Jan 03 2013
By: Swagganator1 First Son 4 posts

When will all PS1 Classics be available on the Vita?

3 replies 121 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

I was just wondering when the complete set of PS1 games will finally become available on the Vita in North America. I have waited months to play console favorites like Crash, Spyro, and Metal Gear Solid, but they are STILL currently unavailable on the North American PS Vita store along with numerous other classic titles. Could someone please tell me when all the games will be available? Europe got almost all of their's on day 1, so I'm wondering why North America wasn't treated the same way...

Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: When will all PS1 Classics be available on the Vita?

Jan 3, 2013
Nobody knows and of course, Sony hasn't explained either. Most probable cause is copyright issues since, like you said, these games are playable in EU / JP. Clearly it's not a matter of emulation~.
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 4, 2013

If you own the physical copies of the PS1 games, you can play any of them through Remote Play, including games like Diablo, Warcraft 2, that will never be a digital download.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will never be a digital download due to disney copyrights.

For a while, most games were not downloadable from the PSP.   This got opened up sometime in 2011 I believe, when all games MUST be made available for digital purchase.

PS3's full game digital downloading is becoming widespread popular now that the smallest Hard Drive on a new PS3 is 250GB, levels very reasonable for most people to be able to handle a 20GB download for 1 game, or a 4GB install from disc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 4, 2013
A PS3 is no solution, people shouldn't have to fork $200 to do what other regions can already do on their PSVs alone. Not to mention it defeats the purpose of a handheld since you'd be restricted to be at home~.

Lastly, he asked about PSOne Classics, not PSP. KH:BbS is a PSP title~.
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes