Mar 07 2014
By: cntrhedz5 First Son 10 posts

When will greatness begin?

[ Edited ]
28 replies 605 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I have been an avid PS gamer since the beginning. Sony took gaming to a new level with ps1. State of the art graphics on disc base games. Wow. I knew i had to own one. The first time i held that user friendly controller for titles like gameday, the raiden project,etc. I fell in love. I haven't put down a ps controller since. With the release of ps2 sony gave gamers the ability to challenge players online.

The days of the crowded living room madden/mortal kombat tournaments were coming to an end. Ps3 is born. For the first time ps gamers can customize their home screens,download games and walk around with a wireless blu tooth controller. With features like ps home with fully customizable avatars gamers were connected like never before. I haven't even mentioned the blu-ray player and hdmi out put nor wi-fi capability. You may have forgotten the sixaxis the ps eye and the move. I didnt. Greatness.

I just purchased a new ps4. truthfully so far i am disappointed. Yes the ps4 pushes graphics to the max. Where are the functions that made ps3 so appealing? Customizable themes. Ps home especially. The thing i am most impressed by is the controller. Kudos for going all out and improving the already best controller in the gaming world. I know the ps4 is still very young. We as gamers have to be patient. I am sure sony will out do themselves once again. I just feel ps3 was such an awesome system with all the new technology it brought us it will be tough to top. Most of us are not aware of just how great a system ps3 was.

Maybe im not aware of how great a system ps4 will become.

Edit: Updated label & added breaks to body of text. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 29 (605 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13844 posts

Re: When will greatness begin?

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

cntrhedz5 wrote:

I have been an avid PS gamer since the beginning. Sony took gaming to a new level with ps1. State of the art graphics on disc base games. Wow. I knew i had to own one. The first time i held that user friendly controller for titles like gameday, the raiden project,etc. I fell in love. I haven't put down a ps controller since. With the release of ps2 sony gave gamers the ability to challenge players online. The days of the crowded living room madden/mortal kombat tournaments were coming to an end.

Ps3 is born. For the first time ps gamers can customize their home screens,download games and walk around with a wireless blu tooth controller. With features like ps home with fully customizable avatars gamers were connected like never before. I haven't even mentioned the blu-ray player and hdmi out put nor wi-fi capability. You may have forgotten the sixaxis the ps eye and the move. I didnt. Greatness.

I just purchased a new ps4. truthfully so far i am disappointed. Yes the ps4 pushes graphics to the max. Where are the functions that made ps3 so appealing? Customizable themes. Ps home especially. The thing i am most impressed by is the controller. Kudos for going all out and improving the already best controller in the gaming world. I know the ps4 is still very young. We as gamers have to be patient. I am sure sony will out do themselves once again. I just feel ps3 was such an awesome system with all the new technology it brought us it will be tough to top. Most of us are not aware of just how great a system ps3 was.

Maybe im not aware of how great a system ps4 will become.

Patience. It takes time for additions and features to be added to a new system. It's only been out for a few months now. Just think back to when the PS3 first came out. Wasn't it in a similar situation? They had to add features on over a period of time, and then it could blossom into the system that people knew and loved. It doesn't happen overnight.

On a side note, welcome to the forums!  Robot Happy  What games are you looking forward to on the PS4?

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 2 of 29 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Mar 7, 2014

I really hope Sony actually adds the features you assume they will.

I am not convinced just yet, and so i will not buy the PS4 in its current state at its current price.

The price wont go down for a long time though, sales are too good.

So the only hope is Sony finds it in there heart to add features for no real good reason, financially that is.

they cant keep PS4's on shelves, they cant make them fast enough to sell, you really think they feel pressure to make the console even more desirable when there is little to no stock in most places already??

I feel the same as you, but unlike you I chose to not buy the PS4 as is.  

As a customer the only power you had was the purchase you already made.

It sucks but once you make your bed you must lie in it.

cheers!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 3 of 29 (563 Views)
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Sony is ok taking your money for a half finished product if you are ok paying for it.

All the features of the PS3 will eventually be intergrated into the PS4.

doc shady signature
Message 4 of 29 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 8, 2014

cntrhedz5 wrote:

I have been an avid PS gamer since the beginning.

No you haven't. If you did, you'd have done your homework

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 29 (535 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

cntrhedz5 wrote:

Ps3 is born. For the first time ps gamers can customize their home screens,download games and walk around with a wireless blu tooth controller. With features like ps home with fully customizable avatars gamers were connected like never before. I haven't even mentioned the blu-ray player and hdmi out put nor wi-fi capability. You may have forgotten the sixaxis the ps eye and the move. I didnt. Greatness.

Let's be honest, the PS3 is great now, but it was nowhere as great at launch. It only became great over the years of continuous firmware updates that brought us more and more features -- and then even took some away. If you bought your PS3 pre in-game XMB, trophies, PS Home, etc, then you know what I'm talking about. Same will hopefully happen for the PS4. It's enjoyable for what it is right now, but I can only assume it will get better over the years.

So to answer your question: "When will greatness begin?"

It has already begun, it will just be awhile until it reaches a lot of other people's expectations.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 29 (516 Views)
MVP Support
11152 posts

Mar 8, 2014
What is up with all these 'gamers' that come on here complaining about a 'game' console missing all these 'NON-gaming' features?

Last time I checked, I didn't need a custom theme to play a 'game.' I didn't need MP3 support or DLNA to play a 'game.' And I certainly did not need a HDD-hogging social experiment to play a 'game.'
Message 7 of 29 (504 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Many long time Playstaion fans want the features you listed, hopefully $ony will bring the PS4 up to date soon.  Sometimes people call me a troll or complainer because I have high standards from my Sony products but  in reality the people who praise Sony for doing less are the people killing the Playstation brand.

And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 8 of 29 (476 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Yes i have. You know nothing of my past nor my ability to reason. You are so quick to babble nonsense in response to my post that you miss the point i made. Did you read the end?  By the way i played on the very first home consoles did you?

Message 9 of 29 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3454 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Greatness begins at the end of this month....

guitar guru 2012
Message 10 of 29 (451 Views)