Feb 10 2013
By: circa115 First Son 20 posts

What the Vita needs right now.

[ Edited ]
11 replies 228 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Sigh I havnt picked my vita up ever since last november due to lack of games and college. But finally ive decided to play a bit of black ops declassified online today and finally decided to catch up on the Vita scene. Dissapointment, no good games comming out, I mean Sony screwed Sony. 

They are ignoring the Vita way too much, what i think can save the Vita and Sony's rear end right now is more third party games. Some ports may be nice there and there but i honestly think the Vita should get its own version third party game, or some odd reason i think PhantomPain is the Metal Gear  game for the Vita. The vita can start also using some more first party game like a God Of War and maybe a new Uncharted but they have to be direct sequels, not just spin offs, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Portable Ops were very succesful in being Direct Sequels that had something to do with the Metal Gear story. But just for kicks i think im not alone on this but i think a lot of people including me would love to see a Dissidia 3 for the Vita, I mean how many devlopers actually say this is the last game of a good succesful game and then out of nowhere release another sequel.  

They can also drop the price on the Vita, I mean $200 for wifi will be a good price and $240 for 3g. They can also drop the price for the memory sticks. I mean seriously i have a lot of digital copies of games on my psn account and i cant fit more then 1 digital copie on my vita due to how unsufficient a 4gb memory stick is for patches.  Im not convinced yet to spend money on a 8 gb or any higher, i rather be paying for my Lifetime Fitness membership.

But honestly Sony, step up your game, i have friends who havnt even touch their vita in a long time too because the lack of support from you to the Vita.

Message 1 of 12 (228 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: What the Vita needs right now.

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

You must be new here. Smiley Happy

We hear you and we agree with you. This topic is brought up pretty much every day on these forums in some sort of thread. You're not alone in your thoughts.

That being said, there *are* good titles coming out this year (Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa, Teraway to name a few). Until then, we are praying Sony makes big announcements regarding the Vita on Feb. 20th when they announce the PS4 (or whatever the heck they are going to announce).

Message 2 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Feb 10, 2013

What the Psvita needs is for you to stop whining and start buying some of its amazing games like Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Ragnarok Odyssey, Uncharted Golde Abyss, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gravity Rush, Pesona 4, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Wipeout 2048, Escape Plan or others, how about that? have you played those games yet? 

Message 3 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Even if he hasn't played all those games (and it is debatable that some of those are "amazing", that's subject to personal preferences), the PSV needs a price drop on both the system and memcards so people will start buying it~.

I do agree that the periodic whining got old long ago though~.
Message 4 of 12 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Feb 10, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Even if he hasn't played all those games (and it is debatable that some of those are "amazing", that's subject to personal preferences), the PSV needs a price drop on both the system and memcards so people will start buying it~.

I do agree that the periodic whining got old long ago though~.

I think the system should get a $199.99 price and 32 gb memory should cost $49.99. 32gb psvita for $249.99

Message 5 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Feb 10, 2013
a price cut for the memory cards would be nice
Message 6 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

circa115 wrote:

Sigh I havnt picked my vita up ever since last november due to lack of games and college. But finally ive decided to play a bit of black ops declassified online today and finally decided to catch up on the Vita scene. Dissapointment, no good games comming out, I mean Sony screwed Sony. 

They are ignoring the Vita way too much, what i think can save the Vita and Sony's rear end right now is more third party games. Some ports may be nice there and there but i honestly think the Vita should get its own version third party game, or some odd reason i think PhantomPain is the Metal Gear  game for the Vita. The vita can start also using some more first party game like a God Of War and maybe a new Uncharted but they have to be direct sequels, not just spin offs, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Portable Ops were very succesful in being Direct Sequels that had something to do with the Metal Gear story. But just for kicks i think im not alone on this but i think a lot of people including me would love to see a Dissidia 3 for the Vita, I mean how many devlopers actually say this is the last game of a good succesful game and then out of nowhere release another sequel.  

They can also drop the price on the Vita, I mean $200 for wifi will be a good price and $240 for 3g. They can also drop the price for the memory sticks. I mean seriously i have a lot of digital copies of games on my psn account and i cant fit more then 1 digital copie on my vita due to how unsufficient a 4gb memory stick is for patches.  Im not convinced yet to spend money on a 8 gb or any higher, i rather be paying for my Lifetime Fitness membership.

But honestly Sony, step up your game, i have friends who havnt even touch their vita in a long time too because the lack of support from you to the Vita.

I'll agree with you there in many ways,man.Smiley Wink

To say something is not "whining" (according to others here) and you are speaking the truth very wholeheartedly! :smileyhappy :Smiley Wink   I applaud you for doing it. Smiley Happy

Some here seem to be rather jaded and too critical of other members for me and all.What the Hell is the Vita Forum here for?Gee,I think,

it is here to discuss the Vita and it's games,isn't it?  Smiley Surprised Or,and I wrong in that thought or assumption?LOL

Some say they don't care about others thoughts on Vita and the games for it,why in the Hell do they come here or keep coming back here to it?? :smileyindifferent :Smiley Frustrated Stop flaming other folks for their views and opinions here guys.Maybe,no one cares to hear your crap about flaming everyone else! Smiley Mad  What gives?Respect your elders and sages and fellow gamers here.How many of you naysayers and flamers here are mods or webmasters?Very many?None?

Hell,let other speak up once-in-a-while. Smiley Wink

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 12 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Heisem wrote:

^This is the only thing I agree with.

WiFi bundles are often on sale for $200, so I don't see the need for a price cut there.

Games are a matter of opinion, but as was stated, we do have Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, and Killzone: Merc coming this year, all Vita exclusives, not to mention that the just-released Sly Cooper is a great game for Vita at a great price.

Message 8 of 12 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7385 posts

Feb 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Heisem wrote:

^This is the only thing I agree with.

WiFi bundles are often on sale for $200, so I don't see the need for a price cut there.

Games are a matter of opinion, but as was stated, we do have Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, and Killzone: Merc coming this year, all Vita exclusives, not to mention that the just-released Sly Cooper is a great game for Vita at a great price.

I have no idea what some of these newbies want with the psvita, i mean the system has gotten a lot of big franchises and new IPs this year, granted sony needs to try to have better third party support but i understand this is vita's first year, its not likely to get all big games in the first year, i dont think games is the problem in the west but price, nintendo had to do a big price drop in the first year ($80) for a system less capable, i think sony needs that price drop ASAP and of course better third party support and while we do have some pretty exciting games coming soon i think sony needs to announce more at their Feb20th event( hopefully is not all about ps4) but the vita for a first year in the market has a pretty decent library already.  Sony needs to drop the prices on memory cards (32gb should be no more than $49.99) and needs better advertising, heck i have never seen a psvita ad on TV. 

Message 9 of 12 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Just because some stores slash the price, doesn't mean $200 is the official price. Fact is, the wifi bundles cost $249.99 (plus expenses of a memcard because the 4GB one is a joke). If Sony makes it official and every single store in the World sells the Wifi bundle at $200, then that's a price cut. So yes, the price needs to be dropped~.

Message 10 of 12 (115 Views)