Apr 18 2011
By: JK-47G2 First Son 2 posts

What's going on with PSN???

2 replies 460 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

I've been having a whole lot of trouble trying to get online where  service has been off and on since this recent down period announced  earlier this month (around April 6th/2011).  A few day's later I was able to get back online however since this day PSN service has been very intermittitent and not very reliable lately.  Even after logging in suecessfully I sometimes lost the connection randomly.  Today I just cannot connect to PSN whatsoever.  In fact, I've been reguarly getting the PSN error 80710092 whenever I attempted to sign in to PSN. 

I've been noticing alot of problems being reported across the official PlayStation fourms with regards to PSN.  There are numerous views on this matter as to what the reason is for this downtime with many suspecting a possible attack by a group of hackers.  Is anyone aware of any official press release by Sony which say's anything to explain this problem or at least acknolwedging this problem. 

I ask seeing how I have not had any suecess finding anything informative on this situation from Sony.  I really hope that Sony releases some press statement that gives some acknowledgement and/or explianation as to what's been going on.  It appears that Sony has been extreamly quiet since this first started and I (like anyone else) would really like some answers (even if it's a partial explaination in case the problem is more serious then what it appears).  If Sony just explained what was going I am sure that others (like myself) would be more forgiving as to the recent interruption in service.

I just hope that Sony can resolve the problems with PSN as soon as possible so that we can all move on from this and start playing some more games!!!

Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: What's going on with PSN???

Apr 18, 2011

I share most of your sentiments as well. As far as your problems go; they are being shared by many users across the globe right now. There are various fixes some posters have suggested solutions, but as of yet nothing has worked across the board for everyone.

I, personally, have had little luck gathering any information like you beyond the intermittant maintainence press release by Sony and various reports of hacker attacks on the web. I have been able to log in at times, but at no time have been able to add funds to my wallet nor purchase anything from the Store.

My level of fustration has grown but I want to be optimistic. I am very dissapointed that these PSN problems might sour my highly anticipated Portal 2 launch if the PSN sign in issues perssist.

Message 2 of 3 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: What's going on with PSN???

Apr 18, 2011

Yah, same here.  I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever had any serious problems with PSN or anything else to do with PlayStation.  There have definately been down times that I had experienced during the time I've had my PS3 however, they were just simple routine mainteniance and didn't normally last longer then a day or two.  I for one can apprechiate this seeing how I am pursuing a career in IT and know that this kind of work is necessary to keep things running smoothly.  I definately have been pleased overall with my expiriences with PlayStation since I got my PS2 back in the day.  It got me through both the good times and most importantly the tough times...

Message 3 of 3 (460 Views)
0 Likes