Jul 28 2013
By: golden85354 First Son 16 posts

What's The Deal With Gaikai

15 replies 194 views Edited Jul 28, 2013
Ok. You See. I'm Thinking Of Asking My Parents To Preorder The Ps4. Only Problem Is, Sony Keeps Releasing Ps3 Games. Ok. So Understand That Psn And Trophies Will Be Carried Over But What About Ps3 Games? My Original Plan Was To Trade My Ps3 In. Will Gaikai Provide ALL Past Playstation Games?
Message 1 of 16 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10155 posts

Re: What's The Deal With Gaikai

Jul 28, 2013
no
Message 2 of 16 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2401 posts

Jul 28, 2013

golden85354 wrote:
Ok. You See. I'm Thinking Of Asking My Parents To Preorder The Ps4. Only Problem Is, Sony Keeps Releasing Ps3 Games. Ok. So Understand That Psn And Trophies Will Be Carried Over But What About Ps3 Games? My Original Plan Was To Trade My Ps3 In. Will Gaikai Provide ALL Past Playstation Games?

There is not much information on Gaikai, and there most likely won't be a lot of information released in the near future. 

My recommendation: Do NOT let the the prospect of Gaikai affect any decision you make now.

Message 3 of 16 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Absinthetic wrote:
no

Maybe not when Gaikai first rolls out, but that IS the goal, for eventually the entire back catalog of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games to be available on Gaikai. It will just happen slowly, over time.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 4 of 16 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jul 28, 2013
I am 16 and have paid for my Ps4 fully with no help from my parents. I am even buying the playstation plus and all the games to go with it, which I will be getting quite a few titles.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 5 of 16 (158 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2401 posts

Jul 28, 2013

DKTA- wrote:
I am 16 and have paid for my Ps4 fully with no help from my parents. I am even buying the playstation plus and all the games to go with it, which I will be getting quite a few titles.

So did you come here just to brag about paying for it yourself??

Message 6 of 16 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Jul 28, 2013

DKTA- wrote:

Drug dealing.... Thats all I can suspect :smileytongue:

Message 7 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

Absinthetic wrote:
no

Maybe not when Gaikai first rolls out, but that IS the goal, for eventually the entire back catalog of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games to be available on Gaikai. It will just happen slowly, over time.

What about new games like Batman Arkham Origins?

Message 8 of 16 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Jul 28, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

Absinthetic wrote:
no

What about new games like Batman Arkham Origins?

They said that they are starting with AAA titles, so, who knows when newer games will get the treatment?

Bottom line for me is this:  If you have any worries about playing PS3 games in the immediate future, do all you can to keep a PS3 and get a PS4.  Depending on the details of Gaikai, I may change my tune, but I doubt it.

I say this only because I want people to be able to play their games - Sony has big plans for this service, but it is going to take time to implement.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 9 of 16 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1647 posts

Jul 28, 2013
I would not suggest trading in any console, but this is just my preference. There is always that one time where you want go go back and play a classic that you enjoyed.

True, if what Sony's plans are true and Gaikai will be able to stream every single playstation game then technically you wouldn't need your old consoles. However, this is just in early, EARLY development. Sony stated that Gaikai will be available in 2014 but most likely only a select few games will be available with it at launch.

Unless you are dying to get the PS4, you are low on cash, and you are perfectly content on getting rid of your ps3 then I would say keep it.
Message 10 of 16 (89 Views)
0 Likes