds... I can't think of a single game I played on 360 (yeah I'm a convert..) that popped you back in that quickly... Certainly not a game with those types of vast environments.  And there is basically no loading throughout any of the levels, right?  I dunno, the loading time alone in that game impressed the hell out of me.

Message 18 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes