Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: What will happen after march to you guys?

Feb 13, 2014

15 to 20-million, you say? Does Microsoft even have that many Xbox One units currently waiting to be bought in stores or out there roaming the wilds inside peoples' homes? I very much doubt that will be the case. Sony probably doesn't even have that many PlayStation 4s in production yet. The sales figures for Titanfall may very well help boost the Xbox One's numbers in some capacity, but you also have to account for the other platforms the game is heading to.

Both the Xbox 360 and PC will see Titanfall land in their midst. If you own one or all three systems, it's up to the consumer to buy the game where they will. At this point more people have Xbox 360s than they do Xbox One. And even more people have PCs. But, naturally not everyone who owns an Xbox One or any of these particular platforms has their heart set out on playing the game. While the game has the potential to be a strong seller, it's highly doubtful that your vision of the future will come true.

Message 11 of 16 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Re: What will happen after March to you guys?

Feb 13, 2014
First of all, Titanfall is online only which makes it a niche game. Online only retail games never do exceptionally well which is why even Battlefield adopted a campaign after Modern Combat and is why Activision won't drop the campaign from COD.

Secondly, if I really wanted to play Titanfall, I have a 360 and a laptop more then capable of running it. I just don't see any innovation not to mention all those bots pretty much defeats the purpouse of online multiplayer.
Message 12 of 16 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Well halo is regarded as the best game of all time, it was a system seller. I understand, since ps4 is not capable of running titanfall due to its inferior servers and controller, its not a reason to bash it. Just buy an xbox one, or trade your ps4s in for one. We all know  50-75% of current ps4 owners will be trading theirs in for x1, so dont delay the enivadble. 

Message 13 of 16 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Feb 13, 2014
I watched some live streams and I can really not see this taking Halo, or any other games spot. I might get an xbox one in the future, but I won't be trading in my PS4, and it won't be for Titanfall either.
Message 14 of 16 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Yup I think everyone ryone wants to dump there more powerful ps4 so we can play a online only game against the computer! Sounds awesome! Where is the nearest GameStop so I can go gram a xbone before there gone!
Message 15 of 16 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
184 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I'm locking this thread, since it seems to have been created as a means to incite flaming and I think we all have the foresight of where this thread was heading.

Message 16 of 16 (231 Views)