First Son
4 posts

Re: What's wrong with my ps3?

Nov 12, 2010

What's wrong you ask... They will not produce electronics now a days that they do not make defective from the start.  A lot of electronics fail because of faulty power supplies.  I have about $20,000 worth of electronics, home theater systems (one of them a Sony), projectors, LCD screens, all with bad power supplies.  They are underrated and poorly manufactured in countries that  have little or no quality control.  They usually become high dollar door stops.  Not to mention all the false advertising they do to get you to purchase the product.  Best thing... build your own PC, and ditch the consoles.  This way you can actually use controllers that fit the game, and you don't have to purchase new ones every time they come out with a different console.  I bought a PS3 in between PC builds a couple of weeks ago and it is a great game machine for some games, but it has some very serious design  problems, faulty optical sound, a video editor that can't edit your game videoes, and has spontaneoulsy rebooted on many occasions for no reason.  Which I'm starting to beleive that the power supply must  underated, which means that as long as the PS3 has been on the market they still can't put an effecient PS in their product, so I expect it to fail shortly.  Good thing Sony doesn't produce passenger jets.

It's impossible to play a FPS with a default controller properly, hence the necessity of autoaim in all FPS games on a console, and even though the manual and some of the advertising claimed you could hook up a mouse to use with your games it doesn't work out of the box.  You have to buy a 3rd party product that Sony eventually seems to make obsolete in their next update.  It's definitely a step backwards from PC gaming.  Power supplies should be outside the box and standardized for easy replacement in all electronics.   But they'd rather you remain in the dark and have to send it in, or purchase a whole new system just for one inherently bad component.  The console concept is good just very poorly implemented.  They would completely sway most PC gamers just by allowing a mouse to be used in games, as they claimed in their documentation.  Otherwise it's like telling someone who learned to type with both hands correctly that they can only use one finger.  The person who started off using one finger doesn't know the difference.  I hope my PS3 doesn't fail before the warrantee ends, or shortly there after.  I've had it with bad electronics, and poor engineering. 

My home built PC is now 7 years old and still going strong, because I was able to purchase quality components and build it myself for half the price of a lesser quality build from a manufacturer.  The only part of it that has failed is the LCD monitors, (bad PS units in LG and KDS monitors) which I've had to replace 3 times in those 7 years.  That's why grandpa, rest his soul, after purchasing a new plasma screen threw it in the trash after it lasted only 2 years right when the warrantee was up, and brought back out his 30 year old RCA console TV with the built in turntable that still works fine.  They just don't make things the way they use to. 

It's all about money now, and the consumer is the least of thier worries after they have your money, as they'll prove by deleting this post most likely.  Greed has destroyed our entertainment, but they'll claim piracy has destroyed their ill gotten wealth.  It works hand in hand, you produce crap you'll get crap in return.  Common sense just doesn't exist where greed has taken over all conscience thought.  But all this said, there is a tide to everything and the good will come out again and we'll all wonder why we put up with the bad for so long..  I guess ignorance is bliss, and they'd like to keep it that way.

f you love gaming as I do and the console concept keep the pressure on them to make it right otherwise they'll keep feeding the ignorant and pocketing your hard earned money, and laugh at you all the way to the bank.  I do believe some at Sony hear the message but those in power (have the highest salaries) will not to make a change, unless they are forced to by the consumer, and that will take some time when they've created a huge number of brainwashed toddler fanboys who spend their parents money instead of their own.  Good thing is they'll grow up and hopefully grasp reality one day.

Message 21 of 35 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2012

this is what happened to my ps3 how did u fix it

Message 22 of 35 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 25, 2012
im sorry man you cannot fix it :/
Message 23 of 35 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2012

My ps3 is reading the disk but it not loading the game if it does its just glitching. is it the disk reader?? or the disk laser ?? I don't know??

Mynorbarrientos
Message 24 of 35 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

What's wrong with my ps3?

Dec 29, 2012

my game icon will not come on to the screen and it stops loading after about 3 seconds and i tried all of my games and they are all brand new bu t the games wont load and i tried restoring everything as if it was a new ps3 but it still dosnt work. ANY SUGGESTIONS. My warranty ends in a few days.

Message 25 of 35 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

well you could do this 

1.) Unplug every cord on your ps3.

2.) make sure any type of cd is not inside 

3.) let it cool down.

4.) plug everything in again 

see if that works but if it doesn't you need to repair

Do you have fat ps3 or a silm ps3?

Message 26 of 35 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 2, 2013

the same thing happened to mine about a couple of months ago and still isnt working...

Message 27 of 35 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 12, 2013

About a week ago my playstation 3 system automatically froze with fuzzy and white lines and this has been happening for a week now and it s very annoying,what shall i do, i cant find my warranty but i bought it around 08 or 09, i think i was hacked and i would really appreciate the help, thanks , jamie

Message 28 of 35 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 12, 2013

try use the warranty

Message 29 of 35 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts