Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 1, 2012

Agree to that Desastreger. I'm still hoping for a sequel of that game, and Legend of Dragoon. What a great RPG that was. But, I'd have to gg with Way of the Samurai, for PS2. It was one of those games, where you had to think your action, since others were affected by it. It also gave a lot of understanding about the Samurai.

Message 31 of 368 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 1, 2012

Psatapon

Good game

Message 32 of 368 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Vanquish for PS3... It was a highly underappreciated game that many passed on and you can find it for $20 now at retailers. Although it had a short campaign, the story was well done and the gameplay was fun and remained fresh for the full 6-8 hours . Vanquish had time trial challenge which added some replayability since they can be very tough (they are trust me). The gameplay for Vanquish is its best aspect as it gave third person shooters a unique aspect with cool uses of bullet time and boosts which also gave it some flair. Oh and the game looks great and runs very well on PS3.

Message 33 of 368 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Gradius Gaiden for PS1. The best Gradius shmup made and one of my favorites of all time. Only way you can play it in North America is through the Gradius Collection on PSP. Make it a PS One import Sony, so the rest of the world can see how awesome this game is. Make it happen!

Message 34 of 368 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Eternal Sonata!  It's a JRPG in which one of your main characters is Chopin.  How many games out there have classical composers beating the stuffing out of monsters with a big conductor's baton?  Also, the graphics are nice and the music is wonderful.

Message 35 of 368 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Does anyone else remember Apocolypse on the original Playstation? NeverSoft, those guys that went on to create Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, made one of the earliest games to really grasp the concept of cinematic gameplay largely thanks to the game's star, Bruce Willis. That's right, Apocolypse allowed you to take control of the greatest action star ever in a fun action game. Add to that a great heavy metal soundtrack featuring the likes of System of a Down (before they were as big as they were in the 2000s). I'd pick this guy up in a heartbeat if it were to come to the PSN.

Message 36 of 368 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Loaded for PS1! When I was younger, my uncle bought a playstation and before we got any games or a memory card I played Loaded for hours on end. I think that may have been released on Saturn as well. If that makes it not count as a "playstation" game then I'd have to go with Intelligent Qube, another game that I devoted tons of my time to when I was younger..but it was acceptable because it was a puzzle game!

Message 37 of 368 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Socom II, i have yet to find a better online experience in gaming. When you don't mind spending hundreds of dollars on broken mics and controllers you know you have a game that you will never forget. Socom II has brought on many friendships that still remain today and also reminds me of how gaming used to be. Hopefully Sony is aware of the loyal fans that still support this awesome game.

Message 38 of 368 (396 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Alundra for PS1. Amazing game. The puzzles were very cool (some were really well planned), long game and great story. Oh! And amazing soundtrack as well!
Message 39 of 368 (395 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Since someone posted I.Q. already, I'll also throw Jeanne D'arc out there. Jeanne D'arc was my personal favorite PSP game and one of the best tactical RPGs ever in my opinion. Stacks up with Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. No one I know has heard of this game or played it
Message 40 of 368 (394 Views)
0 Likes