Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: When renewing PS+ early... (some questions confirmed, early renewal is safe and worth it!)

Apr 10, 2011

Actually, you don't have to wait until 5/10 to redownload your free items.  If you just go an redownload them all right now, but cancel the download before it finishes, that should update the expiration date to 8/10.  It worked for me at least.

Message 21 of 25 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Re: When renewing PS+ early... (some questions confirmed, early renewal is safe and worth it!)

Apr 10, 2011

TomHoang wrote:

Actually, you don't have to wait until 5/10 to redownload your free items.  If you just go an redownload them all right now, but cancel the download before it finishes, that should update the expiration date to 8/10.  It worked for me at least.

didnt work for me and calling sony they said thats just how it works my trail time with it was over and the expiry date wont renew.

emailing them they said that my content should have been extended and whatever but i haven't checked since my ps3 stopped working tuesday night, and they took 4 days to respond to my email so I won't even bother caring anymore about the few games I lost.

Of all of them LBP was the only one that I could renew, the rest I couldn't redownload even if they were still on the store, they just had a blue bag in front of them instead. Oh and by the way my PS3 died 2 hours after they expired, the very power on I did since.. coincidence?

I also wonder about Stacking. I got it free with PS+, and it had no expiry date. But it also is not in my downloads list or anything so I cant redownload. Now I'm wondering if I get a new PS3 (I'm going to keep and transfer the HDD, it's 250GB) how will I get Stacking to it.

Message 22 of 25 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4187 posts

Apr 10, 2011

why are you people re-downloading things that you've already downloaded as a PS+ member? they are quite clear in their stipulations that any free game you obtain as a PS+ member will stay as long as you're a PS+ subscriber.  nothing you download will "expire" and disappear if you renew your PS+ subscription.

@ paynekiller1509:

if you use the back-up utility, everything that is on your current HDD will be transferred to the new HDD (including copy prohibited saved data, as i just found out since i just upgraded my PS3's HDD).  the only thing you have to do once your back-up has been restored on the new HDD is go to account management and activate the PS3.

Message 23 of 25 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2015

Hi,

My PlayStation Plus subcription ends in less than seven weeks or so. I've bought a new card, and I was wondering if I could renew it using my wallet funds right now and not worry to renew it on the day it expires. Or do I have to renew it on the exact day it expires because it might void the seven weeks that I have left on my current subscription? Thanks.

Message 24 of 25 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1247 posts

Jun 12, 2015

Please make sure a thread is current/active before responding and necrobumping. This thread is now locked. Send a message to the PS forum mods if you have any questions about threads being locked.

Message 25 of 25 (128 Views)