Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 2, 2012

Alice: Madness Returns. Reminded me a lot of Psychonauts.

Please use plain text.
Message 201 of 356 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: What's Your Favorite PlayStation Game That No One Else Know About? 8/11 Special Callout

Aug 2, 2012

I think Enslaved Odyssee to the West is a great underrated game.  When I first played the demo I was not impressed at all.  It seemed unfinished.  Recently I got the game for my birthday and it seems like an entirely different game!  The gameplay is fun, the story is very intriquing and I love the characters.  The graphics are strong as well.  I dont recall this game getting much coverage when it came out. I reccomend checking it out!

Please use plain text.
Message 202 of 356 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 2, 2012
No doubt! Insane game! I held onto that one for a long time. the music was brilliant.
Please use plain text.
Message 203 of 356 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Someone stole my Skullmonkeys idea! But if that can't be used, then I opt to mention a game that didn't get talked about much, and it surprised me not many people knew about it. 

I'm talking about "Silent Bomber."

I first played it on a Playstation Underground demo disk (I used to love getting those things in the mail). I liked it so much I searched all over to buy it, and since I couldn't find it at stores, I think I tracked it down on eBay. I was impressed with the gameplay, because it didn't involve you with a gun mowing through the enemies. Instead you had to plant bombs as you progressed through the levels and blow up your enemies that way. More strategic than a shooter, it felt beyond its time. 

Level designs were cool, there were always other things going on, besides you, it seemed. Explosions in the background, ships flying by... 

Then if that wasn't enough, there was a slick upgrade system. I can't remember all the parts to it, but you could upgrade each of your type of bombs for strength, radii of damage, etc. I think you got stronger, too. These were different in a game... I loved the "RPG" feel to the game: as you played more, your got stronger. 

The story was good too. You against an entire ship, and your main enemy an insane genius. I hang my head in shame, I never beat the game, or even got past the virtual chess game (yes, that was bizarre). 

Silent Bomber: A classic game way ahead of its time in gameplay.

Please use plain text.
Message 204 of 356 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 2, 2012
I was referring to the SkullMonkeys entry...)
Please use plain text.
Message 205 of 356 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2012
Mine would definately have to be Beyond Good and Evil on the ps2. It is still one of the best action/adventure games I've played and it had an incredible story. My joy when it got an HD release last year. Brought back some good memories!
Please use plain text.
Message 206 of 356 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Socom 2, hands down. I have yet to find another game like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 207 of 356 (114 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2012

i like the game x com enemy unknown...so great

Please use plain text.
Message 208 of 356 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2012

i also liked tomba and tomba 2

Please use plain text.
Message 209 of 356 (110 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Aug 2, 2012

my favorite game has always been marvel vs. capcom 2 i always liked when i did the hyper combos i felt so alive although i always lost every once in a while ive always liked it because it was so dificult and it had a lot of characters and its so cool that it keeps coming back in new platforms after nearly 10 years so yeah marvel vs. capcom 2 is my favorite playstation 2 and playstation 3 game

Please use plain text.
Message 210 of 356 (104 Views)
0 Likes