Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: What will be your first PS4 Game purchase?

Jul 27, 2013

motell6 wrote:

tbh im going to get the ps4 bare and play the demos...im not in love with any of the launch games...ill be riding my newly acquired PS+ but ill probably snag destiny as the first game

That's a bold move - Destiny isn't due out until at least January.  :/

I've said it before elsewhere (and, for whatever reason, these threads will not die), but, here you go:

Watch_Dogs was technically my first PS4 purchase.  I'm not opening the poster until I play the game.  If the game is as good as it purports to be, I will frame the poster.  If it isn't, I will sell it on eBay.  Smiley Very Happy

Battlefield 4 is a purchase directly affected by PS+.  Had i not gotten my hands on BF3 for free, I may not have the enthusiasm for this title that I do.  The companion app, Battlelog, is heavily influencing me to get a tablet, despite having the Galaxy S4 - which is basically an ulta-powered mini-tablet that makes phone calls.  That is a huge statement.  BF4 seems to really be innovating.

Driveclub (PS+ edition) is not as obvious as you might think.  I am a huge Burnout fan, and, with no new Burnout game on the horizon, this will fit the bill of needing to drive for a while.

inFamous: Second Son and Destiny are also on my "launch window" list. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 31 of 59 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

Jul 27, 2013

I'm getting Knack and Killzone at launch date but the first game i will play will be Knack because it reminds me of Crash Bandicoot lol. Anyways im pretty excited for the ps4 launch i preordered mine from sony store online.

Message 32 of 59 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

motell6 wrote:

tbh im going to get the ps4 bare and play the demos...im not in love with any of the launch games...ill be riding my newly acquired PS+ but ill probably snag destiny as the first game

That's a bold move - Destiny isn't due out until at least January.  :/

I've said it before elsewhere (and, for whatever reason, these threads will not die), but, here you go:

Watch_Dogs was technically my first PS4 purchase.  I'm not opening the poster until I play the game.  If the game is as good as it purports to be, I will frame the poster.  If it isn't, I will sell it on eBay.  Smiley Very Happy

Battlefield 4 is a purchase directly affected by PS+.  Had i not gotten my hands on BF3 for free, I may not have the enthusiasm for this title that I do.  The companion app, Battlelog, is heavily influencing me to get a tablet, despite having the Galaxy S4 - which is basically an ulta-powered mini-tablet that makes phone calls.  That is a huge statement.  BF4 seems to really be innovating.

Driveclub (PS+ edition) is not as obvious as you might think.  I am a huge Burnout fan, and, with no new Burnout game on the horizon, this will fit the bill of needing to drive for a while.

inFamous: Second Son and Destiny are also on my "launch window" list. Smiley Happy

ps4 comes out essentially for jan and destiny is a 6 month wait...i feel like i could pass the time in the PSN easily with trails demos and indies.. nonetheless the games im excited about just arent here yet...im interested in seeing EA UFC and Madden but im far for wasting my money every year on them anymore so the demos will do the work, ill get my hands on elder scrolls for sure...other than that i wait for more details on games i will probably get like SW battlefront, lords of the fallen and just the waiting next gen game developement on uncharted/last of us series and if anybody picks up resistance

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 33 of 59 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Launch Day PS4
PS+
PS Camera
Madden 25

Until NBA 2K14 Comes Out.
Message 34 of 59 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jul 27, 2013

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
Launch Day PS4
PS+
PS Camera
Madden 25

NBA2K14 is a launch title I believe.

First game for me will be Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

PS Vita Games in 2014: The Ultimate List -
http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/ps-vita-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list.615/
Message 35 of 59 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6000 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Message 36 of 59 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jul 27, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Borshay wrote:

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
Launch Day PS4
PS+
PS Camera
Madden 25

NBA2K14 is a launch title I believe.

First game for me will be Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

It's a launch title alright Smiley Wink!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

I'm really excited for 2K14 (Remote Play!!) but they haven't really talked about the next-gen version. I'm always concerned that crossgen sports games will result in another early PS3 Madden games.

PS Vita Games in 2014: The Ultimate List -
http://forums.playstationlifestyle.net/threads/ps-vita-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list.615/
Message 37 of 59 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Well If Its A Luanch Title I Will Be Playing It, Last I Looked There Was No Release Date For Next Gen Consoles.
Message 38 of 59 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Killzone Shadowfall, Knack and Driveclub.

Message 39 of 59 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Battlefield 4, then probably COD, Grand Turismo 6. Then Later next year Tom Clancy's The Division..

Message 40 of 59 (154 Views)
0 Likes