Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 1, 2012

Gex : Enter The Gecko for the original Playstation, My favourite platformer, a lot of good times with this one.

War, war never chenges
Message 81 of 356 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 1, 2012

Blade Kitten, it is a 2D platformer that uses 3D graphics that is based on a comic of the same name and tells the history of a bounty hunter called Kit Ballard. The gameplay gives you a lot of freedom in terms of movement, since you can climb on walls and ceilings, do double jumps, and run. The fighting system revolves into using flying swords called Gears to cut your enemies off distance, and it also create shields to protect yourself if you hold it with you, and while it doesn't seems that exciting beating enemies, it has a lot of exploration, secret items (and some may unlock new costumes for you to use) and secret areas to look forward, making movement freedom a plus and giving it a good replay value if you like doing 100% on games and replaying stages to look for something new on it. If you like 2D platformers, exploration and good sci-fi histories this game is definately worth of your time. 

Message 82 of 356 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Beyond Good and Evil! Beatiful game with great story and characters. I can ask almost anyone about that game and they will more than likely say they've never heard of it.

Get your Portable ID!

Message 83 of 356 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

It's so good I've gone through the game like five times. 

Message 84 of 356 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Darkcloud
Message 85 of 356 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I have tons of these, both on PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3. But I wan't to focus on a game that is:

- Readily available

- Unfairly obscure

- Timeless

So I'll talk about Half Minute Hero, available for PSP on the PSN store (and VITA). It is such a funny, well made game, that plays on the tropes of traditional JRPGs and blows them out of the water. The story is hilarious, the graphics retro yet beautiful and the gameplay varied and fast paced. You literally have only 30 seconds to clear each story segment (though time can be regained) so it really has you on your toes. It has tons of content and is perfect for anyone that either loves RPGs or is tired of them. 

Other gems I'd like to mention are the Valkyrie Profile series, Granstream Saga and Shadow Hearts.

Message 86 of 356 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Omega Boost for the Playstation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Omega-Boost-for-the-Playstati...

Before Zone Of the Enders, came a 60fps fast-paced mecha/gundam shooting game from Polyphony Digital, the creators of Gran Turismo.

Sound effects, graphics, action. It had it all going. This is probably the best-looking Playstation 1 game ever.

Message 87 of 356 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Onimusha Down of Dreams on PS2 because this is the first game I played on PS2.
Message 88 of 356 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 1, 2012

My pick would have to be Machine Hunter.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Machine-Hunter/m-p/37729151/m...

This is Xander, serving up some hot missle action!
Message 89 of 356 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Gaelic Games Football. Cracker of a game. Takes all the best elements of FIFA and MADDEN - blends them together - and makes a classic PS2 game. Very few people have heard of it - but to this day the highest selling PS game ever in Ireland!
Message 90 of 356 (163 Views)
0 Likes