Feb 18 2014
By: silentchiloner First Son 24 posts

When Will The Record Footage Be Fixed?

[ Edited ]
29 replies 181 views Edited Feb 18, 2014

When do you think the PS4 will actually record the last 15 minutes of gameplay automatically without us having to double tap the share button. If you dont do that you random footage saved which is useless.

On the other hand when will we be able to edit footage like upload studio on the XB1? I like that feature on the XB1 (One of the rare things I do like about it)

Edit: Updated label & subject title. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/... -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 30 (181 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Re: When will the record footage be fixed?

Feb 18, 2014

That is why they gave us the share button.  Record what we want, when we want.  Personally I could do without the whole auto recording.  I hate having stuff clog up my system.  And those vidoes start to take up a ton of space.  I had maybe three vidoes that totaled 25 mins and it took up a gig of space. 

Message 2 of 30 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Re: When Will The Record Footage Be Fixed?

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

I don't think it would actually be considered a fix since you already have the option to manually do it. I'm pretty sure sony is working hard to fix larger issues if any. I hope you can enjoy the new feature regardless of your current thoughts on how it operates.

The PS3 has a similar editor so I have no doubts about the PS4 receiving one as well if it hasn't already.

www.twitch.tv/jbug08
Youtube.com/jlt2008
Message 3 of 30 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
426 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Hopefully after they've gotten the last of their major console launches out of the way, we can see the features get improved.

I hope this one is a priority, as it is one of the console's main features, and it's really annoying to have an awesome round of Battlefield 4, hit the Share button, and get a 15 minute recording from an hour and a half ago.

Message 4 of 30 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Agreed.

I've had a few really good Battlefield 4 matches I wanted to keep, only to have it give me footage from several matches ago. Bummer.

I thought all you had to do was press the share button & it saved the last 15 min? Also, what if you press the share button, take a screen shoot, or video, & you don't actually upload it at that moment? It gives you no option to go back later & upload any of the saved files?

Anyone?

Message 5 of 30 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
426 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Not 100% sure of this, but you should be able to just hit the Share button, it'll record the video or the screenshot, then you can just back out back into your game.

I've done this a few times and... well, if there wasn't this problem, I think it'd work.

Message 6 of 30 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12758 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Trioptical wrote:

Not 100% sure of this, but you should be able to just hit the Share button, it'll record the video or the screenshot, then you can just back out back into your game.

I've done this a few times and... well, if there wasn't this problem, I think it'd work.

The problem being:

Let's say you play for 2 hours. The VERY LAST MATCH you played, you did very well, and so you want to share it.

You press the Share button to share what just happened.

But instead of giving you the last 15 minutes of those 2 hours, it gives you the FIRST 15 minutes.

People might say "But you can still manually record".

But sometimes things happen that you didn't expect. Manually recording requires you to hit record BEFORE the fact. If something cool happens in-game (like some cool glitch), then there's no way to share it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 30 (135 Views)
PlayStation MVP
360 posts

Feb 18, 2014

It seems to work on some games but not on others for me, it's kind of bizarre. I just want HDCP to get removed so I can hook my Elgato up to my PS4 and start using that to make videos on a more consistent basis.

Message 8 of 30 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Feb 18, 2014

silentchiloner wrote:

When do you think the PS4 will actually record the last 15 minutes of gameplay automatically without us having to double tap the share button.

I think you're misunderstanding how this feature works.  The PS4 always records the last 15 minutes of footage, but it doesn't save it to the harddrive until you hit the share button.

Message 9 of 30 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12758 posts

Feb 18, 2014
No, he's saying that when he hits share, to share what just happened, it gives him a video file of the first 15 minutes he played, instead of the last 15.

Which happens to me all the time
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 30 (112 Views)