First Son
20 posts

Re: What size TV are you playing your games on?

May 21, 2014

For at least the last 5 years I've been gaming on a 46" Panasonic plasma. Recently, I moved my PS4 and PS3s to my Asus MX279H (27") and I'm loving it! I'm thinking I enjoy playing on a smaller screen for some reason; maybe it's the quality of the monitor.

Message 41 of 130 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
888 posts

May 21, 2014

100 inch Samsung Curved 4K

Message 42 of 130 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

May 21, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:

Well I love my plasma, the contrast is beautiful. The ps3 and ps4 games look great. No disappointments with my TV.

Only regret is, its a plasma. if you play a game long enough , you will get an image burn-in.  The burn-in will fade away after use (if you play something  different on the screen).  But if you play COD like 30hrs a day 9days a week.  The things that always stay on the screen, will NEVER go away.  Perfect example.  Our plasma at work is always tuned to CNN. Now because of the CNN logo always being displayed on the bottom right of the screen, it is always there.  Even when playing a commercial or another station.  It will always show CNN very noticeable.

If you are looking for a gaming TV I would strongly suggest anything other than a plasma.  Because of the image burn-in, and they run a lot cooler.  Plasma's do get warm, and if you have a small room with bad airflow, it will warm up the room in the summer.

thanks @spyder_21 i should look for an LED then? im looking for something around the 6-800 dollar range and for gaming mainly

Message 43 of 130 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25346 posts

May 21, 2014

tollett wrote:

MIA_Philly wrote:

tollett wrote:

50" plasma and I don't care about numbers, I care about gameplay.

and i honestly respect that and can see both sides of the argument but at what point DO you care about graphics? PS6 looking like PS2 games? you still don't care? i doubt you will be saying the same thing. the only reason why movies are shot in imax and tvs are now coming in 4K is because people DO care about how things look. you dont expect your new 5000 dollar tv to look like an old black and white rabbit ears tv..

I never said I didn't care how it looked, I said I don't care about numbers.  People obsess about numbers, as if hitting an arbitrary number is the difference between a game being good or not, even if they can't possibly tell the difference with the naked eye.  To me, if it looks good, it looks good.  If a game sucks, but looks great, it still sucks and I have no interest in it.

oh yea by all means. a great looking game that plays like poop is most certainly poop. also if the graphics can't be seen i have no problem with it. reason i kinda brought this up was because of watch dogs. you can CLEARLY see the difference in the PS4 version and the PC demo they have been showing us for years. It went from looking like true next gen to early last gen when they finally showed the PS4 gameplay. It was very jarring to go from a game that looked that great to almost GTA graphics on PS3.. 

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 44 of 130 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25346 posts

May 21, 2014

GottiJr wrote:

honestly you have that 80 thousand dollar TV? pics of your set up please and how far back do you sit from it?

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 45 of 130 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

@koster447

$600 - $800 is a very reasonable price range. You can get a nice TV for that price.

Main factors are

1. How big do you want it, or should I ssay, what is the smallest you want your TV.

2.  How far are you sitting from your TV?  I am sitting about 4-5 feet from my 54" and it seems perfect distance.  It depends on your eyesight.  Closer you are the smaller you can get.  Farther away then the worst it is for gaming.  Won't be able to detect small moving things on the screen.

3. Do you want it to play 3D?

Those are 3 things you have to think about. Then from there is just pricing and comparing TVs.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 46 of 130 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25346 posts

May 22, 2014

My wife got me this last year when I got my Midnight release PS4

VIZIO - E-Series 70" Class (69-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - Smart - HDTV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-e-series-70-class-69-1-2-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/7172054....

not the most powerful TV on the planet but it does look really good. I want an 80" but i will have to wait for that..

Get your Portable ID!
Message 47 of 130 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2146 posts

May 22, 2014

MIA_Philly wrote:

GottiJr wrote:

honestly you have that 80 thousand dollar TV? pics of your set up please and how far back do you sit from it?

If so waste of money.  For that I would of invested in a sweet projector.  Gaming on a 500" screen vs a 100".  Ooooh man.  

I use to game on a projector, it was way cool.  The screen filled my 8' high, 10' wide wall.  Was it overkill..  Hello NO!.  But the bulb burnt out and ever got a new one.  Only paid a few hundred for the projector so no big loss.  It was cool to experiment with.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 48 of 130 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 22, 2014

Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 3D 1080p projector on a 100" screen Smiley Happy

It can go up to double that screen size without losing much quality if any, but my living room cant support that! I was really surprised at the image quality, its insane!

Message 49 of 130 (179 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

May 22, 2014

We play on a Sony  Projector. Only 720p, though most people comment that it looks better than their 1080p TVs.  ( It's all in the calibration.)  Screen size is 125". Four recliner theater couch about 12 feet away, so it's big.

Waiting for the Sony 4K projectors to come down in price before I finally upgrade.

Message 50 of 130 (177 Views)
0 Likes