Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
20 posts

Re: When did all of this 'Sharing' become necessary?

Feb 8, 2014

Sharing is not necessary. All of that is optional.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Feb 8, 2014
I totally agree, I very much doubt I will ever use any of the sharing features, I find them pointless and a waste.. But that's just me, if people like it and want to use it great.. I do however have a problem with the "it's optional" argument because the system automatically records the last 15 minutes of play whether you use sharing it not... That should be optional.. It should ONLY record if you want it to, and have an option in settings to turn it on or off.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7752 posts

Feb 8, 2014

When you set up your ps4. Simple just by pass al the social media settings and its done. you can go online, play games. Use PS Store and PSN and ther will be no social media posts or info coming from or too you e Ps4. Optional and you can out of the box tell the PS4 you dont want it. Its not forced apon any one to use. I myself like it. If a new game I havnt played yet is out. I can watch a stream or two to see if I like it or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Feb 8, 2014

DoMortas wrote:
I totally agree, I very much doubt I will ever use any of the sharing features, I find them pointless and a waste.. But that's just me, if people like it and want to use it great.. I do however have a problem with the "it's optional" argument because the system automatically records the last 15 minutes of play whether you use sharing it not... That should be optional.. It should ONLY record if you want it to, and have an option in settings to turn it on or off.

Yes, the PS4 automatically records your gameplay in 15 minute chunks (each 15 minute chunk is about 750-900MB).  And you can easily delete the recorded footage through the menu.  It's not like recording the gameplay is using a fatal amount of HDD space, anyway (I think the automatic record feature is capped at about 10% of your drive space.  If the automatic recording gets to about 50GB, it will stop recording.  Once that happens, the PS4 will only record when you manually start recording.

I don't use the recorded footage much, but there are times when I'm actually glad it is there.  I will probably use it a lot more when 1) youtube uploading is supported, 2) the PS4 allows for longer clips via manual start and 3) video editing is improved.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Feb 8, 2014
This is probably the most kudos thread I've seen
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Feb 8, 2014

I am not into this whole social thing either. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Feb 8, 2014

WalterDWormack wrote:

I am NOT a so-called GAMER.  I did not buy my my Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, consoles with the intention of being part Sony's attempt to create videogame 'social network'.  What I do on my consoles is NO ONES BUSINESS.  So why does Sony feel they have the right to broadcast my program activity to this 'community'?   When I purchase my Playstation 4, I will avoid this 'social experiment', like the plague it is.  

It just seems to me the whole idea of just having fun, just went 'rond the bowl, an' down the hole', when the damned 'merit badge' thing was brought into the picture. And before that, some 'butt-cheek' introduced the idea to play online. 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Feb 8, 2014
Im getting a PS4 to play MY games. I understand your points OP. Yet, I dont mind having social features I may use once or twice month...maybe. I plan to turn the features off and just play my games. Its all optional anyway so I dont care that its there.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

DoMortas wrote:

Yes, the PS4 automatically records your gameplay in 15 minute chunks (each 15 minute chunk is about 750-900MB).  And you can easily delete the recorded footage through the menu.  It's not like recording the gameplay is using a fatal amount of HDD space, anyway (I think the automatic record feature is capped at about 10% of your drive space.  If the automatic recording gets to about 50GB, it will stop recording.  Once that happens, the PS4 will only record when you manually start recording.

I don't use the recorded footage much, but there are times when I'm actually glad it is there.  I will probably use it a lot more when 1) youtube uploading is supported, 2) the PS4 allows for longer clips via manual start and 3) video editing is improved.

this thread is ridiculous I don't even own a PS4 yet and even I know you don't HAVE to share ANYTHING..... but I have to agree with that part of his post you highlighted.  There better be a way to turn off recording completely. I dont' want it wasting hard drive space, especially with the mandatory installs even with discs. Average ~35 gigs per game.....   (and from what I've read you only have 408 GB to work with because of the OS and stuff, not 500) you can only fit like 10-12 games. If you can't keep it from recording when you dont' CARE about sharign gameplay and it's wasting like 50 gigs..... that's just wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (156 Views)
0 Likes