Sep 26 2012
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

What would make Vita a must buy for me.

8 replies 232 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

This Handheld is $250, that's not scratch for me by any stretch of the imagination, and it also makes me not look at this handheld like a handheld but more of a Home console, with ON the GO functions.  As I said before I'm deciding between the WiiU and Vita for Christmas, so I'll list what makes this more attactive for me in order of importance and I basically did this adversely on the Nintendo WiiU forum.

1. GAIKAI/PC games on VITA: If the VITA was the first Sony console to take advantage of the GAIKAI service, Then I think gamers not just myself would instant favor the VITA for it's potential PC game streaming. PLANETSIDE 2 on the VITA would be irresistable for me.

2. More New and Original EXCLUSIVE games: Let me clarify by saying they don't all have to be completely new and original, but games we haven't seen on the PS3 or only seen at the begining of the Gen, like a Folklore sequel or Syphon Filter game, yet and still some new and original ones like Gravity Rush/Soul Sacrifice are necessary, get those studios that have been quite all this Gen working on some of that.

3. More and better Online Gaming: As soon as I see 8 v 8 multiplayer(if that's possible) my mind will be blown, 4v4 is minimal, but atleast it's something. So more modes and more players will make the online awesome.

4. Projecting/Streaming Vita games onto your TV: I'm strange(I guess), playing ON THE GO is actually secondary for me, I don't care that much for cooky/casual or small handheld games, I want great big games, and I want to be able to play them with the vita(maybe as a secondary screen) on my TV.

5. More Remote Play Features: I don't know how Sony would do this, but I guess Sony would have to adhere to the TV streaming idea,  unless they expect people to buy 2 copies of a game or maybe they'll do the buy 1 get 2 deal, but you can't sell a PS3 game expecting that people have the Vita to be able to play it, you would probably have to do the opposite.

6. R2/L2 case: I see this has already been discussed...

Message 1 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: What would make Vita a must buy for me.

Sep 26, 2012

Go get a Nintendo...

Message 2 of 9 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I got an idea dont buy a psvita and dont make stupid posts about your dream gaming handeld do what chris terror said go get a nintendo
Message 3 of 9 (222 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Heresy! Vita is so much more worthwhile. Just wait for the 4G LTE version, preliminary documents are @ FCC.

Just wait...
Message 4 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Oct 28, 2012

1. I don't think that's happening

2. well there's (as you mentioned) Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush, there's also gonna be Teraway, if you wanna count the exclusive Assassins Creed 3 and Killzone games that are coming out also, God Eater 2 is exclusive to the PSVITA and PSP, I really can't name any other games really, you'll just have to wait for E3 next year or something

3. Killzone Mercenary might have what you like, Playstation All-Stars is pretty **bleep** addicting, LittleBgPlanet has some pretty cool online gameplay, again, not really sure what other games honestly since Multiplayer never interests me

4. some games (like LittleBigPlanet 2) use the second screen feature you mentioned, but streaming the Vita on your TV is not gonna happen unless they release a new model PSVITA like they did with the PSP slim

5. Remote play (like they did with the God of War and ICO games) is really cool and I hope they do that with more games, I would love to play Metal Gear Solid 4 on my vita, but honestly, is it THAT necessary? 

6. I do agree with you on that, the back touch screen is annoying, maybe a third party company might make something

Message 5 of 9 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I'd say you just wait 2-3 years, or don't get a Vita at all.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 6 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

I agree even as an owner of a vita. I got mine through the sony vaio promotion. I would never pay 250 for it. It is more of a paper weight than a portable system. There are some good games but the overall experience with it has been a disappointment. This is my personal opinion you might feel different about it.

Message 7 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

AlphaSixInsight wrote:
Heresy! Vita is so much more worthwhile. Just wait for the 4G LTE version, preliminary documents are @ FCC.

Just wait...

YAY! I can't wait to pay like $100 just to play my Vita on the go every month 4G LTE for the Win!

I am being very sarcastic sorry. Even with the data caps, you will never be able to use "Cell Phone" internet heavily for gaming unless you are ok with constantly paying overage charges or having your speed crippled because you constantly go over your monthly data cap. Most plans just aren't that good.

Keep 4G away from the Vita please.. 3G is quite useless almost as it is, I know some get use out of it but the question is do they really need that use?

Message 8 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

Here is my take. The Wii U is cheap here is why and it won't last like usual.

Nintendo is cheap, they cut production cost even though they make more money gaming wise than any other company in gaming right now. Nintendo isn't worried about being the best, they are worried about making money while they can. Sony is gaming wise, you even mentioned their efforts to prove that, you know about them buying Gaikai and you know the future potential Sony has in gaming with just that alone.

The DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS and 3DS XL are direct proof that Nintendo only cares about selling a device while they can not making one that will last, seriously between all those models there is not much difference at all between them especially not build wise. I could understand the DS being the first model but to see it remade over 6x and still not have a second analog is not a company I am willing to invest in anymore.

Sorry, the Gamecube, the Wii and the horrible DS being remade so many times has warned me enough about the Wii U.

The 3DS brand new first released was $250 which I think many forgot, it sold so horribly they cut the price by $80 dollars immediately, If you can't see the difference in quality between a Vita and 3DS I feel sorry for you.

I can promise you sadly the Wii U is no different, as interested as I am to see Nintendo I guess finally catching up even though they haven't really the Wii U is cheap.

The Vita has multitouch and is $50 dollars cheaper than the Wii U, the Wii U's whole new experience is supposed to rely mainly on the new big touch pad right? Then why the hell did Nintendo cut cost during production once again to make a cheap touch device that doens't support multi-touch?

When I honestly heard the Wii U's controller had no mutli-touch I was reminded of that bad taste Nintendo has left in my mouth with all their gimmicks. Let me guess, just like everything else they will cut production cost, then sell an add on later or a completely new controller you will have to buy separately that will support multi-touch.

I am sorry but I am not having it and I already know from a realistic point of view, just like the Wii is dead the Wii U will be dead in a matter of a year and half when the 720 and PS4 are kicking off, sadly that is just what will happen. Once those are released I can promise you Nintendo's Wii U will once again seem old because technically it is.

They just caught up to 7 year old systems and offer nothing new other than graphics you could find on two systems 7 years old now for way cheaper than the Wii U. So why would you pay just to mainly play the same games your gonna play on Wii that may not even support HD or the same games that were released on 360 or PS3 ages ago like Batman...

Another horrible thing about the Wii U, not all the games will even support full HD. I just truly don't see the Wii U lasting from a stand point based on how much gaming will change in a year or two. There is just no way a system that mimics 7 year old ones, will stand a chance it just can't.

Technology is growing too fast and to think the 720 or the PS4 will use old hardware like the Wii U is would be a joke for them to even release something so similar to what they already have, Nintendo may do that and even though I don't like Microsoft too much either even they don't do that nor does Sony.

I just can't find a legitimate reason to honestly see the Wii U as a good investment.

Message 9 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes