Dec 23 2011
By: xPREDICTIONx Fender Bender 3228 posts

What's Going on with the Future of SOCOM?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 2744 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

I want to have this thread here for a while, I would hope people will genuinely reply what they feel is going on. So with the 10 year anniversary dawning upon us, there is no talks of a SOCOM remake or collection of any kind. SONY is well aware of the potential with the name SOCOM and in fact would like to see 10,000 votes as a goal, simply sign in and vote yes (green arrow up) and let's hope for the best, although I think it would be in the works by now if we are to get an hd remake, here is the link to vote: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2011/07/26/socom-1-hd/

Who is to blame for the downfall of SOCOM? Is it the devs., the generation or the PS3? Is it Call of Duty and the fps market? I mean look at MAG, why was MAG a larger priority it felt like, over SOCOM!? Why was SOCOM ever going to be MAG!? LOL, baffles me... why are we, the true fans of Zipper, even in this state of W-T-F!? MAG - pancake flop (sorry to be honest) SOCOM 4 - floppy disc (sorry, honesty is best policy)

One more thing, the Vita is gonna be great Zipper, we know this, but how can the best selling game on the PS2 not going to have a collection of remakes? I don't see a good buzz with the release of a "SOCOM HD" AFTER its anniversary, just my feeling. I know you guys are busy with Unit 13 and all, but can you guys keep in tuned with us for why we are here talking about SOCOM, we like SOCOM guys, if you hadn't noticed and there are millions of other guys and gals that will gobble up every bit of a classic remake. Can we have a hint please?

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Twitter: @SOCOMPre
Message 1 of 13 (2,744 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10895 posts

Re: What's Going on with the Future of SOCOM?

Dec 23, 2011

Three things: a) franchise is put on hold, b) they change it even further to get a new audience or c) we finally get a SOCOM game. That's how I view the future of the franchise.

The thing that worries me will be the release of another SOCOM game. It appears that 2013 will be the launch of the next generation. If we did get a SOCOM 5 that was a true SOCOM game, the console generation would be over because it'd take them until at least 2013 to put out a new game. HD collection/remake of S1 and/or S2 would be the only logical choice to give us what we want, on the cheap and slightly before the generation shift.

MAG got the importance it got because it was pushing the envelope with 256 players on console and it was a new IP. That's the reasoning behind the push for MAG.

Message 2 of 13 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
899 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I believe that the blame for SOCOM taking the wrong turns it has recently lies on mostly the developers. There is a very small influence from the FPS market also, but invisible in the scope of things. The blame is on Zipper Interactive or maybe SCEA for steering Zipper Interactive in the wrong direction and forcing them to make terrible decisions. I find it foolish to have SCEA dictate anything with any video game. It should be up to the developing company themselves solely to get the job done right.

SOCOM's future --- SOCOM's future, in my opinion, is looking bright and prosperous! I have faith in the name SOCOM and the will of the universe to put the greatest game ever into our hands. It takes practicality and imagination to create greatness. It is unfortunate that the past 3 years have been wasted due to lack of effort and attention to detail. This does not mean that the waste needs to be in vaine. There are options to make the perfect SOCOM-topia and the future will be comprised of those options being taken and put into tangible ecstasy. Believe it!  You have to if you're a SOCOMer.

It seems like we're shrouded in darkness, but remember that old saying: It is darkest before dawn. The amount of turmoil and bull-crap that we've endured is enough to drive anyone mad. Our turn is next. I can feel it!

Message 3 of 13 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1592 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I hate L1 OTS garbage and that's all the developers are going to. If we wanted a L1 zoom to be accurate we would just go play a FPS like MW3 or BF3 ect.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I think they will get it right . I have been tlkn to  a few fridns  and he knows how the mag engine works and it tell me its very capitable of doing  the things we saw in the other socoms.   I also saw a few things in  that unit 13 game that shows that what my friend is saying is true.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 5 of 13 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 8, 2013

In my opinion,  I have played ALL of the somom titles, beat them all!!!! if Sony makes a NEW Socom, PLEASE make it like Socom 3...#4 was a wreck, Socom 1  the first level when you are on the barge, will always remain my fav level in that game.....I personally loved the huge maps in socom 3, the controlls were tight, graphics were decent (for its time) .. just please make it like #3

mcbuttz78 wrote:

I think they will get it right . I have been tlkn to  a few fridns  and he knows how the mag engine works and it tell me its very capitable of doing  the things we saw in the other socoms.   I also saw a few things in  that unit 13 game that shows that what my friend is saying is true.

Message 6 of 13 (1,768 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Im tired of all the cheating that goes on in socom 3. Its time for a new socom, come on sony make it happen!

Message 7 of 13 (1,302 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Jul 19, 2013

xx__BEARCAT__xx wrote:

Im tired of all the cheating that goes on in socom 3. Its time for a new socom, come on sony make it happen!

If you talking about on XLink Kai. I have not see anyone currently that I think is cheating on it now. Unless you talking when the game was still online. You should give it other try as things are different now the game no longer online.

Message 8 of 13 (1,226 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 17, 2013
H-Hour: World's Elite is the future.
Message 9 of 13 (1,091 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Bacterin wrote:
H-Hour: World's Elite is the future.

Too bad they are too wish washy... During kickstarter he promised a ps4 game, then he said pc and ps4, then he said pc first then move onto ps4, now if you check his site out it says a core multiplayer experience for pc, he doesnt even mention ps4.... I wont invest a cent to Mr. Sears until he starts worrying about us playstation fans.

Message 10 of 13 (890 Views)
0 Likes