First Son
27 posts

Re: When renewing PS+ early... (some questions confirmed, early renewal is safe and worth it!)

Mar 29, 2011

Did you guys renew with PSN credit? Or with PS+ cards?  I renewed mine with PSN credit.  I think there is a specific issue with the PS+ cards.

Message 10 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Re: When renewing PS+ early... (some questions confirmed, early renewal is safe and worth it!)

Mar 30, 2011

Yes I renewed with the PS+ card, unfortunately that was all the Best Buy I went to had I was searching every card rack they had for PSN cards and that was all they had. If I had the time I would have looked elsewhere but it was Monday night and as you know the 3 month bonus offer ended yesterday.

I downloaded some things last night, I'll have to check if it still has the April 4th expiration or if they now get the new date.

Okay I just checked the downloads, they have an August 2012 expiration now but the other stuff still says next week.

Message 12 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Funny thing about this, I just did the same, but instead renewed my playstation plus membership with the retail PS+ three month card  purchased at a local Gamestop. I had to do this after I was repeatedly  notified that my credit card information on my sony account was in  error. The Media Go program devoured my code entry number and spat out  the much maligned phrase "error occurred". Now, my membership has not  been extended the extra months and I am officially done with the Plus  membership, Though it was fun while it lasted, I will no longer do business with a purveyor of digital media who does not have their !@# together.

Message 13 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Mar 31, 2011

dyonder,

Have you tried using the code within the PS3 PSN store? I know the stores are tied together, but I am wondering that because it was done outside of the PS3 PSN store that it might not associate properly with your PS3 and PSN account. A call to Sony support might lend you some more clues too.

Message 14 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2643 posts

Apr 1, 2011

I renewed my PS Plus and did not get the free 3 months, I sent a NICE email to Playstation and explaind what happend, and that I would like the 3 months or a refund, they refunded the $50.00, I got the email today, it took less than 48 hours, so if you ask them in a nice way they may give your money back.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 15 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 2, 2011

Nah, markburleson85. I only use it with my PSP (got a 360 as my main console). I kind of jumped the gun with my posting here; the membership eventually showed up on my account page. In all actuality, now considering picking up a PS3 just because of all the benefits being a PS+ member brings to the console

Message 16 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Apr 4, 2011

Okay well I just got off the phone with them, I also emailed them but won't get back a reply for now, they gave me the same story as that other person that it's a trial period and they won't be renewed. Maybe it's the particulars, like that we were on 3 month subs and renewed with a year, but if 1 year subs get their content expiry renewed then so should 3 month subs since we pay twice the $ per month. Pretty messed up.

I was going to try to redownloading stuff that is still on the PS Store like Sonic and LBP but the PS Store wouldn't load for some reason, I'll try again later this evening.

Message 17 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Well I guess I'm SOL on the games that I got before. The hour of expiration passed and even some of the games that are still on the store I have to repurchase them, like Sonic, but I didn't like it anyway to be honest. The only one I got back was LBP for Move, it allowed me to download it again and treated it like a new 'purchase'. Everything else still in the store that was there before I did the renewal now has a blue PS Store bag in front of the icons.

Unfortunately, I didn't finish redownloading the LBP, and can't for now. And I guess I won't be benefiting from anything that may come out for this week only, maybe next week too. Yep you guessed it (if you were even thinking it) I got the YLOD just now as soon as I started up a Netflix BR that just came, The Next Three Days.. which is now stuck in my PS3 for that and more. Thank goodness netflix doesn't have a return period.

I think after this I should just give up on this 80GB PS3 and move on to the new models. It will be missed but I've had to be sending it in yearly now.

Message 18 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4187 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Kirkpad wrote:

EDIT:  The above method of checking expiration only is accurate if you have never renewed early.

The most accurate way to find out is by going into account management, and go to the transactions part, and find the option called "Services".  There you will have a list of services, one of which is Playstation Plus.  Select that, and then select the "Playstation Plus" option again and it will show you when your subscription starts and ends.  Since I have now recieved 2.5 years ($49.99 X 2) worth of Plus subscriptions, my expiry date is 2.5 years after when I first signed up.

I hope this helps anyone on the fence about losing their free content or any other issues.  I was a bit skeptical because there wasn't much info posted here, but I have a hunch that the bonus 3 months is going to end after the Spring Sale (which is why I renewed now instead of later).  This is due to both the cloud service introduction and how many people are going to sign up because of it.

If anyone needs has any questions or needs clarification, just post here.

so... did you just go to the store and purchase another PS+ subscription, which effectively renewed your old subscription?

Message 19 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Apr 10, 2011

Not sure I understand everything but if your sub expires 5/10 and you renew with a three month offer, you will extend your sub thru 8/10. However all of your old content will still show 5/10 as expiry because at the time you accessed it, that's when your license was set for. On 5/11, you can redownload it and it will now show 8/10.

Message 20 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes