Highlighted
May 16 2013
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 11567 posts

When will Little Rat Infamy get taken off the Instant Game Collection?

7 replies 107 views Edited May 16, 2013

In June 2012 Sony launched the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus users. Consisting of twelve free games, amongst them was a composition of PlayStation Network and PlayStation 3 retail giveaways. Of the twelve games only nine have ever been swapped out for something else. Of the three remaining for nearly a year now there has been Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Infamous 2, and LittleBigPlanet 2.

All three of these games are 2011 PlayStation 3 exclusives. When the Instant Game Collection first launched this was fine, as respectfully the games were closer to their release dates than they are now. Being that we're practically a year into the Instant Game Collection though, it's been two years since most of these games have released, and in that time there have been many chances for Plus gamers to do whatever needs to be done with these games on the line.

Isn't it time Sony removes these three and adds something else they've been holding out on? What about Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? What about God of War: Ascension? What about PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Naturally not all of these games will attract every Plus customer out there, but they are much more recent Sony exclusives compared to these original three that we keep seeing on the Instant Game Collection shelf month after month.

Message 1 of 8 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: When will Little Rat Infamy get taken off the Instant Game Collection?

May 16, 2013
All the titles you mentioned are too new to be put on the ICG. PSASBR might have a chance..eventually. But the other two were released only months ago. I don't think it's realistic for people to hold on buying new games hoping they'll be put on the ICG. It's fine for indies but not for full retail titles~.
Message 2 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4215 posts

May 16, 2013

Those 3 games will prob be changed out in a couple months but don't think that Ascension or Sly will replace them. Maybe All Stars will but I would guess One of the Uncharted games will be joining the IGC soon.

Message 3 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

May 16, 2013
I think they will be replaced by
1) Heavy Rain
2) PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
3) Little Big Planet Karting.
Message 4 of 8 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1233 posts

May 16, 2013
I agree they should be switched out soon. Of the 30+ PS Plus subscribers on my friend list, I don't see anyone play any of these 3 games anymore and haven't for a long time. Out with the old, in with the new!
Message 5 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2739 posts

May 16, 2013
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and God of War: Ascension have no chance of being added to the IGC when Infamous 2, LBP2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One get rotated out.

Those games are way too new... The only games that will probably replace those 3 games are games that have sold most of their copies that they will sell.
Message 6 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10314 posts

May 16, 2013

The EU blog hints that around E3 some of the year long games will be swapped out. Who knows what US will do.

They are in there so Sony can put advertisements on their product boxes. You buy the PS Vita and on the box it says with your PS+ you can look forward to playing UNcharted and Gravity Rush. Wouldn't be too coll to buy it and find out that the games are no longer in PS+. So they need to make sure to time it correctly. These evergreen titles as Sony called them, are as easy to rotate out as the flavor of the month.

I also agree, those titles have a slim chance of being new evergreen titles in PS+. LB Karting has a good shot along with Killzone or Resistance.

Message 7 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4215 posts

May 16, 2013

Awesomegamer2196 wrote:
I think they will be replaced by
1) Heavy Rain
2) PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
3) Little Big Planet Karting.

Heavy Rain isn't on the PSN store so that won't be one of them. I could see the other 2 being added though.

Message 8 of 8 (42 Views)
0 Likes