Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: What's wrong with my ps3?

Feb 13, 2013

Its called a YLOD issue yellow light of death but really thats not officialized but ehh what are you gonna do..

Its a issue the fact sony was not thinking or using there heads when they decided to use lead free solder

this is a replacement issue for you you need a new one but i dont recommend it just buy something else that works

Message 31 of 35 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 7, 2013
So a few months back my ps3 fell on the ground and now it won't read any Bluetooth device anyone know what I can do
Message 32 of 35 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Could be just a ribbon cable came loose when it fell.

PS3's are fairly easy to open up. Various Youtube videos show how it's done. Search for your specific model and go at it.

The wifi / bluetooth board sits in front of the power supply. You'll see the wifi antenna wire connected to it. A ribbon cable shaped like a "U" connects the wifi / bluetooth board to the mainboard. This cable isn't well secured to begin with and is notorious for working its way out of the sockets. Hopefully that's all that is wrong with yours.

It's easy to get to the wifi / bluetooth board. About 8 screws to remove the top cover will get you there.

Message 33 of 35 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 24, 2013

my ps3 has been taking really long to start up and it keeps saying it needs to restore the ps3 and it takes about 15 sec to turn off the ps3 whats wrong?

Message 34 of 35 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 24, 2013

manelneto wrote:

Today I was playing comfortably, when my ps3 turned off by itself. I thought it was nothing... Then I tried to turn on the ps3 again but it couldn't start, I don't know why... When it was turned off , the light was red , then I passed my finger over the button to turn on ( the light passed to green), but it stayed green 1 second because it passed fast to yellow and fast to red flashes... In summary I couldn't play more today . Can u tell me what passed with my ps3?

YLOD dude. never had that issue but had my HDD crap out and and my lens go out in my 60gb. Then just upgraded to the 160gb slim had no issues in the last 4 years with it.

I do hope you backed up your saved data atleast. One thing i learned the hard way when my HDD crapped out on me >< went out and bought a 4gb thumb drive to keep my saves backed up and do it once a month.

Message 35 of 35 (107 Views)
0 Likes