Oct 30 2012
By: TengHu First Son 18 posts

What's wrong with you, SONY?

7 replies 379 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

Seriously? What's the problem? You have a Day 1 Digital program yet customers won't receive their pre-ordered titles until the store updates. What's the point of the service if I can't download the game at midnight? If that's the case, wouldn't it be easier to just go out and buy the game from a media outlet?

Here's my dilemma. Pretty sure most people have heard about Hurricane Sandy affecting the east coast. Well I live in Brooklyn so that means Sandy's right outside at the moment. Thanks to Sandy, I've got two PAID days off from work and no classes until Wednesday. I was hoping to have downloaded AC3 by Tuesday morning so I can play while I'm home but I guess that's not going to happen. Thanks to you, SONY, I having the worst days off in history.

I think it's stupid that the store updates in the evening. What sense does that make? Why not update at 12AM every day that way customers have access to new content first thing in the morning. For lack of this feature, the Day 1 Digital program has truly failed. It sounds great on paper, but once you experience it, it's the worst service you'll ever have. To make this even more stupid, how come the EU store has features that the US doesn't. Like predownloading a game ahead of the release date and unlocking it on the game's release day? Isn't that the core of the Day 1 Digital program? How come it's not available everywhere else?

I'm starting to really consider if SONY is something I should invest my money in. I'm a PS+ Subscriber, and so far I'm not impressed with the features. The only thing that comes in handy is the automatic sync to the server and backing up of my save files. The free games suck. The offers suck. And so far the service sucks.

What am I paying you guys for?

Playstation Realms
Message 1 of 8 (379 Views)
Wastelander
634 posts

Re: What's wrong with you, SONY?

Oct 30, 2012
Didn't know that about the Day 1 Digital. Thanks for the info. But regarding the EU store. Its the same version we should be getting very soon. They just delayed its release here because of major bugs they found after they released it in other regions. Sony was just trying to give us a superior product without the hassle of the issues the other regions are having. If they didn't do that you most likely would be posting complaints that the new store isn't working right. Lol! P.L.U.R! Btw i'm in upstate NY. Stay safe and best wishes during the storm.
Message 2 of 8 (349 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Soooo is PSN down at the moment??
Message 3 of 8 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I agree with the OP.

I'm not under the ill effects of a hurricane, but I think its pretty lame that Sony can't pull off an effective day 1 digital launch in 2012. I had a bunch of credit card problems buying Most Wanted (to the point where I had to buy PSN prepaid cards - seriously aggravating) and now I can't even play it on launch day.

No pre-loading? Not available for midnight download? The only reason I wanted it on PSN was so it would be installed on my hard drive to cut load times. Next time I should just get it on my xbox and install it.
Message 4 of 8 (280 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Oct 30, 2012

AC3 did have a midnight (Pacfic) release today.  NFS did not, and will be available when the PS Store updates later today.  Thanks for the feedback on this, though.  It's apprecaited.

If you pre-ordered AC3 head to the store now and start your download (11GB), if you are holding on for NFS, there's just a bit more to wait while the Store updates.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 5 of 8 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 30, 2012

A bit more wait?  The PS store doesn't update here until 6 or 7pm CST.  Again it is my fault for having a high expectation for digital distribution, but I am severly disappointed in this program and will NEVER buy a full retail release on PSN again.

Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 30, 2012

thats some bs we paid to have it on midnight on the release date not for the afternoon or the next day

Message 7 of 8 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Oct 31, 2012

As I said in another thread, nowhere on the store or in the game description does it say it would be available on day one at midnight. Though Iagree with. You that it should be preloaded and unlocked at  midnight it isn't Sony's fault that you misunderstood.

Message 8 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes